Redskins/Cowboys file grievance against NFL

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm just concerned that now that Snyder and Jones have filed this grievance. Some "phantom" new evidence into bounties here in DC will be discovered and the investigation will re-open.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, thats all Im saying

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 pm

jmooney wrote:I'm just concerned that now that Snyder and Jones have filed this grievance. Some "phantom" new evidence into bounties here in DC will be discovered and the investigation will re-open.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, thats all Im saying

And, as I suggested, it's likely that Snyder would then say, "screw the arbitration... I'll see you in court... you coming, Jerruh?". This would risks the NFL's antitrust exemption, and result in the salary cap disappearing. Who win's then?

The NFL will NOT permit this investigation to implicate the Redskins. It would be suicidal, especially considering how weak the league's case in the salary cap issue is going to be.

But, there's no point in worrying about it... the league is going to do what the league is going to do. The primary difference between the league screwing with Al Davis, and the league screwing with Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones is, the latter two have a WHOLE LOT MORE MONEY to throw at a court case.
Last edited by Countertrey on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Hope youre right CT. I just want our cap space back and all this garbage to go away.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:29 pm

I want our cap space back, and reparations for the damage done by our inability to negotiate for any number of now unavailable players... but, I suspect Snyder will be more like you... and love having a full 32 million additional to play with

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

I want some justice now more than ever, with Mara doing that ridiculous posturing. He almost makes me hate the Giants just a little more than that team in TX . . . . almost. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, they have certainly moved in front of Philthy for the next 2 years. In my book anyway

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I want some justice now more than ever, with Mara doing that ridiculous posturing. He almost makes me hate the Giants just a little more than that team in TX . . . . almost. :lol:

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 pm

The Meadowlands is the new Irving...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 pm

jmooney wrote:Well, they have certainly moved in front of Philthy for the next 2 years. In my book anyway

They've always been ahead of the Smeagols for me. The Smeagols have never won anything, I used to live in NY, and I have several friends who are Smeagols fans, while I've never met a G-strings fan I want anything to do with.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Eagles fans and the 'body bag game" have kept them in front of NY until now. Mara's actions have changed that and NYG fans are getting worse.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm

NYG are now at the top of my list. those comments by Mara are INFURIATING. he must be destroyed. DIE GIANTS DIE

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah that team in TX used to be my most hated. There is no doubt that the Gstrings and Mara are the new hated team for me. I cant remember the Cowpies ownership ever doing something like Mara has done. I cant go back too far though.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:02 am

The Redskins team with their arch-enemy vs a mutual threat? Say it isn't so...

I live in Giants country. I've hated them more than the Cowboys for a while now, but it just kicked up a notch.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:04 am

Countertrey wrote:I want our cap space back, and reparations for the damage done by our inability to negotiate for any number of now unavailable players... but, I suspect Snyder will be more like you... and love having a full 32 million additional to play with

+1

They have missed out not only signing players but they lose the future production of those players, throw in the players they have signed but they have had to limit the length of the contracts because of lack of option to use 2013 cap space now and this has hurt the growth of a rebuilding team.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 am

The really annoying thing about this is that its mostly down to the Haynesworth deal.

If the muppet actually performed for us and was a starter now it wouldn't be half as bad, but to think we wasted all that time and money on that piece of _hit and yet that isn't penalty enough, we now get punished further even though he's long gone...

:explode:

It's like his fat face is still laughing at us whilst he continues to spend the money he 'earned' in his short time in DC.

If this cap space penalty sticks then the Haynesworth deal, if not already, is the worst in the history of the NFL IMO.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football