Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 am

Couple things rite quick..

Aswas.. LEINART?????????? For what??? To do some modeling with the Cherry Blossoms????? He's a bum.. I'd rather keep Rex Grossman for cheap to hold the clipboard. Leinart would drop that clipboard, trip over it, fall into Helu and break his leg.

Look, I'm happy we're trying to upgrade our WR corps for whoever our next youngbuck QB is..HOWEVER... can we get at least one tall guy??? My gosh man.. come on now.

Example.. Giants just won the SB.. they have speedsters AND a tall WR in Nicks.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 am

^^^^ +1
Yup, he is a bum.........dang USC players that didn't pan out.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:33 am

and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

That guy can't even catch and he's supposed to be a WR???????????

Blaaaaaaaah

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

Blaaaaaaaah

Hankerson was catching quite well prior to getting injured. This was also evident during practice according to coaches. He may not have shown YOU anything...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

Blaaaaaaaah

Hankerson was catching quite well prior to getting injured. This was also evident during practice according to coaches. He may not have shown YOU anything...

Sure he caught some passes.. and dropped equally the same amount.. hence Gaffney and Moss getting WAAAAAAAAAY more looks. Sorry bro, give me a guy who can catch easy passes anyday over a guy who can make remarkable catches sometimes.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 am

Furthermore, I'd take Austin over that bum Hankerson, at least he can catch and run back kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Furthermore, I'd take Austin over that bum Hankerson, at least he can catch and run back kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy is 6'2", runs in the 4.4's and was basically uncoverable those couple games before he got hurt.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 pm

brad7686 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Furthermore, I'd take Austin over that bum Hankerson, at least he can catch and run back kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy is 6'2", runs in the 4.4's and was basically uncoverable those couple games before he got hurt.

After he caught up to the speed of the game, no one could keep up with him.

Was serious injury though and he's still on cructhes
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ch1

Re: The "Why" behind Garcon, Morgan, and Royale

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Prowl33 wrote:I'm interested to see everyone's opinion, this is mine.

Younger receivers, for a rookie QB, long term you have 3 productive receivers that can grow with our QB and can potentially be together for the better part of 10 years.

None of these guys right now are that "It" WR, but what they all are, are solid WR that are productive. Seems like Shanahan wants to spread the ball around, give RGiii his choice of targets, and the ability to rely on any of them to catch the ball.

What about Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Hankerson, and Banks?
I'm thinking we release banks, work a trade on Gaffney and Moss for some mid round picks after FA settles down to whoever is still looking for a WR, Hankerson competes with our 3 new signings (I know Royale isn't finalized yet) for a starting role, Armstrong stays on as a #5 or backup.

What do you guys think?

Banks was ninth in the league in punt returns and 12th in kick off returns. Well above average in both and bordering on outstanding. Beats me why you guys want to get rid of him in favor of some journeyman WR we don't need.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Posted at 04:20 PM ET, 03/14/2012 TheWashingtonPost
Redskins headed in the right direction on receivers, but not there yet, analysts say
By Mark Maske

The Washington Redskins set out to upgrade at wide receiver via free agency but opinion is divided about whether they’ve accomplished that.

Former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Antonio Freeman shares an alma mater—Virginia Tech—with Josh Morgan, one of the free agent wideouts just added by the Redskins and another, Eddie Royal, whom the team is chasing.

Freeman said he likes the Redskins’ additions of wide receiver Pierre Garcon and Morgan and its pursuit of Royal. But he wonders whether the team has done enough to improve its receiving corps sufficiently.

“They got a bunch of number two receivers, a bunch of guys who never had 1,000-yard seasons,” Freeman said Wednesday. “I love Josh Morgan. I love Royal, and not only because they’re Virginia Tech guys. I love the way they play. I like their body of work. But to me, it’s not enough.”

The Redskins agreed Tuesday to a five-year, $42.5 million contract with Garcon, formerly of the Indianapolis Colts. They agreed with Morgan, formerly of the San Francisco 49ers, to a five-year contract that contains a provision by which it can be converted to a two-year deal worth as much as $12 million. Washington is attempting to apply the finishing touches to a deal with Royal, who has spent his first four NFL seasons with the Denver Broncos.

None of the three has reached 1,000 yards receiving in the NFL. Royal had 91 catches for 980 yards as a rookie in 2008. But he hasn’t had even a 700-yard receiving season since then. He had 19 catches for 155 yards in 12 games last season.

“Eddie Royal had a big rookie year,” Freeman said. “But after [former Broncos wide receiver] Brandon Marshall left, he wasn’t able to put up the same types of numbers.”

Morgan had 15 catches in an injury-shortened 2011 season for the 49ers. He totaled 96 catches in the two seasons prior to that. But he never reached 700 receiving yards in any of his four seasons with the 49ers.

