Rex Grossman agrees to one-year deal with Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Countertrey wrote:^^ :puke:

It's a good job I stopped there if that made you puke, all I've got left in terms of Stones songs is Brown Sugar, Let's Spend The Night Together and I Wanna Be Your Man!!!

I didn't like the idea of dropping those in a post....

:shock:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

It's a good job I stopped there if that made you puke, all I've got left in terms of Stones songs is Brown Sugar, Let's Spend The Night Together and I Wanna Be Your Man!!!

I didn't like the idea of dropping those in a post....

:shock:

Actually a Lennon-McCartney song, but it was recorded by the Stones as well as the Beatles.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I can Almost Hear you Sigh... Are you trying to tell me You Had Better Move on?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm

LOL!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Notice how the QB dominos have begun to fall since Rex was taken off the market? :shock:

Oh, and I wouldn't want to give Kazoo his 19th Nervous Breakdown so A Quick One While He's Away.

I Ain't Too Proud to Beg and I Almost Hear You Sigh but has Anybody Seen My Baby? Ever since we made the trade with the Rams she's been galavantin' in my Brand New Car and Can't Be Seen. I've had to consign myself to Champagne and Reefer! I'm Coming Down Again and it's kinda Complicated but I don't mind Confessin' The Blues. That Crazy Mama could be Dancing With Mr. D! We could be coming to each other's Emotional Rescue but instead I'm sittin' here with an Empty Heart just thinkin' about my girl with the Far Away Eyes. Yeah, I'm a Fool to Cry.

But Hold on to Your Hat. I Can't Get No Satisfaction but I'm Alright, I'm Free, and I'm Moving On.

Maybe it's Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) but I'm beginning to stiffen for Griffin. Don't Laugh, I Nearly Died. And you know what else - the dude is just now Learning The Game. When it comes to football he's got a Mean Disposition. Mercy Mercy, this boy is a Midnight Rambler. Might as Well Get Juiced cuz he gonna be da bomb. He gonna throw da bomb. I know some of you have Mixed Emotions but the man is Money. He is My Obsession. He is the Prodigal Son and will make us more than Respectable. He gonna Rip This Joint. He gonna get all our Rocks Off and it gonna be some Rough Justice for the rest of the NFC East! So Shake Your Hips and let's Sing This All Together. Sparks Will Fly when this Street Fighting Man starts to Suck on the Jugular. Surprise, Surprise, this Sweet Black Angel is gonna Take the "A" Train and it's gonna be Terrifying.

That's How Strong My Love Is. RGIII - The Nearness of You has made me forget The Other Side of This Life. Just last week I thought This Place Is Empty but now I know Time Is On My Side. We Love You and Wild Horses couldn't drag us away. :mrgreen:

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm nauseous again... dammit!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 pm

1niksder wrote:Rex should have had 25 pick last season. That would have been 31 turnovers in 13 games #-o

Interestingly, Kyle Orton was right behind Grossman's 4th place INT 5.5% rate with a 5.2% for 5th highest.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:all I've got left in terms of Stones songs is Brown Sugar, Let's Spend The Night Together and I Wanna Be Your Man!!!

Good call, I'm Just Looking For a Friend....

Anyway, Who Are You?

:lol:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:14 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:all I've got left in terms of Stones songs is Brown Sugar, Let's Spend The Night Together and I Wanna Be Your Man!!!

Good call, I'm Just Looking For a Friend....

Anyway, Who Are You?

:lol:

I'm lost, have you just moved on to David Bowie and The Who....????

:hmm:

Cos if so we should be talking about the Redskins Golden Years when we had real Heroes...

My Generation remembers it well, a real Success Story, there was no Substitute...

But We're Not Gonns Take It anymore, next season we'll be back cos The Kids Are Alright.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Anyone else horrified at the thought of Rex coming in for relief if RGIII goes down? Remember the Lions game back in 2010 when Grossman came in to relieve McNabb with 2 minutes left in a game that was still within our grasp? Grossman isn't even a competent QB, let alone a "decent backup". If that means he stands on the sidelines all year with a baseball cap and headphones holding a clipboard, then yes this was a good move.

I also don't think this means the end of Beck. He'll have one more chance come preseason to see who'll get the backup gig (unless of course the Shanny's want to employ a 3 QB set).

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm NOT worried about Grossman

we're going to see a bunch of guys playing QB here the next 5 months

Grossman may win the job as back-up - IF he does, he will be playing with this season's players not the guys that were here last season

NOT THE SAME - we did not have any choice last year - this year we will

You can be sure that this franchise will not be turning the ball over a lot this season - the offense is going to be MUCH better
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm NOT worried about Grossman

You should be. There's a good chance that he could be our "gap' starter for the first couple of weeks if the Shanahan's believe that Griffin is not ready to start.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

3-1 w rex 1/4 through the season... I'd take that most any year
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:3-1 w rex 1/4 through the season... I'd take that most any year

The Skins were 3-1 (no thanks to Grossman, outside of the first Giants game) and the majority of the fans were screaming for him to be benched. What does that tell you?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 am

There's a lot of time to go here and nothing is set as far as who is making the roster OR what the offense will look like

I'm not worrying - the coaches and FO still have a lot of time to get this franchise ready to play

this franchise is going forward and the ONLY way that Grossman is the back up or even plays a bunch is IF he shows that he will NOT turn the ball over - we've been there done that - Grossman could very well be the starting QB or the back-up ... BUT only if he's able to show that he will not be the same QB as last season AND ... if he's able to do well in camp and pre-season

THIS offense is going to have many different players and be a lot better than last season

It's March - what's the point in thinking that the offense is not going to be a whole lot better - where is that coming from?
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football