Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Man O man...!!! New wideouts are coming to take "food off the table" of some of our current wideouts.

Report: Redskins pair WR Morgan with Garcon Profootballtalk reports the Redskins have agreed to terms with WR Josh Morgan on a five-year, $12 million contract.
The five years are misleading, apparently in an attempt to extend the proration of the signing bonus. The deal will void after two years and contains a more than respectable $7.5 million in guarantees. Morgan was viewed around the league as a solid playmaker under-utilized by the 49ers. He'll join Pierre Garcon, and likely Eddie Royal, in a revamped Redskins receiving corps. Santana Moss and Jabar Gaffney are on notice while Leonard Hankerson is blocked.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm

What does this mean exactly? Especially Hankerson being blocked?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ch1

Re: Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson are PUT ON NOTICE

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Man O man...!!! New wideouts are coming to take "food off the table" of some of our current wideouts.

Report: Redskins pair WR Morgan with Garcon Profootballtalk reports the Redskins have agreed to terms with WR Josh Morgan on a five-year, $12 million contract.
The five years are misleading, apparently in an attempt to extend the proration of the signing bonus. The deal will void after two years and contains a more than respectable $7.5 million in guarantees. Morgan was viewed around the league as a solid playmaker under-utilized by the 49ers. He'll join Pierre Garcon, and likely Eddie Royal, in a revamped Redskins receiving corps. Santana Moss and Jabar Gaffney are on notice while Leonard Hankerson is blocked.

Neither Morgan nor Royal will end up on the squad.

DarthMonk

Greatest Show

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Is this gonna be the greatest show on ... grass?

Probable "starters" at skill positions with rookie year, 40 time, height, and weight.

2012 4.41 6'2" 223# RGIII

2011 4.40 6'0" 219# Helu

2008 4.76 6'4" 258# Davis

2008 4.48 6'0" 210# Garcon
2011 4.43 6'2" 209# Hankerson
2008 4.47 6'0" 218# Morgan
2001 4.31 5'10" 185# Moss
2008 4.39 5'10" 182# Royal

Guys, this is fast. All these times are actually conservative except for Moss. This is also a great mix of youth and experience with a really young core that can grow together - 4 guys from 2008, 2 from 2011, the Old One, and the new Son of Washington.

If all we have at WR is five #2s I'm cool with that.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Man O man...!!! New wideouts are coming to take "food off the table" of some of our current wideouts.

One of them still doesn't have a contract with the team.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:01 pm

IF Royal makes the squad, he'll more than likely be kicking Brandon Banks to the curb.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Are they targeting VT players? Both Morgan and Royal are from VT
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Also, Hankerson doesn't have much to worry about IMO if he comes back healthy and stays healthy. I believe they're hoping that he really develops this year.

They just grabbed a bunch of "2's" in hopes that he becomes a "1".
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

swine

The "Why" behind Garcon, Morgan, and Royale

Postby Prowl33 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm interested to see everyone's opinion, this is mine.

Younger receivers, for a rookie QB, long term you have 3 productive receivers that can grow with our QB and can potentially be together for the better part of 10 years.

None of these guys right now are that "It" WR, but what they all are, are solid WR that are productive. Seems like Shanahan wants to spread the ball around, give RGiii his choice of targets, and the ability to rely on any of them to catch the ball.

What about Moss, Gaffney, Armstrong, Hankerson, and Banks?
I'm thinking we release banks, work a trade on Gaffney and Moss for some mid round picks after FA settles down to whoever is still looking for a WR, Hankerson competes with our 3 new signings (I know Royale isn't finalized yet) for a starting role, Armstrong stays on as a #5 or backup.

What do you guys think?

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Let's see, I will call this the Redskins Mock Backfield 1.0

WR - Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson, Royal, Morgan, Garcon
TE - Cooley, Davis, Paulson
RB - Hightower, Helu, Royster
FB - Young
QB - RGIII, Leinart

I could be very happy with this bunch.

ROTFALMAO

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm

I wasn't big on this at first, but wide receivers have traditionally blossomed after their 3rd year. Garcon is a three year starter.

Here's his scouting report from Scouts Inc.

Garcon is a good-sized receiver with excellent acceleration off the line and adequate route-running skills. He is still learning how to run crisp, precise routes rather than simply trying to rely on his straight line speed. He is a bit of a one-speed runner that needs to learn to alter his pace and add quick bursts when running deep routes. He is strong when going up for the ball in a crowd and shows good hand-eye coordination. He has gotten a lot better when it comes to reading coverages and adjusting on the move and can find seams and lanes to settle into when facing zone coverages. He is quick to turn upfield and shows open-field running skills after the catch.

As Bill Polian said, Garcon is a great WCO wideout. Big, fast, can go over the middle and get YAC. I am warming up to this. Just hope we get these guys a line.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Look at Green Bay. Dump, dump, dump and boooooom over the top. That's what you want.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I wasn't big on this at first, but wide receivers have traditionally blossomed after their 3rd year. Garcon is a three year starter.

Here's his scouting report from Scouts Inc.

Garcon is a good-sized receiver with excellent acceleration off the line and adequate route-running skills. He is still learning how to run crisp, precise routes rather than simply trying to rely on his straight line speed. He is a bit of a one-speed runner that needs to learn to alter his pace and add quick bursts when running deep routes. He is strong when going up for the ball in a crowd and shows good hand-eye coordination. He has gotten a lot better when it comes to reading coverages and adjusting on the move and can find seams and lanes to settle into when facing zone coverages. He is quick to turn upfield and shows open-field running skills after the catch.

As Bill Polian said, Garcon is a great WCO wideout. Big, fast, can go over the middle and get YAC. I am warming up to this. Just hope we get these guys a line.

He's coming off his best year as a pro... sure it was his contract year but he did it without Peyton Manning. That has to say something
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:54 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:

That's crazy talk.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

Here's a great preview of the hustle that Garcon brings to the table. I can see why Indy was not happy about losing him:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss ... s-bad-news
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football