New Uniforms

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 am

Why can't our uniforms be our actual team colors...burgundy and gold with white away jerseys? What I see are red, yellow and now bronze. Somebody is over thinking this. Let's get back to basics.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am

GoSkins wrote:Why can't our uniforms be our actual team colors...burgundy and gold with white away jerseys? What I see are red, yellow and now bronze.

If this is a replica, than it is "our actual team colors", albeit from the 30's...

GoSkins wrote:Somebody is over thinking this.

Hard to overthink a replica.

GoSkins wrote:Let's get back to basics.

I'd think that a replica of the ORIGINAL DC UNIFORM would be considered "the basics".

I think what you're asking for is what you grew up with, and that's unique to each individual. My grandfather may consider this as getting back to the basics.

It'll only be worn for two games, you won't die.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: ... It'll only be worn for two games, you won't die.

thank you :shock:

much ado about nothing ... again :twisted:

no matter what the Redskins' are wearing .. the play on the field is all that matters :P
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

SkinsJock wrote:

no matter what the Redskins' are wearing .. the play on the field is all that matters :P

So, there it is everybody. You heard it here first. Jock would be happy to see the Redskins playing in lime green jerseys and chocolate brown pants. Maybe with a nice orange helmet?

Come on Jock - this is the offseason. Most discussions are "much ado about nothing" at this time of year ;-)

Anyway, I like the new throwbacks :-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Anyone else surprised by how small Kerrigan makes orakpo look? Jus sayin... I need a #91 jersey asap
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

So, there it is everybody. You heard it here first. Jock would be happy to see the Redskins playing in lime green jerseys and chocolate brown pants. Maybe with a nice orange helmet?

Come on Jock - this is the offseason. Most discussions are "much ado about nothing" at this time of year ;-)

Anyway, I like the new throwbacks :-)

ROTFALMAO I like how you got to that combination - shows a fertile mind ROTFALMAO

I do agree that most of the posts here during this offseason are a bunch of BS ... especially from some ... :twisted:

I do like the new unis - and I'm fine with just about anything they wear - we are due for another change

just interesting that some would mind the 'old look' for 2 games :roll:

btw - do you really think they could go to lime green jerseys with orange helmets :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 11, 2012 3:55 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
The Hogster wrote:It's time for a change. This franchise changed it's uniforms historically. We've had basically the same variation since 1983, but before that, change was periodic. It's about that time. The team we put on the field these days is nothing like those of the 80's and it's time to move on. We will always be the Redskins, but we will never be the 80's Skins again.

The change doesn't need to be drastic either. But it's time to shake things up a bit.

NO!

I couldn't disagree more. We should not only keep the uniforms but wear the white jersey version at every available opportunity, like we did under Gibbs. That's the look that commands respect and has a history of success attached to it.

Things move on, granted. But I'd argue that the best uniforms in the NFL are those worn by the likes of the 49ers, Steelers and the Raiders, and they haven't changed from their glory days of the 80's or the 70's. Think about it for a second.

The classic styles have a class about them. The Jets look better for going back to a retro 60's look with the Nameth-style helmet, don't you think..?

Most teams that chop and change styles look like their looking for an identity still or have no history. The Bears look awful when not in black and white. And the Bucs and the Saints with their all dark uniforms just look cheap and nasty to me.

When you work hard to create an identity or brand you shouldn't keep changing it, it devalues it.

Sometimes it works, I think the Patriots look better now then in the 80's, but although the Broncos uniform is OK I don't know if I prefer it to the Orange and Blue of the Elway era.

We have a wonderful identity and a real style with great colours, that shouldn't be comprimised.

In a world increasingly obsessed with change and speed, we need to resist the 'need to upgrade' as a little class can strike a chord with the public in the long term.

Just my opinion...

You totally missed my point. I'm not talking about re-branding. I actually like some of the older Redskins uniforms. This alternate is something I like over something "modern." I like the white top, burgundy pants look. But I prefer the older look. I wish we were wearing the alternates, or the gold pants combo more. But with actual gold, not Ronald McDonald yellow.

SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football