Luck vs. RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which QB would you like to see the skins draft?

Luck
24%
RGIII
76%

Total votes : 59
**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Draft

Postby rskin72 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Heck, I am just happy that conversation this off-season is not revolving around paying a Defensive lineman 100 mil.....50 mil guarenteed.....or trying to figure out who the heck our head coach will be, after naming our offensive coordinator. Few folks are really down on our trade to get #2 pick.....most are saying that they understand the move, appreciate the gamble with the two players involved, and will wait to see results in a couple of years.

Also nice to read of other teams making questionable moves....like Tebow to the Jets.....Bills paying 100+ mil to a Defensive end/LB cross like he is the missing link to a SB party (shades of Fat Albert here, maybe?).

Also, think that mock draft posted is wrong as I think Irsay is sold on Luck. Guess time will tell....biting my nails until Draft Day....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:39 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Mock draft...
RG3 goes to the....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e/related/

Everywhere I look people are predicting RG3 will go to Colts. Anything solid out there about Colts taking Luck that's recent?

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Mock draft...
RG3 goes to the....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e/related/

Everywhere I look people are predicting RG3 will go to Colts. Anything solid out there about Colts taking Luck that's recent?

I would say Polians quote is the strongest indication that the Colts aren't drafting anyone but Luck
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 am

As far as the baby horseys I'd say luck is the front runner. He can come in with out any change to how they run their (depleted) offense and in their mind its less of a gamble. It's known he played in a "pro" style O and is athletic can read defenses etc etc... The gamble with rgiii and little painter (lol) on the bench is not something they can afford to make. Ya rgiii has the it factor and I personally prefer him but to think old man irsay is gonna change his ways after a hiesman faster 40 and a great pro day is insanity. He got rid of a hof qb for.luck not rgiii.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:01 am

markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck.

I think a good deal of the RGIII votes are being made based on the inevitability that the skins are going to draft RGIII.

If we had the #1 pick in the NFL draft, I highly doubt there would be as many people voting for RGIII.

Luck is the hands down #1 pick; however, RGIII looks REALLY good also. As people say, it's a win-win -- but if the choice was there and you had to stake your reputation on it, I believe that most would select Luck.

Then take a look at the "I want the Colts to pick ..." thread.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Wow I am really blown away by how many people would rather draft RGIII over Luck.

I think a good deal of the RGIII votes are being made based on the inevitability that the skins are going to draft RGIII.

If we had the #1 pick in the NFL draft, I highly doubt there would be as many people voting for RGIII.

Luck is the hands down #1 pick; however, RGIII looks REALLY good also. As people say, it's a win-win -- but if the choice was there and you had to stake your reputation on it, I believe that most would select Luck.

I can't speak for CTrey or any other EARLY RGiii supporters... But having started my pro rgiii anti luck thread on October first I can honestly say since I saw him perform.on.live tv.my.mind was made up. Seeing luck loose to.baylors horrid D, the passes and runs Griffin did- and the combo of passing on the run sold.me. I could care less what offenses they run in college no.matter how "pro" it is it isn't. while I certainly can't say with any founded basis who the.more devoted qb is or who has more.potential to be an elite qb I do believe rgiii has all the tangibles to be that guy. Luck? Maybe him too but the drive to be the tiger woods of.football and set the bar higher then ever at the qb position is what I see in Griffin.. not just because he said so.

So yes my friend first pick in hand I would no doubt choose rgiii over luck barkley Jones or any other NCAA qb- as well as most to all NFL qbs for that matter.

+1 maibrutha. +1

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 am

i think that what's happened is that it's been a presumed lock since halfway through the football season that Luck was going to Indy and no one else was going to have any chance to get him. so it's kind of like being in love but the girl gets engaged to someone else. after a while you get over it and you start looking at the "other fish in the sea" and you fall in love again with someone else; someone you can actually have.

i think most of us have sort of "gotten over" Luck because we we were sure we had to, and "fallen for" RGIII, who we were able to legitimately dream about watching play for our team throughout the rest of the season after Luck's destination become a near certainty.

so we would feel strange about losing the one we're in love with now and having to try and reignite the feelings we used to have for that first gal who ended up getting stood up at the altar by that other guy.

BUT, i'm sure we'd get over it VERY quickly once we remembered that Luck is supposedly still the the highest rated QB prospect since Elway.

with EITHER of these guys, we not only could but in fact seem [/i]likely[/i] to end up with a guy who will eventually be one of the best QBs in the league. i can't frickin' WAIT!!! we've earned this, waiting through so many years of lousy QB play!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

^+1
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Even Dallas Cowboys fans will have to love this kid!

and it will eat them up....

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Remember in the movie Moneyball when they implied that an ugly girlfriend meant a player lacked confidence? Well get a load of his fiance at 1:27. Especially the um... top half.

He must be loaded with confidence
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 pm

^ I was thinking something... ummm... similar...

yeah... that's it... similar.

Postby redskinsflow » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:06 pm

RGIII would be phenomenal for our offense hes our guy!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Remember in the movie Moneyball when they implied that an ugly girlfriend meant a player lacked confidence? Well get a load of his fiance at 1:27. Especially the um... top half.

He must be loaded with confidence

2 things come to mind.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football