Exploring Indy Fan's Views on Luck vs. RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Exploring Indy Fan's Views on Luck vs. RGIII

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 am

I've joined a Colt fan forum - not to troll but to do research. I've maintained my username and my avatar - the hogs.net bravehead.

First off, our site seems better at first glance. It's has a better organization. Good job, fellas.

Second, it does not seem I can yet start a new topic. What the ... :hmm:

Anyway, I'm about to reply in a relevant forum and take it from there. I just read the Cosell article on their site and an early reply made an interesting note:

Actually last season, RG3 faced 5 of the top 50 defenses and Luck 2

Back soon.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 am

My first post over there:

New member here.

Just so you all know, I grew up in Maryland and went to Colt games in Baltimore. I saw John Unitas pass it on to Bert Jones. I watched the Mayflower vans drive away. Before that my favorite team was the Colts followed by the Redskins. After that the Redskins became my favorite team followed by the Colts.

I hate the Ravens.

Anyway, on our fan forum site in DC we are talking about Luck vs. RGIII as well. We have conducted polls to see whom the members would prefer. I was hoping to come here and (not troll) find out the same thing. It looks like I need at least 15 approved posts before I can do certain things. It also looks like I'm limited to 5 posts a day.

Have you guys run such a poll? Do you have the ability to do so on this site? If so, can someone start such a poll, i.e., Whom do you want us to pick - Luck or RGIII? If you already have can someone point me to it?

Thanks.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:27 am

=D>

cool man, appreciate that.. pretty cool to find out what they think. i wonder if that poll was ran on the colts official site?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 am

I got this anecdotal reply but nothing on a poll yet.

^ 97% of this forum wants Luck and Id say 40% of that 97% followed Luck here. They werent with us before this season

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Awesome, Darth! Can't wait to hear what they have to say. From a few things I've seen, their fan base sounds like ours but for Luck instead of RG3. Basically, they'd be happy with either, but Luck is their man.

It makes sense... If you're gonna replace Payton Manning, what better way than to do it with a young version of the same kind of QB? A smart field general who stands strong in the pocket, reads a defense really well and has a cannon for an arm.
"Givin'em the Business!"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am

So cool for both teams, really... it's as close to can't miss at 1 and 2 as it ever gets. The closest is probably the year Marino and Elway came out... and Jim Kelly was pretty good, too...

...'course, that draft also had Todd Blackledge, and Tony Eason were taken in the first round then, too...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 am

Countertrey wrote:So cool for both teams, really... it's as close to can't miss at 1 and 2 as it ever gets. The closest is probably the year Marino and Elway came out... and Jim Kelly was pretty good, too...

...'course, that draft also had Todd Blackledge, and Tony Eason were taken in the first round then, too...

Wasn't Marino like the 27th pick or something?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Re: Exploring Indy Fan's Views on Luck vs. RGIII

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 am

DarthMonk wrote:I've joined a Colt fan forum - not to troll but to do research. I've maintained my username and my avatar - the hogs.net bravehead.

First off, our site seems better at first glance. It's has a better organization. Good job, fellas.

Second, it does not seem I can yet start a new topic. What the ... :hmm:

Anyway, I'm about to reply in a relevant forum and take it from there. I just read the Cosell article on their site and an early reply made an interesting note:

Actually last season, RG3 faced 5 of the top 50 defenses and Luck 2

Back soon.

DarthMonk

Good looking out, DM. You might want to point them to THN, too. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am

Details....
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Other intersting snippets from the Colts Fan Forum:

Luck is the one who looks like Aaron Rodgers. A bigger version of Aaron Rodgers. Luck is faster than Rodger's 40, also. Btw, nobody has bothered to report whether Griffin can even throw the ball 76 yards. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that he CANNOT throw the ball 80 yards, so therefore at best, he can only throw the ball 1-4 yards further than Luck. Luck just chooses not to rifle the ball, when there is no doubt he can.

Plus, the indoor field RGIII was throwing at was the same place he proposed to his girlfriend, so he was already familiar with the facility, turf, etc. Basically, RGIII did not take any liberties to simulate any pressure on himself whatsoever. Andrew Luck, however, seemingly went out of his way to prove doubters wrong by throwing outside, against a strong wind (he could have called off the Pro Day or thrown with the wind, if he wanted, but did not), and yea, as you mentioned, with a broom attacking him. He even hurled that big deep bomb down-field as a silent protest to those questioning his arm strength.

Luck demonstrated an intangible of courage RGIII did not. No doubt the Colts organization will add this to their draft conversations.

Luck does have a tendency to float his balls... can't be doing that against guys like ed reed and Troy. What makes griffin better to me is his deep balls... they are so petty and accurate. Luck was great at reading defense in college.... that would've awesome if the NFL ran the same defenses.

No one called him on this!

I don't see why people think Luck is less accurate. Scouts and analyst are in awe about how effortlessly he gets the ball perfectly into his WRs hands, he also has perfect spirals for the most part. RGiii in all honesty looks more erratic than Luck, especially in the pocket. I've seen terribly over/under thrown wobbly balls which you just don't see Luck do hardly ever, sometime it seems like he's trying to hard. I think Luck is more accurate and has better pocket presence, awareness and is much more fluid like water. It's all a matter of opinion though as I've heard analyst and scouts say one is better than another at in virtually every category except for athleticism where RGiii is the clear winner. Ohhh unless your Merril Hoge who thinks RGiii is better at everything but they are both considered in the same class of athleticism, which I why I don't and NEVER have actually believed anything Merril Hoge has said.