“He can work inside the numbers,” Freeman said. “He can work outside the numbers. He was having a nice season last year before he got hurt, and losing him might have made the difference for the 49ers in them not getting to the Super Bowl. But I don’t know that they [the Redskins] have helped themselves enough. When you look at the Giants, when you look at Philly and the receivers those teams have, I don’t know that they’ve matched the talent level of the competing teams.”

Garcon is being paid top-receiver money by the Redskins, and he gives the team speed and a deep-ball receiving threat for expected rookie quarterback-to-be Robert Griffin III. But Garcon mostly was a complement to veteran wideout Reggie Wayne in four seasons in Indianapolis. He had career bests of 70 catches and 947 receiving yards last season.

“He played alongside Reggie Wayne, who drew a lot of the attention from the defense,” Freeman said. “Now Garcon becomes that guy. He does bring a play-making presence. But he’s not playing alongside Reggie Wayne any more. He’s not playing alongside [tight end] Dallas Clark. He doesn’t have Peyton Manning as his quarterback.”

Former Colts general manager Chris Polian called the Redskins’ deal with Garcon reasonable.

“He’s had increasing production every year,” Polian said by phone Wednesday. “There is room to get better. I don’t know that we’ve seen his ceiling yet. I think it was a good signing.”

Garcon rejected a five-year contract offer from the Colts, reportedly worth $35 million, before free agency.

“He’s a big-play guy,” Polian said. “He can run. He’s a tough guy. He plays with a lot of emotion. There will be a drop every now and then but he works real hard on his hands. For what we did, he was a little bit of a limited route-runner. For them in their West Coast offense, I think he’ll be able to run their route tree and when he gets a step on someone, he can really put his foot on the gas pedal.”

The Redskins did not land free agent wideout Vincent Jackson, who agreed to a five-year, $55.6 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A Redskins offense that lacked a 1,000-yard receiver last season still doesn’t have one after the first day of free agent maneuvering.

“I personally think they spent too much for those guys,” Freeman said. “They paid them, what, more than $5 million a year each, and they really don’t have a number one receiver…. I remember the days when they had the ‘Fun Bunch’ in D.C. They can add these guys to the guys they had and have something like that. They can spread the field. I like that. But I don’t think they’ve made enough of an upgrade. They recruited the same types of receivers that they already had. Where’s the game-changer?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-headed-in-the-right-direction-on-receivers-but-not-there-yet-analysts-say/2012/03/14/gIQAcOYUCS_blog.html#pagebreak
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:What does this mean exactly? Especially Hankerson being blocked?

it means they just cloned the mediocre jabber gaffney two additional times. meanwhile their defense is falling apart. you better pray they keep London Fletcher......your best player. even with him, they're in trouble.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 pm

the poster wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:What does this mean exactly? Especially Hankerson being blocked?

it means they just cloned the mediocre jabber gaffney two additional times. meanwhile their defense is falling apart. you better pray they keep London Fletcher......your best player. even with him, they're in trouble.

Poser, your grammar is still awful. How is the weather in Philly?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 pm

the poster wrote:

Brown eye still here? Wrinkled star? Know what I'm sayin'?

It means we can put five 4.4 guys on the field at the same time while The Poster wishes he had Grif.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Freeman said he likes the Redskins’ additions of wide receiver Pierre Garcon and Morgan and its pursuit of Royal. But he wonders whether the team has done enough to improve its receiving corps sufficiently.

Aside from the big-time receivers who signed with their own teams (Megatron, Colston, Jackson), who out there was better that we could have added? I understand the criticism that we didn't get a clear #1, but considering the price VJax was able to command, I don't know what it is the Redskins should have done that they didn't do.

Garcon would have received a similar contract elsewhere if he didn't take ours. From all reports, Morgan came cheap. Hard to say that we are going to overpay for Royal when so many teams are expressing interest about equal to what we've offered him.

What it comes down to is that we went out and got the second best guy who was realistically available. That might not prove to be enough, but we've got a better chance of one of our new WRs breaking out than we did with our old starting lineup.

I guess next year we'll have to revisit the issue.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Aside from the big-time receivers who signed with their own teams (Megatron, Colston, Jackson), who out there was better that we could have added? I understand the criticism that we didn't get a clear #1, but considering the price VJax was able to command, I don't know what it is the Redskins should have done that they didn't do.

Garcon would have received a similar contract elsewhere if he didn't take ours. From all reports, Morgan came cheap. Hard to say that we are going to overpay for Royal when so many teams are expressing interest about equal to what we've offered him.

What it comes down to is that we went out and got the second best guy who was realistically available. That might not prove to be enough, but we've got a better chance of one of our new WRs breaking out than we did with our old starting lineup.

I guess next year we'll have to revisit the issue.

People will bitch regardless. They want #1 WR's for #2 money, regardless of the realities dictating the circumstance.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football