JSPB2 / Deadskins Hognostications BRAGGING rights

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
~~~~~~

JSPB2 / Deadskins Hognostications BRAGGING rights

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:36 am

I found the following post almost hidden at the end of on an old Hognostications thread. Let's discuss it, shall we? :twisted:

Deadskins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
Deadskins wrote:<--- Overall leader for this competition,

Really? How? Who has obtained more top 3 places in this tounament through theyears? Have you added all the wins over the whole set of Hognostications? Can you post this number if you have it?

Deadskins wrote:.. and the owner of the only perfecto (in a 16-game week, no less). 8)

That is true and credit goes to you for that. But the previous one? Mmmm Doubt it very strongly. :hmm:

Absolutely, I can back it up. I'll have to go back through my posts, but I did a tally a couple of years ago and it wasn't even close. You and I were neck and neck for the title at one point, but you dropped out mid-season one year, and I pulled away.

Ok, so I finally have some spare time on my hands, and decided to go back and do the research to back up this claim. Here are the results:

Year 1

1. 166 - 74 Redskin in Canada
2. 160 - 80 Texas Hog
3. 157 - 83 joebagadonuts
4. 156 - 84 JSPB22
5. 152 - 88 Redeemed
6. 147 - 77 Chris Luva Luva
7. 138 - 72 SkinsJock
8. 137 - 73 Justice Hog
9. 129 - 95 1niksdeR
10. 125 - 81 skinz74
11. 119 - 79 FanfromAnnapolis
12. 108 - 72 Punu

Year 2
http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=833
http://thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20852&start=75
http://thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=292724
http://thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21336&start=57
Ok, so I'm having a hard time finding results from this year. It was the first year using the software, and there were glitches. The Hosgnostications section is frozen at week 7 of year 4, and some links to blogs in the above threads are no longer active. Above are several links that gave me hints at totals. A couple of years back, I went and found the totals, because I wanted to compare my totals to RiC's. At the time, I had tallied his first 4 seasons at 608-326. So subtracting his other years' totals, I came up with 147-95 for his year 2 final stats. From my playoff thread, I know this was the final rankings for that year.

1. HOSS
2. airhog
3. funbunch
4. JSPB22
5. joebagadonuts
6. Redskin in Canada 147-95
7. Justice HOG
8. JPM36
9. TincoSkin
10. Dangerfield
11. Mursilis
12. EA7649

Year 3
Code: Select all
Pos Poolmeisters          TW   TL  TT   Pct.  TB Avg  Last Wk  Change

1 HOOKBASSGA           184   56   0   76.7    10.3     1       --
  2 Mursilis             166   74   0   69.2     9.9     2       --
  3 Justice Hog          160   80   0   66.7    12.1     3       --
  4 Texas Hog            159   81   0   66.3    12.0     4       --
  5 riggins85            159   81   0   66.3    12.4     5       --
  6 JSPB22               158   82   0   65.8    10.2     6       --
  7 innovator83          158   82   0   65.8    13.3     7       --
  8 ChrisHanburger       157   83   0   65.4    12.6     8       --
  9 SkinsJock            156   84   0   65.0    10.1    11      + 2
 10 Redskin in Canada    156   84   0   65.0    10.5     9      - 1
 11 REDEEMEDSKIN         156   84   0   65.0    13.2    10      - 1
 12 Welb                 152   74   0   67.3    12.5    16      + 4

Year 4

