New Uniforms

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

It looks more like a Centaur than a Viking to me. A mythic creature that is half man-half horse. If so, it could represent the curse that used to plague the Redskins. :|
Last edited by The Hogster on Thu May 10, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu May 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Womp womp womp...

OMG the "throwback uniforms" are hideous.
:puke:
"Givin'em the Business!"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 pm

New unis: http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/5/10/3012737/pictures-2012-redskins-alternate-uniform

I actually like them.

Something like this would be better, but whatever.

SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm

The jerseys are fine but the helmet kills me. It looks like we stole Tampa Bays helmets and just peeled the decals off.

Not worth the hype IMHO.
"Givin'em the Business!"

piggie

Postby fetus » Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

so when exactly are we going to wear these?
RGIII and the terrible D

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 pm

fetus wrote:so when exactly are we going to wear these?

I believe what they said during the press conference was that the uniforms would be worn for two home games, with the dates to be determined.
"Givin'em the Business!"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Did the Cleveland Browns simply keep their current uniform?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Could've been a lot worse.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm

My reaction to seeing the new alternate uniforms;

:shock:

:puke:

hopefully RG3 will take our mind off them by throwing for a trillion yards and countless TDs. And catching them. And kicking the extra points. I think he's got that in his locker so to speak...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm

It's time for a change. This franchise changed it's uniforms historically. We've had basically the same variation since 1983, but before that, change was periodic. It's about that time. The team we put on the field these days is nothing like those of the 80's and it's time to move on. We will always be the Redskins, but we will never be the 80's Skins again.

The change doesn't need to be drastic either. But it's time to shake things up a bit.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Don't care for those.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri May 11, 2012 4:13 am

The Hogster wrote:It's time for a change. This franchise changed it's uniforms historically. We've had basically the same variation since 1983, but before that, change was periodic. It's about that time. The team we put on the field these days is nothing like those of the 80's and it's time to move on. We will always be the Redskins, but we will never be the 80's Skins again.

The change doesn't need to be drastic either. But it's time to shake things up a bit.

NO!

I couldn't disagree more. We should not only keep the uniforms but wear the white jersey version at every available opportunity, like we did under Gibbs. That's the look that commands respect and has a history of success attached to it.

Things move on, granted. But I'd argue that the best uniforms in the NFL are those worn by the likes of the 49ers, Steelers and the Raiders, and they haven't changed from their glory days of the 80's or the 70's. Think about it for a second.

The classic styles have a class about them. The Jets look better for going back to a retro 60's look with the Nameth-style helmet, don't you think..?

Most teams that chop and change styles look like their looking for an identity still or have no history. The Bears look awful when not in black and white. And the Bucs and the Saints with their all dark uniforms just look cheap and nasty to me.

When you work hard to create an identity or brand you shouldn't keep changing it, it devalues it.

Sometimes it works, I think the Patriots look better now then in the 80's, but although the Broncos uniform is OK I don't know if I prefer it to the Orange and Blue of the Elway era.

We have a wonderful identity and a real style with great colours, that shouldn't be comprimised.

In a world increasingly obsessed with change and speed, we need to resist the 'need to upgrade' as a little class can strike a chord with the public in the long term.

Just my opinion...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 am

I quite like the look of the new alternate uniforms. The knee jerk reaction of most fans will be "yuk", but then nobody likes change, do they? After all, these are only the alternate uniforms, and will rarely be seen.

I would have no problem with changing the regular uniforms either. My only proviso would be that any uniform should be simple, not too "cluttered". Silly outfits like the Seahawks one, with it's silly little flashes of colour here and there (and what a hideous colour) just look like they belong in minor leagues.

As long as the Redskins wear burgundy jerseys with white or gold pants, and white jerseys with burgundy pants, then I'm happy. the only combination I don't like is the the all white one. Similarly, all burgundy or all gold would be disastrous.

I couldn't care less what uniforms the Redskins wore when we were good - after all, those same uniforms have been worn a lot during the times when we've stunk.

Keep it simple, keep it traditional, but no harm in changing things a little.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football