Luck vs. RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which QB would you like to see the skins draft?

Luck
14
24%
RGIII
45
76%
 
Total votes : 59
the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14250
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:19 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:no worries JSPB - most here will get it sooner or later :wink:

this FO has put together a trade that is going to ensure the future of this franchise has a great QB for years to come

Snyder has stayed away from anything to do with the FO's decisions and will continue to do so - ESPECIALLY NOW

Snyder will continue to be a YES MAN for this FO, and why not? - they just pulled off a major deal and this franchise's future is VERY bright

I am not a Snyder fan at all but you know that he sees that as long as he doesn't get involved AT ALL, the franchise has a chance to be great

THIS FRANCHISE WITH BRUCE & MIKE IN CHARGE IS BOUND FOR GLORY


HTTR



I BELIEVE!!!


:celebrate:

^ Yes... but can you spell? :moon:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 am

Countertrey wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:no worries JSPB - most here will get it sooner or later :wink:

this FO has put together a trade that is going to ensure the future of this franchise has a great QB for years to come

Snyder has stayed away from anything to do with the FO's decisions and will continue to do so - ESPECIALLY NOW

Snyder will continue to be a YES MAN for this FO, and why not? - they just pulled off a major deal and this franchise's future is VERY bright

I am not a Snyder fan at all but you know that he sees that as long as he doesn't get involved AT ALL, the franchise has a chance to be great

THIS FRANCHISE WITH BRUCE & MIKE IN CHARGE IS BOUND FOR GLORY


HTTR



I BELIEVE!!!


:celebrate:

^ Yes... but can you spell? :moon:


Yes... Yes I can.

Didn't think you lot SPELT (I know, but that's how it's done) believe differently as well...?!?!?

How strange...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15750
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I BELIEVE!!!


:celebrate:

^ Yes... but can you spell? :moon:


Yes... Yes I can.

Didn't think you lot SPELT (I know, but that's how it's done) believe differently as well...?!?!?

How strange...

He was talking about "I," not "believe." :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:39 am

Deadskins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I BELIEVE!!!


:celebrate:

^ Yes... but can you spell? :moon:


Yes... Yes I can.

Didn't think you lot SPELT (I know, but that's how it's done) believe differently as well...?!?!?

How strange...

He was talking about "I," not "believe." :roll:


Oh, I spelt 'I' incorrectly. Sorry....

#-o
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14250
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

LOL
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am

I live in DC. And, the city is already energized about RG3. I think it's safe to say that there would be some dissapointment here if we wind up with Luck. If someone said that 6 months ago, you'd call them a liar.

What a difference a year makes. But, keep in mind, there's nothing happening but media speculation right now. The media does this every year before the draft. They throw stories out there that are totally wrong.

Last year, people were saying that Cam Newton could fall to the mid-late first round. There were people who thought Jake Locker wouldn't even go round 1.

Andrew Luck is going to be the #1 pick. He's scheduled to visit Indy while RG3 isn't. The Colts have nothing to gain by playing coy with this pick. They have the #1 pick and just got rid of Peyton Manning. They are taking a QB, and I doubt they are going to give up the chance to draft Luck. The general consensus among NFL scouts is that Luck has the higher floor, and RG3 has the higher ceiling. If you're the GM of the Colts, you don't start your tenure by passing on Luck. Bruce Arians is the OC there, and coming from Pittsburgh, you'd think that Luck fits more of what he's going to try to do.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 pm

The Hogster wrote:I live in DC. And, the city is already energized about RG3. I think it's safe to say that there would be some dissapointment here if we wind up with Luck. If someone said that 6 months ago, you'd call them a liar.

What a difference a year makes. But, keep in mind, there's nothing happening but media speculation right now. The media does this every year before the draft. They throw stories out there that are totally wrong.

Last year, people were saying that Cam Newton could fall to the mid-late first round. There were people who thought Jake Locker wouldn't even go round 1.

Andrew Luck is going to be the #1 pick. He's scheduled to visit Indy while RG3 isn't. The Colts have nothing to gain by playing coy with this pick. They have the #1 pick and just got rid of Peyton Manning. They are taking a QB, and I doubt they are going to give up the chance to draft Luck. The general consensus among NFL scouts is that Luck has the higher floor, and RG3 has the higher ceiling. If you're the GM of the Colts, you don't start your tenure by passing on Luck. Bruce Arians is the OC there, and coming from Pittsburgh, you'd think that Luck fits more of what he's going to try to do.



Can't argue with any of that.

At the end of the day free agency has gone quiet, the draft is still basically a month away and they have to fill their pages with something.

Good Luck to the Colts and good Griff to the Redskins!

:)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6285
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Good Luck to the Colts and good Griff to the Redskins!

