Still No OL Help... Why?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 am

Irn-Bru wrote:You forgot to stick Bell in there, DM.

Did he sign? When?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 am

Notwithstanding my temptation to get into advanced statistics, let me sound outright unsophisticated and blunt:

We need a Right Tackle to replace Brown and a Guard would be great too.

We will be much better off with at least insurance about the injury-prone Brown. He might become a good backup at this stage of his career who can give us a few good games but not a whole season at all.

In an ideal world, I would have wanted to pick a legitimate Left Tackle and move Williams to Right Tackle. But being what it is with so few lower picks left and the unfair cap hit imposed by the NFL, I do not see how that could be accomplished now. :cry:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:You forgot to stick Bell in there, DM.

Did he sign? When?

DarthMonk

:oops: That's the second post I've misread.

I should probably check to make sure that wasn't Irish coffee I had this morning . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 am

Still No OL Help... Why?

.. because we're getting a QB who will run for his life and throw a 50 yard pass to the waiter and get a TD

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 am

DarthMonk wrote:Hey SF33:

This should probably be in a PM but when I posted that yac stat and you told me that list was a year old ... :oops:

I also noticed this isn't the first time we've "butted heads." We're good, right? Let's not stop when we disagree.

Speaking of OL. I can't believe we will stand pat. I would think/hope we'll have 2-4 new guys under 25 by the time we get down to 53. I think this is our current depth chart:
I
LT Williams, McCaskill
LG Licht, Hurt
C Monty, Cook
RG Chester
RT Brown, Smith, Polumbus

I think 4 of these guys were drafted by the 49ers!

Who's in trouble?

DarthMonk

We're good! I hate coming off as a know it all and then being proven that I don't. I still think a 100 min is ridiculous, but I should have noticed it.

I agree with you and RIC on the OL. I can't sew how we can go into the season w/o adding a RT and preferably a LG too. I think Cory L would be a fantastic #6 OL. A backup to all of the interior OL. He should at least be challenged for his starting spot.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

I question this also, but I hold in my heart that Shanahan wants to draft OL -- of course now we don't have a pick until the 3rd to use on an OL.

We 100% need an upgrade at RT and OG (ideally at both OG positions). We also need added depth at Tackle and G. If they don't address this it won't matter who is under center.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 am

markshark84 wrote:I question this also, but I hold in my heart that Shanahan wants to draft OL -- of course now we don't have a pick until the 3rd to use on an OL.

We 100% need an upgrade at RT and OG (ideally at both OG positions). We also need added depth at Tackle and G. If they don't address this it won't matter who is under center.

It is funny, the only thing good that came out of last year's injury riddled season was the fact that our backups got some game time and finished pretty well.

I would live to add Cory L to that group of backups.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

I think that any trust we have in Williams is misplaced. Character issues count.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:19 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:I think that any trust we have in Williams is misplaced. Character issues count.

The Redskins are in a cap bind and Trent Williams can free up $7M in space this year. The Redskins only need to restructure his contract and add a few years to it.

The Redskins would have normally already done this, so someone must have been smoking dope :shock: :)
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:50 am

1niksder wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:I think that any trust we have in Williams is misplaced. Character issues count.

The Redskins are in a cap bind and Trent Williams can free up $7M in space this year. The Redskins only need to restructure his contract and add a few years to it.

The Redskins would have normally already done this, so someone must have been smoking dope :shock: :)

you couldn't have chosen another means of attack? you know how offended Trent and Fred are right now??? :wink:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Why would either be offended? It wasn't Bruce Allen that came back positive X2
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Countertrey wrote:Why would either be offended? It wasn't Bruce Allen that came back positive X2

And both will make more than $5M this season :o
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Based on prior history, by week 5 we'll have 1-2 injuries on our OL.

We'll then be fielding a starting OL equivalent of McCaskill, Hurt, Montgomery, Chester, and Williams....and people will be wondering why our offense is totally inept.....

Based on past history, we have typically had anywhere from 1-4 injuries to our OL per season. Right now we only have 3 true OL starters and 3 quality backups. That means we need 2 quality starters and 1 quality in order to have an adequate line for next year after taking into account potential injuries.

Yet, nothing has been done. And if our FO decides to not address the OL issues, get ready for another 6-10 season....
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:01 pm

markshark84 wrote:Based on prior history, by week 5 we'll have 1-2 injuries on our OL.

We'll then be fielding a starting OL equivalent of McCaskill, Hurt, Montgomery, Chester, and Williams....and people will be wondering why our offense is totally inept.....

Based on past history, we have typically had anywhere from 1-4 injuries to our OL per season. Right now we only have 3 true OL starters and 3 quality backups. That means we need 2 quality starters and 1 quality in order to have an adequate line for next year after taking into account potential injuries.

Yet, nothing has been done. And if our FO decides to not address the OL issues, get ready for another 6-10 season....

Its a great point. Shanahan has certainly used injuries as an excuse for not winning more games last year. If they don't address the lack of depth somehow this season, its a huge mistake.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

I think we sign an under rated offensive line man closer to draft day and.maybe draft a back up in round three unless baylors center is there. This front office is doing more to build this team young and fast then I have ever see
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football