New Clinton Portis interview talking about Sean Taylor

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

New Clinton Portis interview talking about Sean Taylor

Postby JGR111820 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am

I work for Coach Gibbs on the Game Plan for Life website and Sean's birthday was April 1st so to honor him we interviewed his best friend, Clinton Portis to talk about what it was like losing his teammate and best friend.

Clinton recalls the night he flew down to Miami and what was going through his mind those moments and days after Sean's death. This is a touching interview and I know all you Redskins fans will enjoy it!

http://www.gameplanforlife.com/2012/04/ ... -ordinary/

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 am

Joe Gibbs Racing all day friend!!!!

Thanks for the link, will take a listen!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

RIP Sean Taylor. He instantly became my favorite Redskin. This Avatar I have was the first one I got here. It's got his original number 36.

The first time I saw Sean play was in the preseason of his rookie year. He had 2 interceptions that game & took one to the house for a TD against the Broncos. For me, that solidified him as my favorite player because, at that time, he was a bigger guy than he was later in his career. It was well known that he'd be a good in the box safety. But, that game showed me that this guy was special. He covering like Ed Reed and hitting people like Ronnie Lott, and it was the preseason.

At that time, he didn't even wear gloves. He just had his fingers taped. He was truly the definition of a football player. A HOF guy. I still get upset thinking back to what happened to him, especially when he was rounding into absolute greatness. When he was at Free Safety, it felt like whenever the other team went deep it was either going to be intercepted or broken up by him. If not, whoever caught it was going to be lucky to keep the ball in their hands.

RIP Sean Taylor. You are forever missed.
Last edited by The Hogster on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 pm

SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I have a #36 Taylor jersey I got right after that Denver game
I too was awed by the incredible athletic ability Sean posessed. To this day it is still the only jersey I wear on Sundays. RIP #21 we all miss you!
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:When he was at Free Safety, it felt like whenever the other team went deep it was either going to be intercepted or broken up by him. If not, whoever caught it was going to be lucky to keep the ball in their hands.

I'd have to look it up to know precisely what it was, but in that last year there was some crazy stat like no team had a gain that went for more than 30 yards on us, before he got injured.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football