Luck vs. RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which QB would you like to see the skins draft?

Luck
24%
RGIII
76%

Total votes : 59
Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 pm

elprez19 wrote:Well if his Pro day for a potential skins franchise QB didnt get you fired up after a blockbuster trade then i dont know what would. The guy reconfirmed his athlectism and big arm. His under center snaps looked great and roll outs were just awesome. The ball just jumps out on passing. The game tape shows pressure and pads, pro days show work from under center and rapport he has with his team mates. The dude is just an all around stud with very high character. Im taking RG3 for my redskins franchise and well see who has the better career.

I'm sure you're right about his. But does anybody doubt that Andrew Luck isn't going to blow people away with his "pro day"?

I think the team where these guys land is going to decide which one has a better career myself. They're both stud QBs, high character guys. The Colts were a really bad 1-15 team last year. I couldn't even tell you who their coach is right now without looking it up.

The Redskins have plenty of flaws, but I think we're better than the Colts and our QB will have a better chance of being successful early.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

Actually, it was whiff for Griff, and CounterTrey was the originator.

September, 2011, OBTW...

I briefly considered "stiff for Griff", but unlike Skins Jock, that's just not how I roll... :twisted:
Last edited by Countertrey on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:24 pm

riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck. If the question was posed back in December, I wonder if the results would have been the same? I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

I am hyped for RGIII. If I had to make the pick though, I have to admit I would take Luck. He looks physically sturdier to me, so less likely to be injured. And just seems closer to a "sure thing" than RGIII does at this point in time. I'm completely splitting hairs here though and will be happy with either QB.

Like was said.. it was "whiff for Griff" and my thread I think it was titled "why suck for luck when we can win for Griffin"

You are right about dates rthough uz it was closer to August/ September when RGiii still had MORE touch down passes then INCOMPLETE passes. We were on the wagon all year and CT and I , amoung others, were rooting for him to get the heisman over luck... He's a more dynamic qb imo and his throws on the run are just remarkable not to mention pinpoint accuracy on the deep ball, oh ya and his amazing speed lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

I love this kid RG3 ... and I think he's going to be an outstanding QB. That said, I'd still take Luck because of his vastly greater experience in a pro style offense and the decision making skills that translate better to starting day 1 in 2012. RG3 may have a greater upside potential, but Luck has less risk.

Just as RG3 was perceived as a running QB that can throw too ... Luck is a passing QB that can run too. He may be slightly behind RG3 in athleticism, but he's a little bigger ... which probably means more durable ... and he's more qualified as a day one starter.

Either guy is a huge upgrade, so there is no "consolation" type situation here. I expect both to be very good, and I'll be happy with either one. AND ... which ever one comes to the Skins ... they will have an edge in being productive early.

Furthermore ... I'd rather be Lucky than good .... but when you are both, that's the ultimate combo :lol:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:I don't remember many "suck for griff" campaigns throughout the 2011 season... :)

September, 2011, OBTW...

I briefly considered "stiff for Griff", but unlike Skins Jock, that's just not how I roll... :twisted:

ROTFALMAO

Daaaaaaaaag SJ, u gotta take it to smack after that one brutha!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

September, 2011, OBTW...

By November there were quite a few members ready to Wiff for Griff if we were the type of fans that would want our team to lose for draft position.

And back then Barkley, Landry and even Tannehill were getting more hype
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

1niksder wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

September, 2011, OBTW...

By November there were quite a few members ready to Wiff for Griff if we were the type of fans that would want our team to lose for draft position.

And back then Barkley, Landry and even Tannehill were getting more hype

True, but by November we couldn't suck enough for Luck. :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

September, 2011, OBTW...

And you say I'm brutal? :whistle:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck.

I think a good deal of the RGIII votes are being made based on the inevitability that the skins are going to draft RGIII.

If we had the #1 pick in the NFL draft, I highly doubt there would be as many people voting for RGIII.

Luck is the hands down #1 pick; however, RGIII looks REALLY good also. As people say, it's a win-win -- but if the choice was there and you had to stake your reputation on it, I believe that most would select Luck.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 pm

markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck.

I think a good deal of the RGIII votes are being made based on the inevitability that the skins are going to draft RGIII.

If we had the #1 pick in the NFL draft, I highly doubt there would be as many people voting for RGIII.

Luck is the hands down #1 pick; however, RGIII looks REALLY good also. As people say, it's a win-win -- but if the choice was there and you had to stake your reputation on it, I believe that most would select Luck.

Not everyone. Merril Hoge would pick Griff.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 pm

markshark84 wrote:

That was kind of my feeling as well. I don't blame Skins fans for voting this way. We've all obsessed over RGIII because Luck didn't seem to be a possibility at all (and probably still isn't).

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:

Not everyone. Merril Hoge would pick Griff.

ROTFALMAO

I'm pretty sure he is saying this to stir the pot. Think about it, if he is right, he looks like a genious, if he is wrong, he has no one to answer to. It's really a win-win for Hodge. I remember when Tebowmania began, Hodge started going off the handle about Tebow -- then subsequently admitting he was INCORRECT. He didn't care, he just wanted to see his name in the press.

Besides, this guy is wrong more often then he is right. Lets just hope his 2012 prediction of RGIII being the best overall QB is more accurate than the majority of his QB predictions over the years -- most notably how he recently stated Newton would be an inevitable bust.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

markshark84 wrote:

I can't speak for CTrey or any other EARLY RGiii supporters... But having started my pro rgiii anti luck thread on October first I can honestly say since I saw him perform.on.live tv.my.mind was made up. Seeing luck loose to.baylors horrid D, the passes and runs Griffin did- and the combo of passing on the run sold.me. I could care less what offenses they run in college no.matter how "pro" it is it isn't. while I certainly can't say with any founded basis who the.more devoted qb is or who has more.potential to be an elite qb I do believe rgiii has all the tangibles to be that guy. Luck? Maybe him too but the drive to be the tiger woods of.football and set the bar higher then ever at the qb position is what I see in Griffin.. not just because he said so.

So yes my friend first pick in hand I would no doubt choose rgiii over luck barkley Jones or any other NCAA qb- as well as most to all NFL qbs for that matter.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:23 pm

. I believe the answer is Mr. [Jim] Irsay feels that Andrew fits best.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-pro-day/

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm

markshark84 wrote:

I disagree, at least that's not why I voted for him. The question was who would you pick if you were the SKINS? My answer was RG3 for a number of reasons. He's just a much better fit here. Better fit for Shanny's offense, Military background, more athletic, better accuracy on the run, much better with the media (which in this city is huge), his personality (which is huge in recruiting new fans because a very large fan base just lost a decades worth), his moxy, his loyalty to his school (he takes such pride in getting Baylor to relevancy), and his smarts.

If the question was who for the Colts, I would have said Luck. He's such a better fit there as well.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football