London Fletcher Contract

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Fletcher is my favorite Redskin (and football player) by far, but $9m/year is way too steep. I hope something can be worked out to keep him here.

Which teams are in the market for a vet ILB? Any that could afford to pay him?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Bottom line is Fletcher will come around or he will not be playing in the NFL. Do you really think any other team is willing to give him that much? No, they won't and that's why eventually he will sign for less.

He knows the deal, he knows we have something good going on and he wants to be a part of it. He also knows EVERYONE on this team is on a short leash and wants to lock up some years.

London, I applaud your efforts but you know you are not going anywhere so sign for less and enjoy the next few years as a Redskin.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 pm

I just read where Tulloch got 5 years $25.5 M w/$11.25 M guaranteed.

I'm thinking Fletch should get something similar but not for 5 years.

I'm kinda liking the 3 year deal that typically doesn't play out for all 3 years.

Hey 1nik - what would be a typical structure that would average out to $5 M per but let us out after one year if we saw a decline?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I just read where Tulloch got 5 years $25.5 M w/$11.25 M guaranteed.

I'm thinking Fletch should get something similar but not for 5 years.

I'm kinda liking the 3 year deal that typically doesn't play out for all 3 years.

Hey 1nik - what would be a typical structure that would average out to $5 M per but let us out after one year if we saw a decline?

DarthMonk
Check out Carriker's new deal...

$19.8M for 4 years, but give the team the option to void instead of the player
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

Every day I wake up and check the news hoping to see that London is back on board. And every day nothing....

](*,)

It would be so Redskins to get RGIII and a revamped offense scoring 30+ points every week next season but we still end up losing BECAUSE THE SODDING DEFENSE HAS FALLEN APART DUE TO LONDON NOT GETTING HIS CONTRACT!!!!!

:explode:

I don't care that he's 37, he's as good as there is and everything revolves around him in the D. He's been here whilst we've been nothing short of an embarrasment some weeks, through dodgy coaches and ordinary teammates, he's been Mr. Reliable, Mr. Dependable and Mr. Lead by Example.

PAY THE MAN!!!!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 am

^ what he said...

do the math... Fletcher is huge in this defense... plus, his first name is London... which happens to be SouthLondonRedskin's middle... sort of... name.

Pay the man.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Every day I wake up and check the news hoping to see that London is back on board. And every day nothing....

](*,)

It would be so Redskins to get RGIII and a revamped offense scoring 30+ points every week next season but we still end up losing BECAUSE THE SODDING DEFENSE HAS FALLEN APART DUE TO LONDON NOT GETTING HIS CONTRACT!!!!!

I don't care that he's 37, he's as good as there is and everything revolves around him in the D. He's been here whilst we've been nothing short of an embarrasment some weeks, through dodgy coaches and ordinary teammates, he's been Mr. Reliable, Mr. Dependable and Mr. Lead by Example.

PAY THE MAN!!!!

:!: :idea: :!:

Though my boy might be full of bullocks, I agree 1,000,000% with everything he said.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 am

What do you guys not understand about this?

He WILL be a Redskin next year. He will not get that kind of money from anyone else, so he will eventually settle for less to play with us.

Like I have said before, the times of old guys milking the Skins for pension checks are over.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Every day I wake up and check the news hoping to see that London is back on board. And every day nothing....

](*,)

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves in terms of putting up 30+ PPG. We are going to have a rookie QB, a revamped WR corps, and (if nothing else happens) a below average OL. If people think we are going to be putting up 30+ PPG out of the gates, they better be ready for a strong dose of reality come september.

Football is a team sport and people need to learn their offfensive roles and play together in actual games before they can gell -- especially with a rookie QB.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

@ LPJ

Bollocks, not bullocks! I'm a cockney not a farmer! :wink:

@ ATX

I'm sure you're right, but the longer it takes the more worried I get about the whole situation. I just want it resolved before some other team thinks 'Hang on a minute, he's just what we need in the short term, if they wont pay him we will!'

@ MarkShark

I was exagerating to make a point. Clearly they'll need time to settle, the point was the offense is looking much better than last year (the OL will be improved before the season begins) so lets make sure the defense stays together and continues to move forward, not regress.

And oh yeah, PAY THE MAN!!!!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 am

Countertrey wrote:^ what he said...

do the math... Fletcher is huge in this defense... plus, his first name is London... which happens to be SouthLondonRedskin's middle... sort of... name.

Pay the man.

And what a great name it is!

I wonder if he sings 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' in the shower...

:-k

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 am

30+ isn't an exaggeration.. If Cam Newton can do it down there with really just Steve Smith, I'm taking a guess RG3/Luck can do it with even more weapons.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Countertrey wrote:^ what he said...

Pay the man.

YEAH. Do the math. We can't AFFORD to pay the man.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redsk ... ap-penalty
Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander recently spoke with Alex Marvez of Fox Sports. In that conversation, Alexander claimed that the NFL's salary cap penalty has hindered efforts by the Redskins to re-sign fellow linebacker London Fletcher.

The end result in this could be that both players may be off the team in 2013. Both Alexander and Fletcher are highly regarded players on the Redskins. Alexander is the special teams captain and Fletcher has been a leader on the Redskins defense since he was signed in 2007.

One of the reasons why this is such a problem for the Redskins is because Fletcher will probably demand much of his money up front for his deal. The Redskins may have to take a hit on cap space in the future to keep both players on the team.

I've been saying this for a week now. There's more to it than stating the obvious (Fletcher is a key part of our defense) and screaming "Pay the man".

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Pay

The

Man.

Was there a reason to pull two fast, similar WR's off the FA list?

Pay the man.

Loosing Alexander next year would suck... but no where near as much as losing Fletcher this year.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:Pay

The

Man.

Was there a reason to pull two fast, similar WR's off the FA list?

Pay the man.

Loosing Alexander next year would suck... but no where near as much as losing Fletcher this year.

You're just being an idiot. You can't "pay the man" if you don't have the cap space. End of story.

Your posts are normally intelligent, so I don't understand why you keep posting this inane comment.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football