Skins Sign Safety Madieu Williams & CB Leigh Torrence

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Skins Sign Safety Madieu Williams & CB Leigh Torrence

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Adding to the secondary at the S position. Per Jason LaCanfora's Twitter.
Last edited by The Hogster on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:52 pm

The Washington Redskins reached a deal with free agent safety Madieu Williams, according to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network. Terms of the deal are unknown at this time.

Williams, 30, joins Brandon Meriweather as the second free agent safety acquired by Washington this offseason. The Redskins are in need of help at the position after releasing both LaRon Landry and Oshiomogho Atogwe this spring.

The San Francisco 49ers let Williams go after signing him as a free agent prior to the 2011 season. He started just three games as a backup last season. Prior to that, Williams was a regular starter in his final two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. Williams was the Cincinnati Bengals' second-round pick in 2004; he spent four seasons there, before joining the Vikings.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-free-a ... u-williams

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Redskins have announce the signing of former Saints CB Leigh Torrence
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Apparently the Shanahan's didn't realize Leigh Torrence already played here and was let go.

Can he really be better than Buchanon.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:25 pm

1niksder wrote:Redskins have announce the signing of former Saints CB Leigh Torrence

That guy was here before under the now infamous Greg W
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Im all for depth although I would prefer younger players but I highly doubt they broke the bank for either of these guys...

my question is what are the teams plans for ILB? We obviously all want the team to re-sign Fletcher and Im praying that we do but we still are left with a glaring weakness there IMO..

We let Rocky walk and have still yet to re-sign Fletcher.. that doesnt leave us with much at the ILB position

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
1niksder wrote:Redskins have announce the signing of former Saints CB Leigh Torrence

That guy was here before under the now infamous Greg W

I believe that he was cut during the season and N.O. picked him right up.

He was definitely a Gregg W favorite which is why ended up in N.O.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:08 pm

That's great news. Leigh's father, Leigh Torrence Sr., is a friend of mine and a lifelong Skins fan.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

YES!!!! I love leigh torrence, he was with us once
RGIII and the terrible D

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 pm

The Hogster wrote:Apparently the Shanahan's didn't realize Leigh Torrence already played here and was let go.

I'm guessing Torrence is for depth.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm

The Hogster wrote:Apparently the Shanahan's didn't realize Leigh Torrence already played here and was let go.

100% yes... Buchanon was beat so much two seasons ago it was pathertic.... he should have never been here.... Torrence should surifice
RGIII and the terrible D

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:Im all for depth although I would prefer younger players but I highly doubt they broke the bank for either of these guys...

my question is what are the teams plans for ILB? We obviously all want the team to re-sign Fletcher and Im praying that we do but we still are left with a glaring weakness there IMO..

We let Rocky walk and have still yet to re-sign Fletcher.. that doesnt leave us with much at the ILB position

I agree. I think Keyaron Fox is back in the mix. And, perhaps they think they will find someone in the draft.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 pm

The Hogster wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:Im all for depth although I would prefer younger players but I highly doubt they broke the bank for either of these guys...

I agree. I think Keyaron Fox is back in the mix. And, perhaps they think they will find someone in the draft.

Couldn't agree more. :up:

2 possibilities:

By Charlie Campbell

Bobby Wagner, OLB/ILB, Utah State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 241.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Arm: 30 5/8. Hand: 9 7/8.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

Wagner was unable to work out at the Combine because of pneumonia. He was extremely productive in his senior season, making 147 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks and two interceptions.

Wagner is a smart player with a nose for the ball. He is well built, but his frame looks maxed out. That could push Wagner to being an outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense at the next level. He had a quality week at the Senior Bowl.

Tank Carder, ILB/OLB, TCU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
40 Time: 4.56.
Bench: 19.
Vertical: 34.5. Broad: 10-1.
Arm: 31 1/2. Hand: 9.
Projected Round (2012): 3.

3/20/12: Carder had a phenomenal Combine and pro day where he showed off more speed than many gave Carder credit for. With those two performances, he illustrated his speed to cover a lot of ground in the NFL.

Carder started out the season slowly and looked like he missed teammate Tanner Brock, but in the second half of the season, Carder picked up his play. He finished with 70 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss this year. Carder also had two interceptions returned for scores this season. One was returned 26 yards and the other was a 69-yard run back. He is a tough football player who has good tackling technique. For the second straight year, Carder was the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year.

Carder combines good speed and instincts. He could continue to add some bulk and play on the inside of a 3-4 defense. Carder has the quickness to play outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense and would fit as a 4-3 middle linebacker if he continues to add weight.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Depth. Camp fodder. Nobody is safe. They're not expecting probOwl performances. The draft hasn't occurred. After the draft, the 2nd round of free agency occurs.

Point being, dont over think this.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Depth. Camp fodder. Nobody is safe. They're not expecting probOwl performances. The draft hasn't occurred. After the draft, the 2nd round of free agency occurs.

Point being, dont over think this.

I'd like to see them bring in this guy, he was released by the Bucs today.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football