Cosell was also the guy who was high on Jawlarus Russell:

Greg Cosell on JaMarcus Russell for USA Today, 4/26/2007 [http://usat.ly/yuURnZ ]:

“Oh, man, can Russell flick it,” says NFL Network analyst Greg Cosell, who has broken down film of Russell and Quinn. “Like Elway, he has the ability to see and make downfield throws 50 yards when he’s on the move.

“If you think JaMarcus Russell is one of those special quarterbacks — and in the NFL right now, there’s Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer— you have to take him. I don’t know how the Raiders have him evaluated. But I can tell you watching him on film, he wowed me.”

Cosell also thinks Russell has all the tools to be great. “This kid is a special passer, and he’s got a complete inventory of throws,” he says. “He’s got that football intuition. He throws from different platforms, doesn’t always have to be perfectly set and can move within the boxing-ring space of the pocket to find the quiet area.”

Luck is NOT the most accurate out of the two... so many times you see Griffin throwing the ball so the receiver doesn't have to stop and wait for it, while other times you see Lucks ball float and the receiver has to turn back or slow down and get it.. which is why he isn't considered the most accurate.

I have to disagree. I think Luck is, by far, the more accurate compared to Griffin.
I think you are confusing easy to catch balls from Luck where the receiver has enough time to run under the pass (hence your perception of floaters). You will see Luck perform the extra step in mental processing to throw the touch ball to the open receiver without leading him toward a defender. Yes, Luck cares about if his passes are caught by his receivers. That is why he cares about their hands. He has learned through the years, that if he rifles the passes into his receivers' hands they tend to bounce off, and become INTs.

Luck has the ability to change the "volume" of his passes. From the video that I have seen of Griffin, I don't see that Griffin has this ability.

That's because neither of you two have watched anything more than YouTube highlights, I'm sure.

Real study of footage, at length, and you will see that the opposite of what you are saying is true. Luck never has a pass with zip on it, even when it's necessary. Griffin varies his speed, and also throws much better to the sidelines. Luck typically avoided those throws like the plague.

I understand your bias for the kid, but an objective, open-minded approach to the study of their film will reveal that Griffin has more release variation than does Luck, and he makes the decision more quickly. The latter point is paramount to the job requirements of an NFL QB.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 am

very interesting... personally i'm fine with agreeing that they both look pretty great!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 pm

From the Colts' Fan Forum:

http://www.nfl.com/d..._headline_stack

Cool with me....let his dreams come true...

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 pm

did any colts fan laugh at your team like the rest of the NFL is for overpaying for their former #2 receiver and a nobody named Josh Morgan?

if they didn't, they are remiss.

if they did, maybe they also would ask why haven't the redskins developed a single pro bowl player that they drafted in any round other than the first round, sans a pre- old and injured Chris cooley, the only team in the NFL with that pathetic stat.

and how come the rest of the NFC east have all developed their own receivers and the redskins can't do so themselves so they waste a fortune of cap space on mediocre receivers and they wonder why they stink every year..

good questions, colts. I dunno your answer...other than Daniel Snyder?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 pm

the poster wrote:did any colts fan laugh at your team like the rest of the NFL is for overpaying for their former #2 receiver and a nobody named Josh Morgan?

if they did, maybe they also would ask why haven't the redskins developed a single pro bowl player that they drafted in any round other than the first round, sans a pre- old and injured Chris cooley, the only team in the NFL with that pathetic stat.

and how come the rest of the NFC east have all developed their own receivers and the redskins can't do so themselves so they waste a fortune of cap space on mediocre receivers and they wonder why they stink every year..

Did any fans laugh at your team when they.....

OK. I give up. What have they done?

That's right, they put out a statement that they were going to stick with Colt :shock:

That was after they complained about not being able to get the #2 pick in this years draft, failed to get interest from anyone who ever played QB in the league and watched a bunch of their free agents sign elsewhere. If you don't remember that major offseason non-move, think back it was right before it came out the they wanted both of the receivers the Skins signed but neither made to their scheduled visits
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 pm

1niksder wrote:
the poster wrote:did any colts fan laugh at your team like the rest of the NFL is for overpaying for their former #2 receiver and a nobody named Josh Morgan?

Did any fans laugh at your team when they.....

OK. I give up. What have they done?

That's right, they put out a statement that they were going to stick with Colt :shock:

That was after they complained about not being able to get the #2 pick in this years draft, failed to get interest from anyone who ever played QB in the league and watched a bunch of their free agents sign elsewhere. If you don't remember that major offseason non-move, think back it was right before it came out the they wanted both of the receivers the Skins signed but neither made to their scheduled visits

This guy is from Cleveland?????
ROTFALMAO fart: ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Stop it ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
Too funny.

Cleveland, home to more sports gaffes than anywhere. The shot, the drive, the move, the fumble, red right 88, the decision, the catch, game 7 world series, and now the trade.

I'm a Bulls fan, remember this? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCxuq-yn1w

So funny. Be gone
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football