RG3 2DC......oh yeah

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yup. But, I sure wouldn't mind a fullback named Tebow...

:up:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Yup. But, I sure wouldn't mind a fullback named Tebow...

:up:

I agree with the two of you. I would love to have Tebow at fullback too. Why would Tebow make an excellent fullback? Because when it comes to football, he has "IT."

He make lack the skills for QB, which CT said earlier, but for the game, itself, he has "IT," which is what I read CT saying. Isn't "IT" a mental thing? A will to win - the only thing!

The Will to Win! - We're talkin' RGIII! RGIII 2 DC!!!!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am

Griffin tells Colts “no” to private workout

OK, where’s my popcorn?

As the Colts prepare to put Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck through a private workout, the other potential first overall pick in the draft has declined an invitation to do the same thing.

Colts owner Jim Irsay says via Twitter that Robert Griffin III has declined an invitation to do the same.

Irsay blames the decision on Griffin’s agent, Ben Dogra.

More to come.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:01 am

I've come across a couple reports (I think one was from Rich Tandler's blog) saying that Griffin made the decision not to do ANY private workouts to force teams to come to his pro day in order to provide a showcase for all of his former teammates to get a look from as many scouts as possible.

Also, given that his Pro Day went so well for him, not sure why he'd want to do any private work outs beyond that.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 am

emoses14 wrote:I've come across a couple reports (I think one was from Rich Tandler's blog) saying that Griffin made the decision not to do ANY private workouts to force teams to come to his pro day in order to provide a showcase for all of his former teammates to get a look from as many scouts as possible.

Also, given that his Pro Day went so well for him, not sure why he'd want to do any private work outs beyond that.

He let everyone know he wasn't doing PW before the pro day.....

Irsay hasn't been in the news lately so he had to say something
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I believe that the only way the Colts would take RGIII is if they were developing an offense specifically for him, but with the report that Arians, the OC for the Colts, wants Leftwich for a back up, that pretty much concludes that there will be no new, special designed, offense for the Colts. Not saying that RGIII could not be a star in the offense, but we are talking about Irsay having to change his mind on Luck for RGIII. Why would that make sense for Arian's offense? Luck is a perfect fit for Arian O.

RGIII 2 DC!

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians wants the team to sign Byron Leftwich as a backup quarterback/tutor for Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III. Leftwich spent three years playing for Arians with the Steelers, who have expressed interest in keeping Leftwich around as Ben Roethlisberger’s backup.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -leftwich/

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Red_One43 wrote:I believe that the only way the Colts would take RGIII is if they were developing an offense specifically for him, but with the report that Arians, the OC for the Colts, wants Leftwich for a back up, that pretty much concludes that there will be no new, special designed, offense for the Colts. Not saying that RGIII could not be a star in the offense, but we are talking about Irsay having to change his mind on Luck for RGIII. Why would that make sense for Arian's offense? Luck is a perfect fit for Arian O.

RGIII 2 DC!

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians wants the team to sign Byron Leftwich as a backup quarterback/tutor for Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III. Leftwich spent three years playing for Arians with the Steelers, who have expressed interest in keeping Leftwich around as Ben Roethlisberger’s backup.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -leftwich/

Keep in mind, the head coach of Indianapolis is Chuck Pagano. Pagano was the DC of the Ravens... Defensive minded coaches tend to like traditional, ball control types of offenses, because they result in less pressure on the Defense by reducing the amount of time the D is on the field. They also like to know that they can go into complete ball control mode in the 4th quarter. While both Luck and RGIII are perfectly capable of operating in this mode, it would really be a waste of RGIII's explosiveness.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:51 pm

^ Another good point incdicating that the Colts will take Luck.

Here's the score.

Luck is traditional QB w/ very good athleticism fits Colts scheme
HC that favors ball control type of offenses (Traditional)
OC that favors a big QB in the traditional mold (Big Ben, Leftwich)
RGIII won't give them a private work out

The Clincher - Irsay has wanted Luck all along, but loves to cook up drama where there is none. Remember the Peyton Manning handling. At the point, everyone knew that Peyton was gone, Irsay was still miking it.

