Rex Grossman agrees to one-year deal with Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:3-1 w rex 1/4 through the season... I'd take that most any year

The Skins were 3-1 (no thanks to Grossman, outside of the first Giants game) and the majority of the fans were screaming for him to be benched. What does that tell you?

He's a good back up qb...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:He's a good back up qb...

A lot of Skins fans keep saying this and I don't see how anyone could reach that conclusion. Remember when we had McNabb? Grossman was our backup and when he came in for relief? Remember the Lions? Or that he finished the last three games at 1-2 after replacing McNabb? A good backup would be someone like the 2007 Todd Collins era. Someone who can be plugged in at any given moment and win games. This is not something that is applicable to Rex Grossman.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

Do have to say... all of this FA and pre-draft action must be making it pretty tough for BH to find a good time to do this...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 am

Countertrey wrote:Do have to say... all of this FA and pre-draft action must be making it pretty tough for BH to find a good time to do this...

Being privy to not one single piece of evidence to support this, my guess is we'll see it happen shortly after London Fletcher signs or around the time of the owner's meeting at the end of month (man, i'd love to be a fly on that wall when Snyder and Jerrah walk into the room for the first time).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:He's a good back up qb...

A lot of Skins fans keep saying this and I don't see how anyone could reach that conclusion. Remember when we had McNabb? Grossman was our backup and when he came in for relief? Remember the Lions? Or that he finished the last three games at 1-2 after replacing McNabb? A good backup would be someone like the 2007 Todd Collins era. Someone who can be plugged in at any given moment and win games. This is not something that is applicable to Rex Grossman.

Key word back up. 1-2 right? Do YOU also remember he put up over three hundred yards in two of those games? We barely lost to the pukes with him making a helluva come back in one of those loses. You also need to take into account it was our first year in the 3-4 with bums like fat al on the roster, our D certainly didnt help him much. Point being he IS a good BACK UP. Not a starter but a cheap vet w time in the system who can get some wins, put up some good numbers, and of course crap the bed and throw 4 picks. Hence the back up title not elite starting franchise qb lol. Who do you want?? Becksy?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Some stats:

Overalll Record 25-22
TD–INT- FUM 56-60-32 (ouch)
QB Rating 71.4

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Getting interesting now. For those that hate Rex and want anyone but him here we go.

In Washington, Johnson could vie with Rex Grossman for No. 2 quarterback duties. Baylor’s Robert Griffin III is expected to be the Redskins’ 2012 starter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... wednesday/

Postby jwmann2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 am

WHy not give him a two year deal? Grossman has played in a Super Bowl, let's not forget.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 am

DarthMonk wrote:Some stats:

Overalll Record 25-22
QB Rating 71.4

DarthMonk

those are horrible numbers for a starter. but a backup who can keep you at right around .500 while he fills in is good and keeps you alive. sure you'd like him to be well above .500 but if he can then he's probably going to be a starter somewhere else.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 am

die cowboys die wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Some stats:

Overalll Record 25-22
QB Rating 71.4

DarthMonk

those are horrible numbers for a starter. but a backup who can keep you at right around .500 while he fills in is good and keeps you alive. sure you'd like him to be well above .500 but if he can then he's probably going to be a starter somewhere else.

Agreed though he really must improve the TD:TO ratio of 56:92.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 am

^ yes, I'm sure he'll get right on that! ROTFALMAO
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 pm

ESPN 980 The Sports Fix: You’re (Santana Moss) a big supporter of Rex Grossman. Are you happy he is back? Do you think he can help Robert Griffin III develop as a player?

“I’m still a big supporter of Rex Grossman. Rex is a guy you can always count on. I think most definitely he can be a great attribute to RGIII. I feel like both of them are RGIII-I and RGIII-2. I just feel like Rex knows this offense well. Rex is a guy that knows this offense. He can go up there and get guys the ball. I’m pretty sure in the film room we are going to be able to show him (RGIII) some things and just be able to help guide him through his rookie season.”

Rex is a guy you can always count on.

I feel like both of them are RGIII-I and RGIII-2.

:shock:

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/0 ... -redskins/

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm NOT worried about Grossman

You should be. There's a good chance that he could be our "gap' starter for the first couple of weeks if the Shanahan's believe that Griffin is not ready to start.

it's a little over 9 weeks and I'm still not worried :wink:

Grossman understands his role and he's going to be fine here ...

as long as we do not need him to start a game as QB here during the regular season

that's a nightmare scenario ....
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:3-1 w rex 1/4 through the season... I'd take that most any year

going 3-1 with Rex as the QB here had little to nothing to do with who was playing (I use that word loosely) QB

we do not need Grossman to be actually involved with playing QB during the season - bank on it

he's purely insurance and he's here to help the other guys - he's not here to screw up the QB position any more

he's proved how bad he can play - hopefully that's all behind us :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Getting interesting now. For those that hate Rex and want anyone but him here we go.

I love Rex! ... I think he'll be a big help to both the coaches and other QBs

I really think that he & the coaches understand his role here ... it does not involve playing QB here unless there's a disaster :lol:

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football