JSPB2 / Deadskins Hognostications BRAGGING rights

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 am

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:No problem RiC, you probably just missed my glory years ..


ROTFALMAO .. well that certainly clear's that up ... I missed them too :wink:

That must be because I've bested you every year, except year 4*. You obviously choose not to see. :whistle:
Go find your spectacles, old man. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13144
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:No problem RiC, you probably just missed my glory years ..


ROTFALMAO .. well that certainly clear's that up ... I missed them too :wink:

That must be because I've bested you every year, except year 4*. You obviously choose not to see. :whistle:
Go find your spectacles, old man. :twisted:


we should see if NC43 can get an asterisk assigned to your avatar - there's no chance of it having anything else :wink:

one thing's for sure - we can all clearly see each others avatars here :twisted:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm

The Eagles have never won anything either ... if that serves of any consolation ... whatsoever. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:The Eagles have never won anything either ... if that serves of any consolation ... whatsoever. :wink:

Yeah, and the Bears and Jets still brag about their wins. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 am

SkinsJock wrote:one thing's for sure - we can all clearly see each others avatars here :twisted:


Yeah dog, check mine out! Hey, what the...

I do agree with you that titles are what really counts. Long term performance does as well, but just that Deadskins is the only one who played every year giving him the most wins and most losses doesn't.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ
Posts: 13144
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 pm

^^^ ROTFALMAO

I'd rather be old than dead :wink:


and ... I ain't that old :P
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:one thing's for sure - we can all clearly see each others avatars here :twisted:


Yeah dog, check mine out! Hey, what the...

I do agree with you that titles are what really counts. Long term performance does as well, but just that Deadskins is the only one who played every year giving him the most wins and most losses doesn't.

:roll:
So now my record doesn't count because others chose to take years off, stopped playing, didn't start playing until recently, or didn't make it to the top 12?. I get it that you don't like that I'm the one who holds the record, but I'd rather Barry Sanders hadn't quit before setting the record so high that Emmitt Smith could not eventually become the all-time rushing leader. Brett Favre holds the career TD passes (and most INTs) record, mostly because he also has the most passing attempts. Does that diminish his record?

I don't begrudge any of the seven champions, who had a great individual year hognosticating, their titles (the only reason I give SkinsJock a hard time is because I know in my heart that I tied with him that year, not because he didn't deserve credit for his accomplishment). You and I tied in your first season, then you won the next year, then I bested you this past season (who knows which was the real Kazoo?).

You say long term performance counts, but you obviously aren't sincere, because my performance stacks up against anybody else's. I've never finished below seventh (the last two seasons), finished sixth once (year 3), fourth once (year 1), third twice (years 2 and 5), and then there was year 4 (even if I don't get credit for a first place finish, my season average gets me second). Once you've played in at least half of the contests, or if anyone wins a second time, then maybe you can talk. Until then, stay classy Kazoo. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Deadskins wrote:So now my record doesn't count because others chose to take years off, stopped playing, didn't start playing until recently, or didn't make it to the top 12?

No, not "now." I said that the whole time actually.

Deadskins wrote:I get it that you don't like that I'm the one who holds the record

To be clear, are we talking about your record for the most wins or your record for the most losses?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:So now my record doesn't count because others chose to take years off, stopped playing, didn't start playing until recently, or didn't make it to the top 12?

No, not "now." I said that the whole time actually.

Deadskins wrote:I get it that you don't like that I'm the one who holds the record

To be clear, are we talking about your record for the most wins or your record for the most losses?

Yep, very classy.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 am

Deadskins wrote:You and I tied in your first season, then you won the next year, then I bested you this past season (who knows which was the real Kazoo?).


In those three years I won a championship and had a better winning percentage then you did over the three years. I tanked the last two weeks this year picking massive upsets because I was behind and was focusing on this year, not career winning percentage.

So you have the record for wins. You have the record for losses. You also have the record for championship futility not having won a championship in the most seasons. You're the Cubskins...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I tanked the last two weeks this year picking massive upsets because I was behind

Gee, and nobody else could have ever done the same thing in other years. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10247
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:30 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:I tanked the last two weeks this year picking massive upsets because I was behind

Gee, and nobody else could have ever done the same thing in other years. :roll:


You didn't read the point I was responding to, did you?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15974
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:You didn't read the point I was responding to, did you?

Of course I did (I not only read it, I wrote it :wink: ). You were making excuses for why you didn't do as well as me this year. And your other points were that you have a better career average than me (although you totally discounted your own excuse as a possible cause for that), that I have more years without a championship (year 4 not withstanding, so what? Anyone can have one great season, and so far, seven different people have), and that I play for my career totals, not whatever season I'm in (ridiculous on it's face). :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Children, children ... order in the classroom!

JSPB/Deadskins,

WE AGREE that you have a GREAT opinion about yourself and your "consistent" performance. (Not shared by about anybody else but that is beyond the point)

The 2012 Hognostications are coming. Let's settle this argument on the field of battle 8)

Show us the money this year!!! Not much to show the last two. :cry:

Better the Bears and Jets than the Eagles though. ROTFALMAO
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Around the League