Why not Do it Again....WRs.. Who stays - Who goes?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:22 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I agree with Tandler. People need to stop being biased against Banks because he got stabbed and he's small. He's going to prove yet again that he's one of the best returners in the game.

LOL. I don't if I'm biased towards him because he's small and has been stabbed! :) But yeah I am a little surprised that so many are guessing he will make the team this year. I thought he was kind of a non-factor last year.

I wouldn't say he was a non factor. He has several long returns and had punters pointing short out of bounds a long. I thought the blocking units were terrible.

Plus he has a reverse fora td that got called back on a bs holding call.

Good points, Skinsfan! Here's more:
That Banks TD pass may not have factored into a win, but not only was it an awesome call used at the right time, that play doesn't happen if Banks is a nonfactor. Teams respect what Banks can do and Shanny is finding ways to exploit Banks' talent.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I agree with Tandler. People need to stop being biased against Banks because he got stabbed and he's small. He's going to prove yet again that he's one of the best returners in the game.

LOL. I don't if I'm biased towards him because he's small and has been stabbed! :) But yeah I am a little surprised that so many are guessing he will make the team this year. I thought he was kind of a non-factor last year.

I wouldn't day he was a non factor. He has several long returns and had punters pointing short out of bounds a long. I thought the blocking units were terrible.

I agree. He did change the way teams punted and kicked to us. He wasn't fully fit I don't think and the blocking left a lot to be desired.

And that return for a TD was great, the holding call wasn't.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat May 26, 2012 4:28 pm

If we could stop getting the damn holding calls BBs stock will go up instantly. Bank on it
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:If we could stop getting the damn holding calls BBs stock will go up instantly. Bank on it

I'm with you!

I count three TDs called back.

KO return - Detroit 2010
Punt Return - Minnesota 2010
Reverse - Minnesota 2011

They may not count on the scoreboard, but they count in the eyes of Shanny.
Until another player with his explosiveness is signed, he stays.

Expect him to get more involved in the offense this year.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:00 pm

For those who think that Brandon Banks is too small to play WR extensively, check out Alfred Jenkins stats.

For those who remember Jenkins, you know he was really 5'7" and weighed in the 140seven though they listed him as taller and heavier. For his first the three years of Jenkins career the bump and run was still legal.

My point - Banks' size is not what has kept him out of the line up. Shanny clearly said that it was Banks' knee injury. Making cuts risked injuring his knee further.

The willowy Alfred Jenkins, All-Pro wide receiver with a team-leading 57 catches for 1,025 yards last season, comes in at a modest 5'9"—but weighs just 155 pounds, four fewer than Reggie Smith. He also has a 28-inch waist in a world where people have wrists at least that big around.

Alfred's career stats below:

1975 - 1983
360 REC 6,267 YRDS 17.4AVG 73 Long 40 TDS

http://www.nfl.com/player/alfredjenkins/2517478/profile
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun May 27, 2012 10:31 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I wouldn't day he was a non factor. He has several long returns and had punters pointing short out of bounds a long. I thought the blocking units were terrible.

+1

He's had at least 3 TDs called back. That's a lot. Our Teams units have struggled. He is an excellent return guy. For a fanbase that dealt with Antwan Randle Just Fell before him, we sure are short sighted and picky.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

+1

He's had at least 3 TDs called back. That's a lot. Our Teams units have struggled. He is an excellent return guy. For a fanbase that dealt with Antwan Randle Just Fell before him, we sure are short sighted and picky.

From the well-named Banks Being Robbed thread:

crazyhorse1 wrote:I, for one, am sick of Banks being robbed of long runbacks by clipping penalties of his teammates. He must lead the league in being deprived of yardage. Why doesn't Shanny read the riot act? Or does he? I'm for benching the next guy that does it. There should be the realization that Banks is too important a weapon to be dismantled by flags.

On the subject of flags. Shanny should complain to the league about officials not calling holding penalties when teams tackle Orakpo. He should also go to the press. This manning up business and not whinning is for the birds. It's Orakpo's neck taking shots, not Shanny's.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 am

The Hogster wrote:+1

I'd have to agree with this.

His only downfall is that he can't really contribute on a consistent basis at WR. Although, he threw the only TD pass to a WR running into the endzone all year.... #shrug

The only problem with him coming in at WR, you'd have to use him often as to not tip your hand when he steps on the field. He's going to attract too much attention to be effective if he's on the field once every 6 games.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby yupchagee » Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I wouldn't say he was a non factor. He has several long returns and had punters pointing short out of bounds a long. I thought the blocking units were terrible.

That Banks TD pass may not have factored into a win, but not only was it an awesome call used at the right time, that play doesn't happen if Banks is a nonfactor. Teams respect what Banks can do and Shanny is finding ways to exploit Banks' talent.

Since he had the highest passer rating on the team last yr, maybe we should try him at QB :?:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

yupchagee wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Since he had the highest passer rating on the team last yr, maybe we should try him at QB :?:

That might be a good idea, but I heard rumors that OMG is getting a look at back up QB. :wink:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 pm

yupchagee wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Yeah, sit that RGIII guy down, and start Banks. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 pm

I can't stand Banks.

Wake me up when he does something.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 am

I can't stand banks either. I prefer credit unions.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 am

Deadskins wrote:I can't stand banks either. I prefer credit unions.

+1!
Perfect comeback! Nicely done sir.. I was gonna post a roll my eyes smiley face smh etc etc, then u go and make a funny lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Santana Moss "flashed" during last week's full-squad drills, "consistently getting separation over the middle on short and intermediate routes," according to the Washington Times.
Beat writer Rich Campbell notes that Moss looked like "the Santana of old with his quick-burst movements." Campbell adds the caveat that it was only practice, but Moss is starting to look like not only a good bet to make the final roster but to start over Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan opposite Pierre Garcon. May 30 - 12:19 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/867/santana-moss

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football