Highest QB Rating ever RG3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Highest QB Rating ever RG3

Postby RG3 Fan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 am

According to Football Outsiders QB career forecast system Robert Griffin III's rating is the highest in history. see the following post: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 257&spln=1

Never understood the thinking that Luck is a better QB when you look at the stats this past year.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 am

Here's the link to the actual Football Outsiders article.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Re: Highest QB Rating ever RG3

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:50 am

RG3 Fan wrote:According to Football Outsiders QB career forecast system Robert Griffin III's rating is the highest in history. see the following post: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 257&spln=1

Never understood the thinking that Luck is a better QB when you look at the stats this past year.

Scary excerpt:

The biggest difference between the two according to LCF is what happened in their senior year. Luck, who was stellar as a junior, saw his passer rating stay constant. Griffin, on the other hand, improved significantly. The 45.3-point rise in his passer rating as a senior is largest senior improvement in our database (surpassing Jason Campbell, who rose 40.3 points) and the second-largest senior change in our database (behind only Rex Grossman, whose passer rating as a senior dropped 49.3 points).

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am

^ The LCF, apparently, does not account for "it"...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

I've seen that list, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. Of the 8 they projected who had NFL careers, it includes Chad Pennington, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy and Jason Campbell. Hitting on 50% (and I am including Carson Palmer as a success) makes me wonder how good this system really is....

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

You may take it with a grain of salt... but... I would never take "it" with a grain of salt... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I like this "last note" from the article about the Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf debate.

One last note: The argument against "Luck and Griffin are about as close to can't miss as quarterback prospects can be" is not "well, people said the same thing about Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf." We know more now than we did then. Leaf started only 24 games and completed just 55.4 percent of his passes in college. His LCF projection is at -407. If Football Outsiders had been around in 1998, we would have been arguing that Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf weren't even in the same universe as prospects.

As stated in the article, the LCF is not to be used as a stand alone assessment of the QBs. It should be used with what the scouts say. If the scouts and the LCF are saying good things, then it appears that LCF is right on.

LCF and scouts say the same as RGIII.
LCF and scouts say same about Luck
LCF and scouts differed on Jason Campbell.
LCF and scouts differed on Ryan Leaf.

Though I don't say relax RGIII will be the stud that we all hope for in his first year, I do say, I rather go into the draft with LCF and scouts saying the same thing than not about him. Right now, I will relax.

Just for kicks and grins:

Here's Heath Shuler's 2 years as a starterat Tennesee.

1992 11GS 58.0 PCT 133.4Rating 105 Rush 286 YDS
1993 11GS 64.6 PCT 157 Rating 46 Rush 73 YDS (Final season rushing counts)
Rating Rise 23.9 22 GS

I don't have all the data for his LCF, but the 22 games started is only two above the minimum of 20. The LCF is heavily weighted on this stat. His rise of 23.9 from junior to senior year would have helped him a good deal.
The rushing stats for his senior year would have hurt. Luck's yardage wasn't much, but his average per carry was good showing that he can scramble when necessary.

I don't have the scouting reports on Heath Shuler, but I would bet that if an LCF was done on Heath he would not be considered worthy of the third pick in the draft and since LCF says you need both LCF and scouts to agree:

Perhaps, with the third pick of the 1994 NFL Draft, we would not have heard the name, Heath Shuler.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dr ... ecast-2012

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Matt Bowen breaks down RGIII's TD against the Sooners.

- First thing that stands out with Griffin? The ability to step up in the pocket. Pro QBs have to “feel” pressure, move in the pocket and create throwing lanes. With an outside speed rush, this is exactly what we see with Griffin: step up and buy some time.

- I don’t see any panic from the Baylor QB—and his eyes are down the field. Often times we will see young and inexperienced QBs drop their eye level when they have to move to avoid a rush. That leads to poor decision-making and forced throws into coverage. With RGIII, the QB slides laterally to the line of scrimmage with eyes on the receivers.

You will hear analysts talk about QBs “throwing the wide receiver open.” What does that mean? Look at the DB in the end zone. He is playing with inside leverage. However, Griffin puts the ball to the outside (away from the DB's leverage) and allows his WR an opportunity to separate and go make the play. And the WR isn’t open when he let’s go of this ball.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/RGI ... witterfeed

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Not to mention that was with seconds left in the 4th Qtr, with the game on the line, and he took a hit to the mouth.

Jim Irsay needs to just sign Luck, and let's get this show on the road. But, nah, he likes the attention he gets by Tweeting.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 pm

The Hogster wrote:Not to mention that was with seconds left in the 4th Qtr, with the game on the line, and he took a hit to the mouth.

Jim Irsay needs to just sign Luck, and let's get this show on the road. But, nah, he likes the attention he gets by Tweeting.

His most recent "work"

Tannehill is a hidden gem in this draft,a quiet secret who was always sneaking up to #3..you want him,you better talk to Zigi The Biggie!

and

There's talk on the streets,it sounds so familiar..great expectations,everybody's watching you.The people you meet,they all seem to know you

And we complain about "the Danny"
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 pm

The Hogster wrote:Not to mention that was with seconds left in the 4th Qtr, with the game on the line, and he took a hit to the mouth.

Because he's a twit.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Irsay must be an fan of The Eagles as taht last tweet r words to "New kid in town"
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 am

Right on.

And I don't know about you guys, but I find Irsay's twitter stuff just embarrassing. Leave that crap for Kim Kardashian, you goof. Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he conducts himself like a professional businessman and CEO. He's not out there tweeting about London Fletcher.

I can't wait to get my RGIII jersey.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 am

Just think. In addition to that rating, he's still got this.

Versus Cam Newton & Luck.

Last edited by The Hogster on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am

riggofan wrote:

Right on.

And I don't know about you guys, but I find Irsay's twitter stuff just embarrassing. Leave that crap for Kim Kardashian, you goof. Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he conducts himself like a professional businessman and CEO. He's not out there tweeting about London Fletcher.

I can't wait to get my RGIII jersey.

While I agree with all of your post, I'm literally unable to sit still in anticipation of getting my hands on his jersey, too. Can't wait to add it to my rotation of Taylor (21, not 36), D. Williams and "No name" #87 throwback jersey (I am not aware of any receiver picked 15th in the 2001 draft who wore that number, no.)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football