Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

That guy can't even catch and he's supposed to be a WR???????????

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:and as for Hankerson.. what da heck has he shown anyone? I mean really?

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.

Some of us actually watch the games...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.

Some of us actually watch the games...[/quote]
I must have missed out on those crucial 13 catches he had last year in the four games he played.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I remember catching a TON of flack for all of the people who were enamored with Hankerson for saying the exact same thing during the regular season. I kept hearing how good he was going to be in 2012 and I had no idea what anyone saw in this guy to have so much confidence in him.

I must have missed out on those crucial 13 catches he had last year in the four games he played.[/quote]

Don't be dense. He only played in FOUR games his rookie year before he got hurt. The first two games were with John Beck under center so you can hardly blame him for having only one catch in those games. He caught four passes the next week against SF who you might remember were pretty good on defense. Then he caught EIGHT passes for 100+ yards against Miami.

He's a third round draft pick who broke Michael Irvin's record for TDs in college. Who knows if the guy is going to break out as a pro, but its not hard to see why some fans believe he could be special.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Give hankerson a break and to say he can't catch or play absurd! !!hank was the first rookie to have a 100 yard game since rod gardener in wr core. I think hank will be fine and would have broke out last year if wasn't for hip injury. Moss will still be on the team for another year. I like the looks of our we core this year will be a upgrade from last year.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:22 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

I must have missed out on those crucial 13 catches he had last year in the four games he played.

Don't be dense. He only played in FOUR games his rookie year before he got hurt. The first two games were with John Beck under center so you can hardly blame him for having only one catch in those games. He caught four passes the next week against SF who you might remember were pretty good on defense. Then he caught EIGHT passes for 100+ yards against Miami.

He's a third round draft pick who broke Michael Irvin's record for TDs in college. Who knows if the guy is going to break out as a pro, but its not hard to see why some fans believe he could be special.

He's a third round pick that had trouble getting on the field, when they did put him out there it was partly due to other players being injured. He actually progress better just being on the field although it was Beck. When he got injured the other WR had recovered (they even brought back one they had cut), yet he was starting. He constantly improved as the season went on and then got hurt.

But the truth is, he's still on crutches so he's still a mystery.

:shock: See how I said what you said with a different spin :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I think the only thing kept Hankerson out of the first round was his speed. He ran a decent 40 for his size but was not great in college running after the catch. Outside of that he runs good routes, is strong, and will surprise people with his catching ability once he gets into NFL conditioning and learns how to properly train like a pro. This year might hold him back a lil due to injury but once he's healthy I see him being

Easily be a #2 solid receiver for us in a few years and possibly a #1 not elite but good #1 at best.

Seen him in college and he improved each year.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm not sure what you guys expect out of a 3rd round WR in his rookie season, running routes for Grossman and Beck.

:hmm:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I just don't get all the hooplah over the guy who's still a complete mystery due to his limited playing time (thanks to the injury).

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I just don't get all the hooplah over the guy who's still a complete mystery due to his limited playing time (thanks to the injury).

- He was good in college.

- His physical attributes.

- Reports from Redskins Park/Coaches about the strides he made to be activated for the game-day roster.

- In the limited amount of time that he spent on the field, he looked good. So what that it was brief, it further solidified what the coaches saw in him to draft him. It also solidified their comments about the progress he made practicing during the season.

Nobody is calling him a HOF'er. Nobody is saying probowl. It's ok to be cautious but let's not act like it's hard to see why people are excited about the possibilities either.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

and all of you were wrong.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

the poster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then. In the regular season he has been pretty sure handed. I think people remember him from hhis rookie preseason droppin balls and that has stuck in everyones minds. Fred Davis shook it and im sure he will the more he play.

Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards but is not a deep ball guy, that was not his strength in college nor running after the catch. This is why he was a 3rd rd pick, he does not have the potential to be a gamebreaker.....and i dont think no one see him as so people who are optimistic just like his potential to be a steady reliable receiver that can move the chains.

Receivers take time, keep in mind he didnt have a chance to get better or really run in the offseason due to a misdiagnosis once again by our training staff. He will mature...

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

the poster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

Hankerson will be just fine. Every receiver has a drop now and then. In the regular season he has been pretty sure handed. I think people remember him from hhis rookie preseason droppin balls and that has stuck in everyones minds. Fred Davis shook it and im sure he will the more he play.

Hankerson can be dominate within 30 yards but is not a deep ball guy, that was not his strength in college nor running after the catch. This is why he was a 3rd rd pick, he does not have the potential to be a gamebreaker.....and i dont think no one see him as so people who are optimistic just like his potential to be a steady reliable receiver that can move the chains.

Receivers take time, keep in mind he didnt have a chance to get better or really run in the offseason due to a misdiagnosis once again by our training staff. He will mature...

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 am

mastdark81 wrote:
the poster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:

Blaaaaaaaah

+1

:hmm:

I don't think Hankerson and "dominant" should ever be uttered in the same sentence. Hankerson just didn't have "a" drop. This has been a consistent problem SINCE COLLEGE that has not improved. Had he caught that pass, it could have changed the momentum of the game. Hankerson was thrown to 4 times and had 1 reception.

So basically you are saying he is a possession receiver. However, he doesn't use his body and has bad hands...... Aren't those the 2 major strengths of a possession receiver?????

Honestly, I don't see any potential in Hankerson. He is slow, can't run after the catch, has bad hands, doesn't run his routes well (he had 2 timing/route errors against PITT), has zero first step speed, can't create separation to save his life, and makes mental errors. I see him as a placeholder until something better comes along. We should in no way invest in him or in his ability to actually progress. While Moss had multiple drops yesterday, I would replace Hankerson with Moss and have Morgan as the other starter. Since Briscoe and Robinson are so horrendous, I actually would put Hankerson at the 3. If Hankerson doesn't fit as a 3, I would just alter playcalling so that Hankerson is typically the 3 or 4th option.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am

Dear Carlos Rogers - Our bad.

Dear Ryan Clark - We sorry.

Dear Laron Landry - See what had happened was..
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football