:)


:lol: Witty!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:What's the point then? No one will come here agents are turned off to Snyder? Wrong.
We r also known to pay players... And the turn around? Granted Snyder is no football mind but its crystal clear his.one desire. To restore a winning team to dc. While many.mistakes were.made he has tried to rectify his doings w quality management who have cleaned house. Ms may or may not be here in three years but the change has. We lack a qb not an o line... Rgiii (or Luck) will improve the oline instantly and I assure you players will be once again attracted to dc.. like Garçon, Meriwheather, Morgan, and... Oh wait those are players who signed with US despite being persued by others (the browns).. maybe players like the Danny? If afterall he made all those signings I like him too. Lmfao we don't know his involvement nor the lack of. We do see better signings in free agency every year and better draft moves/ choices, dc is warming up at the very.least. facts? like any opinion on a board is a fact? Or hear say no matter if it be first or second hand is? Come on now, lighten up will ya?


No. I never questioned Danny's desire. That is clear.

I disagree that we lack an OL. We lack depth and 2 quality starters. An OL is only as good as it's weakest member. A good QB does make an OL better, but this QB is a rookie who will need time to adjust to the speed of the game. Remember Peyton even threw 28 INTs in his first season.

The skins contract offer was Garcon's best offer. As someone said, money talks. This, however, is irrelevant to my prior discussions since monetary contracts aren't at issue because we were looking at rookie QBs whose salaries are really negotiable. Oh, and the Browns is a proven graveyard for WRs.

As far as Danny's involvement, my prior posts were from people with first hand knowledge, so I would put that more in the "know" category than the "we don't know" one.

But you are correct, I do need to lighten up. I do believe I am being too critical. However, I will continue to be upset until we address our OL.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4035
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:12 pm

markshark84 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:What's the point then? No one will come here agents are turned off to Snyder? Wrong.
We r also known to pay players... And the turn around? Granted Snyder is no football mind but its crystal clear his.one desire. To restore a winning team to dc. While many.mistakes were.made he has tried to rectify his doings w quality management who have cleaned house. Ms may or may not be here in three years but the change has. We lack a qb not an o line... Rgiii (or Luck) will improve the oline instantly and I assure you players will be once again attracted to dc.. like Garçon, Meriwheather, Morgan, and... Oh wait those are players who signed with US despite being persued by others (the browns).. maybe players like the Danny? If afterall he made all those signings I like him too. Lmfao we don't know his involvement nor the lack of. We do see better signings in free agency every year and better draft moves/ choices, dc is warming up at the very.least. facts? like any opinion on a board is a fact? Or hear say no matter if it be first or second hand is? Come on now, lighten up will ya?


No. I never questioned Danny's desire. That is clear.

I disagree that we lack an OL. We lack depth and 2 quality starters. An OL is only as good as it's weakest member. A good QB does make an OL better, but this QB is a rookie who will need time to adjust to the speed of the game. Remember Peyton even threw 28 INTs in his first season.

The skins contract offer was Garcon's best offer. As someone said, money talks. This, however, is irrelevant to my prior discussions since monetary contracts aren't at issue because we were looking at rookie QBs whose salaries are really negotiable. Oh, and the Browns is a proven graveyard for WRs.

As far as Danny's involvement, my prior posts were from people with first hand knowledge, so I would put that more in the "know" category than the "we don't know" one.

But you are correct, I do need to lighten up. I do believe I am being too critical. However, I will continue to be upset until we address our OL.


Cool man... And I hear ya on all your points I just think you are exaggerating a good bit to remain unhappy w Snyder and what we are becoming.

As far as the o line goes I'm in the minority here, but I don't think we are far off at all. I think Trent displayed moments of greatness *see puke game shutting down one of the best pass rushers in the league, and everyone else made strides as starters baring all the injuries. Chester I think will improve this season as well as Brown and Cory so long as they get and stay healthy. All of our back ups settled down into a pretty good bunch. If you look at it realistically we had a great run game the last quarter of the year w nearly all back ups. Cook - although a unm alumni- being the weakest link. Every team can use better oline play or can't afford everyone they have. With a mobile qb that makes faster decisions is aware of Pocket pressure and when it collapses who has the speed and agility to extend the play our oline will be much much better then last year. It's a given.statues in the backfield will hurt the olines performance- not because they are awful but because the qb is. If all we do is add a guard and a back up we did a lot. I for one am fine w what we have but wouldn't mind the Baylor center if he is available.
Rant off
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

This article is dated 23 February, so someone may have posted it on our boards around then. I had not heard that Jim tried to recruit RGIII to Stanford.

Jim Harbaugh's take on RGIII

Harbaugh not only has extensive personal experience with Luck, the biggest headline name in this year's draft, he can even knowledgeably opine about the second-biggest name: Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, the Heisman winner who Harbaugh recruited but didn't land on behalf of Stanford. Harbaugh isn't quite as effusive about RG3, but it's close.

"I know a lot about Robert,'' Harbaugh said. "Robert was a 4.0 student, great parents, came from a great home, and he's had great success at Baylor. Past performance usually indicates future success and he's had nothing but a history of success. So you would predict great achievements in the future.

"I was really fond of Robert through the recruiting process and he made that decision. He makes good decisions, he makes cool decisions. He's very conscientious in everything he does, and I respected his decision and wished him well.''


Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1qoPSbHoK

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football