1. SkinsJock 146-66 68.9%
2. BigRedskinDaddy 140-72 66.1%
3. RiC 139-73 65.6%
Countertrey 139-73 65.6%
5. Hoss 138-74 65.1%
6. JSPB22 135-64 67.9% <-- Note: I dispute this total, but it doesn't matter for the purposes of this research.
7. jeremyroyce 126-71 64.0%
8. TRO 124-88 58.5%

Year 5

1. TeeterSalad....171-85....66.80%
2. Mursilis....165-91....64.45%
3. Deadskins....163-93....63.67%
KazooSkinsFan....163-93....63.67%
5. DesertSkin....161-95....62.89%
Hoss....161-95....62.89%
7. REDEEMEDSKIN....155-101....60.55%
8. jeremyroyce....152-104....59.38%
9. SkinsJock....145-111....56.64%
tribeofjudah....145-111....56.64%

Year 6

1. KazooSkinsFan 165-91
2. Justice Hog 162-94
3. RiC 160-96
4. Countertrey 159-97
5. DesertSkin 157-99
6. SAP_Pete 156-100
7. Deadskins 155-101
8. REDEEMEDSKIN 154-102
9. TeeterSalad 153-103
10. ChrisHanburger 152-104
11. Hoss 150-106
12. SkinsJock 143-113

And, although my claim was made before this season, here are this year's totals for completeness:

Year 7

1. DarthMonk 167-89
2. Hoss 166-90
3. andyjens89 165-91
4. DesertSkin 164-92
5. Redskin in Canada 162-94
Warmother 162-94
7. Deadskins 157-99
8. tribeofjudah 155-101
9. BigRedskinDaddy 153-103
KazooSkinsFan 153-103
11. SkinsJock 152-104
12. vwoodzpusha 133-123
13. 1niksder 125-131

So, as can be plainly seen, I am the only board member who has competed, and finished in the top 12 (actually top 7 :wink: ), in all 7 seasons, so my claim to the overall lead is also justified.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 am

Brother,

You have never WON this thing ONCE, not even close.

You have been behind me and others more often than not. ONLY ONCE you ended up ahead of me in this entire competition over seven years.

So, thanks for the stats but ... what about them?

Your past two years have been anything but too kind to you and you have excuses for others, even if you "claim" not to have them.

OK bro,

Show me the money! Tell me why you are the better Hognosticator or the ONLY consistently good one. Big words, few facts if you ask me. :roll:

Make my day, it is the offseason with a number of boring days before the Draft. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:I found the following post almost hidden at the end of on an old Hognostications thread. Let's discuss it, shall we? :twisted:

OK, let's.
Almost hidden? What? You do realize that when you post a message to this board, it brings the thread to the top of the forum, right? I posted it for your benefit, because you called into doubt (the post I quoted at the top of my research) my credentials as the owner of the title of Most Correct Hognostications, in that very thread. :roll:

Redskin in Canada wrote:Brother,

You have never WON this thing ONCE, not even close.

OK, and you've WON it exactly ONCE (in the very first year :roll: ) And, as I pointed out in that original thread, it's not like anyone has ever won twice. But, I know that I tied for first in year 4, only to have my week 8 picks disappear mysteriously (the only week I've "missed" picking over the seven years of the competition :-k ), the same week as the software crashed never to work again.

Redskin in Canada wrote:You have been behind me and others more often than not. ONLY ONCE you ended up ahead of me in this entire competition over seven years.

Um, no. I finished ahead of you in years 2, 3, 4 (even if you let the totals stand as they are, with me needing only 5 picks in the "missing" week to best you for the season, my percentage for that year was good enough for second place, and a full 2.3% better than yours), and 5. I shouldn't need to point out that it's actually YOU who has "been behind me and others more often than not."

Redskin in Canada wrote:So, thanks for the stats but ... what about them?

Well, they proved my original contention that I have more correct Hognostications than any other board member. 8)

Redskin in Canada wrote:Your past two years have been anything but too kind to you and you have excuses for others, even if you "claim" not to have them.

Yeah, I finished 10 games off the pace (to your five) both years, but year seven had yet to be played when we had the original exchange, meaning you had beaten me twice (1 and 6) to my four (2, 3, 4, and 5)

Redskin in Canada wrote:OK bro,

Show me the money! Tell me why you are the better Hognosticator or the ONLY consistently good one. Big words, few facts if you ask me. :roll:

Make my day, it is the offseason with a number of boring days before the Draft. :twisted:

Frankly, I'm surprised you even brought this back up, noting the above, much less gave it its own thread. I said I would get to the research eventually, and that the research would prove that I had the most correct Hognostications, and even said it was because I was one of the only ones (turns out THE ONLY ONE) to play every season. I own the only perfecto (in a 16 game week, no less). Of course, I also just missed another one just because I refused to be a Hognostitraitor. Thanks for your kind words, BTW. :twisted:

So, in the end, I'd say I've shown pretty well overall. At least I never quit 3 weeks into a season. :oops:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:18 am

Oh!

