Luck vs. RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which QB would you like to see the skins draft?

Luck
24%
RGIII
76%

Total votes : 59
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 am

Andrew Luck and RG3 are both going to be really good NFL QBs

No matter which QB the Redskins draft, he will end up being the better QB after a few years
we have a franchise that is on the rise - the Colts have a loooong way to go

I really hope we get RG3 .... however .... Andrew Luck would make this franchise better sooner
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am

The winning option was not included in this Poll. The RIGHT answer is:

EITHER.

Voted for Luck, though. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

swine

Postby elprez19 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am

If you didnt catch RG3's pro day, I suggest you check it out and then vote. The guy looks unbelievable and I would take him over luck anyday of the week. It confirmed my man crush on him and cant wait to see him in a skins uniform. I garuntee the guy will win more superbowls than the Mannings. I just hope the Colts arent thinking him instead of Luck now cause that would crush me. Baylors coach said if the skins are lucky enough to draft RG3, itll be the best thing that has ever happen to that franchise. WoW

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:37 am

The thing is that pro days generally don't mean much. Peyton Manning had a horrible pro day. All NFL QBs should be able to make throws without pressure or wearing pads.

That said, if it were my money, franchise, and reputation at stake, I would take Luck.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

markshark84 wrote:Peyton Manning had a horrible pro day. All NFL QBs should be able to make throws without pressure or wearing pads.

So why didn't Peyton?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 am

i want rg3 because he has dreads.. not because of his raw talent, quick speed, and great decision making.

if Luck had the cali surfer hair look, i'd want him instead.. but not because of his raw talent, and great decision making.

:!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 am

Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck. If the question was posed back in December, I wonder if the results would have been the same? I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

I am hyped for RGIII. If I had to make the pick though, I have to admit I would take Luck. He looks physically sturdier to me, so less likely to be injured. And just seems closer to a "sure thing" than RGIII does at this point in time. I'm completely splitting hairs here though and will be happy with either QB.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 am

riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck. If the question was posed back in December, I wonder if the results would have been the same? I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

I am hyped for RGIII. If I had to make the pick though, I have to admit I would take Luck. He looks physically sturdier to me, so less likely to be injured. And just seems closer to a "sure thing" than RGIII does at this point in time. I'm completely splitting hairs here though and will be happy with either QB.

good point riggo.. great situation to be in though.. i'm happy with either one

swine

Postby elprez19 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:22 am

Well if his Pro day for a potential skins franchise QB didnt get you fired up after a blockbuster trade then i dont know what would. The guy reconfirmed his athlectism and big arm. His under center snaps looked great and roll outs were just awesome. The ball just jumps out on passing. The game tape shows pressure and pads, pro days show work from under center and rapport he has with his team mates. The dude is just an all around stud with very high character. Im taking RG3 for my redskins franchise and well see who has the better career.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 am

riggofan wrote:I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

Actually, it was whiff for Griff, and CounterTrey was the originator.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck. If the question was posed back in December, I wonder if the results would have been the same? I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

good point riggo.. great situation to be in though.. i'm happy with either one

No doubt man. I can't help but look around the league at the teams struggling to fill the QB position right now. No one can convince me that three 1st round picks wasn't worth it to not be fighting over Matt Flynn, facing the season with David Garrard as your starter, or bringing in Tim Tebow for competition.

swine

Postby elprez19 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am

Indeed Riggo, this is a win win situation for us finally. This was an awesome move and we are finally getting our qb. Most franchises would love to be in our position right now

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 am

can,t go wrong with either but i,m going with RGIII .

i want this franchise make the right decision .
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 am

gibbsfan wrote:can,t go wrong with either but i,m going with RGIII .

i want this franchise make the right decision .

:!: :idea:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:07 am

Why does it matter who used to be the better QB?

If Luck is going to be a better NFL QB then I'd hope we'd get him

I'm more interested in who is going to be the better NFL QB than who was the better QB in college

both these QBs are going to be very good - RG3 is going to be more exciting

I'm still stiff4griff
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football