No way the Colts take RGIII.
No mystery here.

RGIII 2 DC!!!

piglet

Postby RG3 Fan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am

Wouldn't you hate to be Luck going to a team that has an owner who strings you along and acts as if he hasn't decided yet.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Luck knows the deal. I doubt he is having any distress. He'd probably prefer to be with the 'skins, as well... but, if not, he's the #1 pick. The sum total difference in the contract is going to be about 1Million over the course... I doubt he sees it as a big deal... The quarterback in DC gets the bonus of being in a larger market, with more lucrative marketing value... but, both are going to get all the endorsement offers they can handle. In many cases... that's worth a lot more than the contract with the team...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Former Heisman Winner Ty Detmer Compares RGIII to Vick:
No Surprise here - RGIII way ahead of Vick when Vick was coming out of Va Tech.

Why Detmer? Because he played in a pass-heavy (albeit more of a pro-style attack) at BYU and won the Heisman. Plus he played with Michael Vick in Atlanta. Add it up: More RG3. I'm guessing you're not disappointed (this is where I offer the disclaimer that anything can still happen and maybe, in a grand upset, the Colts choose him). Anyway, back to the RG3 love-in.

Detmer compared him to Vick, whom he played with for two seasons.

“Mike wasn’t great at anticipating throws and reading the defenses where Robert threw for a ton of yards and he is more polished as a passer than Vick was coming out for sure," said Detmer, a high school coach in Texas who saw Griffin play several times. "He was making reads down the field and cutting it loose on time and in rhythm. As a passer he’s much further along than a guy like Vick was coming out of Tech.”

Detmer also echoed what others have said: Griffin's presence (and Andrew Luck for that matter) will help in the run game. He'll also face a more reserved rush than other quarterbacks. What about the transition to taking snaps from under center rather than shotgun? Not a big deal Detmer said.

Besides, he said, "It helps you make quicker reads."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... ate/448791

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Terry Shea - QB Trainer on RGIII who he is preparing for the NFL Draft.

At times Robert Griffin III seems to good to be true. He's talented; he's smart; he's a great worker; he's charismatic. The kid sounds, well, perfect.

"At times I would concur with you," said Terry Shea, a former NFL quarterbacks coach and college head coach who spent nine weeks training Griffin this offseason. "After you’ve been with somebody for a while you say I’ll see how he reacts when he’s around another element of people. Well, he’s the same guy. He’s so engaging and he embraces people like he does you can’t help but say I’ll follow this guy forever if you’re one of his teammates."

Shea knows what a quarterback must do to play in the NFL. Though he spent the bulk of his career coaching in college, starting in 1968 at Oregon, he worked for four different NFL teams as a quarterbacks coach from 2001-08. Now he gets them ready for the draft.

In the past three years Shea has tutored Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Blaine Gabbert and Josh Freeman -- all first-round picks. So he has an idea of what works. And he says Griffin compares favorably to Bradford (in terms of accuracy) and Stafford (quick release/velocity).

But, in my Friday email report, Shea said there were two things that stood out to him about Griffin.

"No. 1 is the way he brings such an upbeat demeanor to every time he steps on the practice field. It’s infectious," Shea said. "And No. 2 is the fact that he’s such an explosive athlete he can do just about anything you ask him to do, whether it’s setting that back foot to throw or [throwing] on the run."

Shea also discussed Griffin's work ethic, concerns over his durability and what they worked on during their time together. Hint: he's a big fan.

And it seems Griffin knows where he'll be headed. Really, it's not much of a secret at this point.

"I think he’s really excited to be a Washington Redskin," Shea said. "I know Robert would look forward to being [first overall] and I know his goal when we first met was to be the No. 1 draft pick. If anyone deserves it he does. But in this case maybe it’s not meant to happen

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... hip/421141

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Re: RG3 2DC......oh yeah

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am

tribeofjudah wrote:NOW...that's a Big Fan of RG3. Will there be more? You Bet...!!!

http://www.realredskins.com/

Well, this fan GOT IT RIGHT....!!! He's our MAN now....!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football