Why not Do it Again....WRs.. Who stays - Who goes?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:12 pm

14. Anthony Armstrong was fielding kickoffs today (after Brandon Banks).

I think Armstrong needs this to make the team. I think that he will do well here.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins- ... le/2503801

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm

I don't see us cutting 'Tanna.. he's having a great camp and has those vet moves and vet knowledge that the youngsters don't.

I like the remarks about BBs footwork off the line in particular not getting jammed like some of the others.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I don't see us cutting 'Tanna.. he's having a great camp and has those vet moves and vet knowledge that the youngsters don't.

I like the remarks about BBs footwork off the line in particular not getting jammed like some of the others.

Yes, it is going to be a tough call for that 6th position.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I don't see us cutting 'Tanna.. he's having a great camp and has those vet moves and vet knowledge that the youngsters don't.

It depends which Shanny makes the decision.

If COACH Shanny decides then he will think we have a chance to make noise THIS year and he will keep Moss.

If GM Shanny decides he MIGHT let Moss go since Moss is not a long term guy anymore.

Are any of the others close to Moss in age?

I'm guessing COACH Shanny will win this one.

DartMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 am

I think even gm Shabby knows the fan appeal and more importantly wisdom to teach the younger guys, is more valuable then his cap hit.
PLUS having a pumped up Moss for RGiiis rookie season will help build his confidence. Moss has the ability to get open and make plays still, something Rgiii needs.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:01 pm

I disagree with this -->

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I think even gm Shabby knows the fan appeal and more importantly wisdom to teach the younger guys, is more valuable then his cap hit.

The GM in him wouldn't give a crap.

OTOH I almost added this to my original post -->

cowboykillerzRED wrote:PLUS having a pumped up Moss for RGiiis rookie season will help build his confidence. Moss has the ability to get open and make plays still, something Rgiii needs.

I agree.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Lol.. figured if I threw enough out there something would stick.. id surely take Moss over Randel El to help the young bucks w route running and Defense reading tho. Hope he retires a skin then joins the staff.. or flops in Oakland or Pitti THEN joins the staff lmao

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
14. Anthony Armstrong was fielding kickoffs today (after Brandon Banks).

I think Armstrong needs this to make the team. I think that he will do well here.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins- ... le/2503801

Will update when I see one
@TarikElBashir
#Redskins WR Armstrong has been getting his right shoulder worked on for several minutes after going down awkwardly.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Last thing he needs.. hope its just a stinger I like AAA for the deep ball he flashed some good hands w mcnugget... Sorry I brought HIM up

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:07 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Last thing he needs.. hope its just a stinger I like AAA for the deep ball he flashed some good hands w mcnugget... Sorry I brought HIM up

Anthony Armstrong injured the AC joint in his right shoulder attempting to make a catch at the sideline. Armstrong will have an x-ray to be sure his collar bone is OK.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Last thing he needs.. hope its just a stinger I like AAA for the deep ball he flashed some good hands w mcnugget... Sorry I brought HIM up

Anthony Armstrong is a one route wonder.....9 - routes is all he can excel at. he's a poor mans Alvin Harper who was a poor mans Charlie joiner. when he's in the game, it's telegraphing what they want to do.

and....that was a couple of seasons ago and he's gotta be about 30 yrs old now. he doesn't bring much to the table, even if he made the team.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

He isn't a big loss in fact I hoped he was the trade rumor for Oakland.. he is an NFL pro no matter how valuable he is to any certain team. He had a great rookie season, and followed w a horrible season. One might conclude he was a flash in the pan, but when knowing he had mcnugget as his first qb then the turn over machine... It's impossible to assess him as a wideout.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Hope he has a speedy recovrry, especially if he is the coaches favorite @ #5

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Sixth Receiver Competition Update:

On Banks' 80 Yd TD:
Banks, on the long touchdown against Jackson, lined up wide left and released inside of CB Kevin Barnes. Barnes didn’t slow Banks or redirect him enough to prevent him from getting to full speed as he sprinted past Jackson. Barnes put his safety in a tough spot.

Austin is giving Banks a run for him money:
WR Terrence Austin used his body to box out rookie CB Richard Crawford on a completion to the right sideline. Austin is having a strong camp, so far. He’s better at recognizing coverages and leveraging his routes against corners – all important elements of playing in the slot. Plus, he has quick feet to get in and out of breaks with some explosiveness. He’s good enough to help some NFL team, if not the Redskins.

Aldrick! Aldrick! Aldrick! Do you want to make this team?
WR Aldrick Robinson dropped a QB Kirk Cousins pass that hit him in the chest, and it popped up in the air for FS Madieu Williams to intercept. Robinson entered camp as a bit of a sleeper to make the 53-man roster, but other receivers are flashing more often.

Earlier in the thread, is mentioned Amrstrong suffering a shoulder injury. Waiting for the X-rays.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... report-82/

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 am

1niksder wrote:

Anthony Armstrong injured the AC joint in his right shoulder attempting to make a catch at the sideline. Armstrong will have an x-ray to be sure his collar bone is OK.

@davidelfin
WR Anthony Armstrong unsure when he'll be back from sprained shoulder, which he termed "nothing serious." Will miss playing golf.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football