Redskins/Cowboys file grievance against NFL

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:10 am
Location: Columbia, MD

Postby rick301 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:16 am

1niksder wrote:
rskin72 wrote:I have heard nothing of a settlement being discussed......is there a web site to read this, or was it heard on the radio?

Like I said "the Grapevine"... Give it a day or two



1niksder -
Its been 4 days now (or "a day or two" times two). What's the grapevine saying now? :-k


Are they talking deals for both the 'skins and 'boys? I can't believe that Snyder or Jones would consider a deal if they believe they have a strong case and would get full restitution. If they settle for less, that could indicate that there's more to it than has hit the press.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 am

rick301 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
rskin72 wrote:I have heard nothing of a settlement being discussed......is there a web site to read this, or was it heard on the radio?

Like I said "the Grapevine"... Give it a day or two



1niksder -
Its been 4 days now (or "a day or two" times two). What's the grapevine saying now? :-k


Are they talking deals for both the 'skins and 'boys? I can't believe that Snyder or Jones would consider a deal if they believe they have a strong case and would get full restitution. If they settle for less, that could indicate that there's more to it than has hit the press.

If the league is offering what is rumored to settle, that's an indication that the league is aware that it's case is weak... It's not all that was lost, but does replace much of it... and it prevents having to somehow account for the extra cap money that has already been spent by most of the beneficiaries of the stolen cap.

However, any such hearing still has an element of rolling the dice. Danny and Jerruh might prefer the guaranteed "bird in the hand" versus the risk that the humongous bird in the bush should somehow escape.

The more compelling they feel their case is, the more likely they say shove it, and place it in the hands of the arbitrator. Less confidence, moves the dial back towards accepting a settlement.

The league has made a huge mess for itself, thanks to that vindictive little cockroach, Mara, and is going to have a very difficult time sorting this out... but... screw them, anyway. As soon as those duplicitous owners voted... they became part of the problem.

It is entirely possible that a bunch of teams will find themselves with a bit of a cap problem if the arbitor says that they must return the cap space that was taken without cause from the Redskins and the Cowboys... Won't THAT be fun to see?

What will come of arbitration? I have no idea... but this would be fair: How about returning the full cap space taken from the 'skins and Cowboys... PLUS, to prevent causing a league wide cap space problem, rather than taking back the 1.6 million that was provided as a pay-off to the co-conspirators, the league equalizes that by giving the Redskins and Cowboys an extra 1.6 million. Then, they also give both teams the right to fully roll over all unused space from this year into next. The Redskins gain an extra 2nd round pick in 2013... at the beginning of the round... and the Cowboys an extra 3rd round pick, at the beginning of the round... as a punitive award.
Last edited by Countertrey on Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 am

Countertrey wrote:It is entirely possible that a bunch of teams will find themselves with a bit of a cap problem if the arbitor says that they must return the cap space that was taken without cause from the Redskins and the Cowboys... Won't THAT be fun to see?

Too bad the Pies aren't part of that group too. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:It is entirely possible that a bunch of teams will find themselves with a bit of a cap problem if the arbitor says that they must return the cap space that was taken without cause from the Redskins and the Cowboys... Won't THAT be fun to see?

Too bad the Pies aren't part of that group too. :twisted:


Hear you... but every dream has a bit of bizarre in it. The pies play that role here...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am

Like it or not, the pies were cheated the exact same way we were and we are on the same team for these purposes ONLY.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5166
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 am

Still curious where you guys are hearing these rumors? I haven't heard or read a single thing about this in weeks.

I think the settlement scenario sounds like a good deal though, and I agree with the idea that a solid deal might be better than rolling the dice with arbitration. Compensatory draft picks would be sweet, sweet icing on the cake, especially after the RGIII trade - but I have a hard time believing that would ever play out. Sounds like wishful thinking.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Countertrey wrote: The Redskins gain an extra 2nd round pick in 2013... at the beginning of the round... and the Cowboys an extra 3rd round pick, at the beginning of the round... as a punitive award.


They could actually do that?!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote: The Redskins gain an extra 2nd round pick in 2013 ... and the Cowboys gain an extra 3rd round pick


They could actually do that!


[-o< so let it be written, so let it be done [-o<
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote: The Redskins gain an extra 2nd round pick in 2013 ... and the Cowboys gain an extra 3rd round pick


They could actually do that!


[-o< so let it be written, so let it be done [-o<


I'm sorry, I was actually asking if they could. LOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote: The Redskins gain an extra 2nd round pick in 2013 ... and the Cowboys gain an extra 3rd round pick


They could actually do that!


[-o< so let it be written, so let it be done [-o<


I'm sorry, I was actually asking if they could. LOL

Yes they could, but I could also win the lottery. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm

I think Redskin1 knows something, he's just not telling us!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:So, is it tomorrow that we get our cap space back, two compensatory 1st round draft picks, and have Mara and Goodell paraded naked through the streets of DC, being thrashed with barbed wire?

No, the hearing is scheduled for the 10th. The parade is the day after.

Ah well, technically I was right. I thought the hearing was on the 10th. Sadly, I also thought that today was the 9th. So, in my world, it IS tomorrow
:oops:


Steady on UK, we're ahead of them but not THAT far ahead of them!!!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think Redskin1 knows something, he's just not telling us!


Nope I tell ya when I hear it, just haven't heard anything else with less than 48 hours before the set date arrives.

If the ruling comes back the same as the rumored settlement then we know the process is a shame
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ
Posts: 13930
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think Redskin1 knows something, he's just not telling us!


Nope I tell ya when I hear it, just haven't heard anything else with less than 48 hours before the set date arrives.

If the ruling comes back the same as the rumored settlement then we know the process is a shame


I'll take that as a sham :)
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think Redskin1 knows something, he's just not telling us!


Nope I tell ya when I hear it, just haven't heard anything else with less than 48 hours before the set date arrives.

If the ruling comes back the same as the rumored settlement then we know the process is a shame


I'll take that as a sham :)
Both would apply!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football