Official Redskins Free Agent Signings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:I am no expert, but judging by Scouts Inc's ratings... the draft class is REALLY weak for linemen this year.

Man, it seems like I've heard this draft class is weak at every single position. There's got to be depth somewhere. What position is this draft stocked at?

Corner and defensive line, and to a lesser extent linebacker. Pretty weak on offense all around, with maybe the exception of wide receiver.
Suck and Luck

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:I am no expert, but judging by Scouts Inc's ratings... the draft class is REALLY weak for linemen this year.

Man, it seems like I've heard this draft class is weak at every single position. There's got to be depth somewhere. What position is this draft stocked at?

Was QB then everybody went back to school.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:15 pm

UGGGHHHHH!!!! Iggle fans are clamoring for Fletch on the message boards at profootballtalk.com. They think he'll sign a 1 year deal with them. I've been arguing with them that at his age with his talent he wont do a 1 year he wants his last shot at a nice signing bonus. Just need one of the other MLBs to get signed to set a baseline for the contracts then we will pay him. Still just the thought of London Fletcher in a turd bird uni makes me wanna -drinking -drinking :explode: -drinking -drinking ](*,) -drinking -drinking :puke:
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm

TimSkin wrote:UGGGHHHHH!!!! Iggle fans are clamoring for Fletch on the message boards at profootballtalk.com. They think he'll sign a 1 year deal with them. I've been arguing with them that at his age with his talent he wont do a 1 year he wants his last shot at a nice signing bonus. Just need one of the other MLBs to get signed to set a baseline for the contracts then we will pay him. Still just the thought of London Fletcher in a turd bird uni makes me wanna -drinking -drinking :explode: -drinking -drinking ](*,) -drinking -drinking :puke:

I know, but I just can't see us messing this up, they'll match any offer he gets and then some. It is irritating that this isn't done yet though...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I saw London have trouble in spots last year, I know he led the league in tackles but our defense probably led the league in time on the field since our offense was 3n out , and his tackles weren't for losses either, I remember seeing him get out ran and saying wow he's lost some speed. Bring him back with a reasonable offer but getting a younger MLB wouldn't be the end of the world.
HAIL

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:11 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
TimSkin wrote:UGGGHHHHH!!!! Iggle fans are clamoring for Fletch on the message boards at profootballtalk.com. They think he'll sign a 1 year deal with them. I've been arguing with them that at his age with his talent he wont do a 1 year he wants his last shot at a nice signing bonus. Just need one of the other MLBs to get signed to set a baseline for the contracts then we will pay him. Still just the thought of London Fletcher in a turd bird uni makes me wanna -drinking -drinking :explode: -drinking -drinking ](*,) -drinking -drinking :puke:

I know, but I just can't see us messing this up, they'll match any offer he gets and then some. It is irritating that this isn't done yet though...

Yeah it seems like every year there is some position that takes a few days before somebody signs since nobody really knows the true value. London's is unique too cuz of his age but the fact that he's playing just as good if not better than all the younger MLBs. As for safeties Laron thinks he deserves a long term contract even tho I've seen bugs that stay healthier than him. He's probably waiting to see what Reggie Nelson gets cuz he will want more.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Chiefs signed Eric Winston
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:I saw London have trouble in spots last year, I know he led the league in tackles but our defense probably led the league in time on the field since our offense was 3n out , and his tackles weren't for losses either, I remember seeing him get out ran and saying wow he's lost some speed. Bring him back with a reasonable offer but getting a younger MLB wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm not even going to get into your analysis of London's play, but i will correct you on the defense being on the field a lot. They were on the field for less than half of the game, 29:51 average for 2011. They were right in the middle of the pack of the NFL. 16 teams were better, so of course 15 teams were worse.

So that BS about London being on the field longer than everyone else contributing to his high number of tackles is just that, BS.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:10 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Chiefs signed Eric Winston

Damn!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:15 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 am

Redskins still at work on secondary

Our friends at ESPN 980 in Washington, D.C., report that free-agent safety Madieu Williams visited the Washington Redskins on Friday as the team continues to work to upgrade its secondary.

The Redskins like DeJon Gomes, whom they drafted last year, and hope he can develop into such a player. But in case he isn't ready to fill that role this year, expect the Redskins to look into stopgap veteran solutions such as Williams.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:15 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that we are going to do the same thing as last year wrt the ol. Sign one mediocre player. Watch all the other studs go to teams that are serious about their ol.

I have the same feeling. Seems like Shanny thinks he can pick up any bum out there and make a good OL out of him. How else does one explain his conduct?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 am

Ummm... his conduct can be explained by the sabotage of the Redskins cap at the last minute by the Mara/Goddell cabal. It's clear that his first priority was ensuring that there were fast wide-outs to take advantage of Griffin's arm. That was the correct move. The rest will be addressed as well as possible considering the unplanned loss of 16 million in cap space.

Does it suck? Of course. But, they will do the best they can. Remember, there is now no need to address receiver in the draft, now. Regarding the last comment... that has been Shanny's history, has it not? I don't know that he's ever had more than one or two prime players on his O-line at one time. You also can't dismiss that Griffin's mobility will have a multiplying effect on a zone blocking line... D-linemen are forced to be less aggressive, and more concerned with containment. This substantially degrades the pass rush in all but the most aggressive of Defensive play calls...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 am

Countertrey wrote:

Does it suck? Of course. But, they will do the best they can. Remember, there is now no need to address receiver in the draft, now. Regarding the last comment... that has been Shanny's history, has it not? I don't know that he's ever had more than one or two prime players on his O-line at one time. You also can't dismiss that Griffin's mobility will have a multiplying effect on a zone blocking line... D-linemen are forced to be less aggressive, and more concerned with containment. This substantially degrades the pass rush in all but the most aggressive of Defensive play calls...

They are doing the best that they can with what Mara and Goodell left them with (they're doing better than some of the teams that got the extra $1.6M the Skins "gave" them), they've filled a few of the MANY, MANY holds that they had and aren't finished (offer safety M. Williams a contract today), they have seven picks in the Draft and can use a couple of them on OL help is the right guy is there.

No telling when a ruling on the cap space will be made but they also have June first to look at. Players will be released not because of performance but for cap purposes and that will start the second wave of free agency. Guys that were signed to big contracts and teams changing schemes combine to put a lot of OL who are still young on the market. This means more cap space for the Redskins and more players available to fill holds.

The offensive line played pretty good near the end of the year with guys that either were undrafted rookies, street free agents and whoever else they could find. Those players they replaced shouldn't and won't just be handed back their starting roles. The competetion will put the best five on the field. RGIII will made all of their jobs easier but the problem with the current group is most of them play more than one position on the line and are either pretty good and pass pro or pretty good at run blocking. None are pretty good at both, and pretty good hasn't been good enough.

I could see at least four OL added before TC starts, hopefully they'll be upgrades.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:26 pm

I hope they're looking to fill "holes," not "holds" on the O-line. :razz:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football