The humanity!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 am

I know! Brutal, right? :lol:

Edit:
:oops: Turns out it was only a 14-game-week perfecto. :oops:

But you missed your appointment, CT, so I don't feel too bad. :P

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:05 am

I wouldn't feel too bad, DS... after all, the Dolphins still brag, even though theirs was only a 17 total win (14 Regular season, and 3 post-season) perfect season
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 am

Deadskins wrote:Well, they proved my original contention that I have more correct Hognostications than any other board member

And you've had more incorrect Hognostications than any other board member...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 pm

I may have missed the point, or the ability to read.

Or I just do not follow EXCUSE after EXCUSE when there are no justifications for them.

Look bro, I am not the brightest crayon in the box. I am NOT the best Hognosticator. I can hold my own against most every season but i have had my ups and downs. BRAGGING is not my thing. I just want to make it darn difficult for others to beat me. And if they cannot, so be it.

You seem to want to be recognized by your peers. By the looks of all the previous threads and the posts above, that ain't happening. It is a very difficult thing when the only person singing your praises is ... yourself.

You are a good opponent and a good Hognosticator. The best, or the most consistently good? Sorry, that is NOT true. The largest number of correct Hognostications??? Give me a BREAK. Even REDEEMED could do that if he stys long enough in this competition. Well, in his case it might be FOREVER but still you get our drift.

I am not buying excuses, not even for myself. If I lost, I lost. I lick my wounds and move forward. Not bad to move on instead of blaming software, the organisers and others for it.

I sincerely hope you work hard to win the title sometime and even become the consistent Hognosticator you want to become. You are not there yet, not even close.

Ah! And it is a good thing NOT to become a Hognostitraitor. You know the black legend behind it: Once a Hognostitraitor, never a WINNER.

Yours humbly,

RiC
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Well, they proved my original contention that I have more correct Hognostications than any other board member

Probably, though I wouldn't rule out TRO without counting. It really depends on whether or not you count missed weeks as 0-fers. But, I guess you could say that I'm the Brett Favre of Hognostications.

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Deadskins wrote: But, I guess you could say that I'm the Brett Favre of Hognostications.

Is that a good thing? or are you mocking yourself?

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Where is your John Madden when you need him?
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Deadskins wrote: But, I guess you could say that I'm the Brett Favre of Hognostications.

Is that a good thing? or are you mocking yourself?

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

Where is your your John Madden when you need him?

It's both good and bad. And yes, I was mocking myself.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Or I just do not follow EXCUSE after EXCUSE when there are no justifications for them.

I am not buying excuses, not even for myself. If I lost, I lost. I lick my wounds and move forward. Not bad to move on instead of blaming software, the organisers and others for it.

Show me this excuse after excuse, or where I blame the organizers or others? I have an issue with ONE week out of ONE year over a seven year history. I know I made my picks that week, but even if I hadn't, I still would hold my title. Yes, someone different beats me every season (always a bridesmaid, never a bride :cry:), but that's just the thing, it's always someone different. I don't care how you look at it, I'm definitely the most consistent Hognosticator. We were all talking a little smack in that original thread, so I tooted my own horn a little. You stated my boast was untrue, so I proved it. It's not like I started a thread to brag about it (it didn't even come up until page two), or even a separate one trying to deny someone else's accolades. If I'm the Brett Favre of Hognostications, I guess that makes you the Donovan McNabb (i.e. the most maligned Hognosticator). :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Probably, though I wouldn't rule out TRO without counting. It really depends on whether or not you count missed weeks as 0-fers. But, I guess you could say that I'm the Brett Favre of Hognostications.

No, TRO didn't play multiple years, so you have the most losses. Congrats!
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No, TRO didn't play multiple years, so you have the most losses. Congrats!

Sarcasm meter broken, Kazoo? :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

[-X So what I screwed up in year 1, but I've consistently finished outside the top 10 every year. :x
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Around the League