This is strange to me....

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

This is strange to me....

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 am

Ok, I get tattooing. But I don't get the Branding and the Scarring that goes with it.

IT'S JUST PLAIN UGLY.....imo

This is a horrible keloid scar that happens when trauma is inflicted on the skin. I have a few keloids myself.......but they were accidental, NOT INTENTIONAL.

I just don't get it. Is it college fraternity initiation? Is it football initiation? Is it a rite of passage and/or a cultural thing? Is it proof of how "tough" you are...??? Help me understand.

Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Ok, I get tattooing. But I don't get the Branding and the Scarring that goes with it.

This is a horrible keloid scar that happens when trauma is inflicted on the skin. I have a few keloids myself.......but they were accidental, NOT INTENTIONAL.

I just don't get it. Is it college fraternity initiation? Is it football initiation? Is it a rite of passage and/or a cultural thing? Is it proof of how "tough" you are...??? Help me understand.

I'm not sure what what's behind this but I find it strange as well. I am much like an electron bouncing off a wall at times so I may simply be responding to what I'm used to, etc.

Anyway, call me crazy but I think a pierced ear lobe with a small ear ring can be attractive:

while the kind that leaves a hole you can stick your finger or knives through coupled with pierced tongue/septum, etc. indicates a problem.

Lounge topic?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Ok, I get tattooing. But I don't get the Branding and the Scarring that goes with it.

I'm not sure what what's behind this but I find it strange as well. I am much like an electron bouncing off a wall at times so I may simply be responding to what I'm used to, etc.

Anyway, call me crazy but I think a pierced ear lobe with a small ear ring can be attractive:

while the kind that leaves a hole you can stick your finger or knives through coupled with pierced tongue/septum, etc. indicates a problem.

Lounge topic?

DarthMonk
Jesus Christ that 2nd pic, wow. I wouldn't do that for hundereds of thousands of doallars.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Re: This is strange to me....

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Is that even a tatoo?
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am

I think it's BRANDING....like they do to cows on the farm.

Hot iron...........pressed onto the skin........YIKES

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm

A lot of fraternities do stuff like this, I'm more-so shocked that people have never seen it before....
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

http://organizations.missouristate.edu/ ... tities.htm

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Ok....but not for me...sorry

I have a keloid scar....not fun....swells and itches bad at times.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:23 pm

I hear you. It is not for me either which is why I am not a member of a fraternity that finds this practice acceptable.

I do respect it though because I have spoke with folks that had the brand and they told me their reasons. They were all very proud of their brand.

"Que Psi Phi to the day we die!" is their chant and they mean just that, "till the day they die," so what's a little keloid to them?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:19 am

Red_One43 wrote:"Que Psi Phi to the day we die!" is their chant

Except that's three Omegas, and Que is not a letter in the Greek alphabet. #-o
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:50 am

Yeah, not good.

If that was a tattoo that would look good, but like that it is just plain ugly. That's damaged skin, not decorated skin.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to The Lounge