Jenkins says he's cleared to play

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

The Redskins got some good new on the injury front today.

Jarvis Jenkins, missed all of his rookie season last year after suffering a torn ACL during a preseason game,but he tweeted the following this afternoon:

Officially was cleared earlier today to play ball again god is good now it's def time for football!! #HTTR
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 pm

I thought he was ready to come back near the end of the season but was on the ir so he couldnt? Can't wait to see him play this year, kid has a ton of heart to go w his skills and athleticism
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 pm

:celebrate:
Good news. No big surprise, but good news anyway. I've said it before, but having this guy fit and ready, together with retaining everybody else from last year, could be the foundation of an elite front seven on defence.

But we do need to re-sign #59.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:38 pm

STOKED.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:45 pm

I remember reading an interview with him last year after the surgery. I admired how he focused on recovery and kept his spirits up through the rehabbing. He's hungry to get back on the field.
After seeing him last preseason, I can't wait to see what happens when he gets back out there in 2012. This kid's got a lot of heart!

Hail!
"Givin'em the Business!"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm

So much potential here. I'm hoping this was just a fluke and we'll see Jenkins healthy, happy, and productive here for the next several seasons.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Jenkins with Carriker should be a formidable rotation. Carriker came into his own, and should continue to play at a very high level. Jenkins could be that explosive rusher that penetrates for 20-30 snaps per game.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Jenkins, Bowen, Carriker, Golston, Balmer, Scott.. we have some decent depth at DE
XVII XXII XXVI

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:24 am

Irn-Bru wrote:So much potential here. I'm hoping this was just a fluke and we'll see Jenkins healthy, happy, and productive here for the next several seasons.

I read an article last fall that said his father had the same problem, but that when you recover from this injury the ligament or whatever it was is actually stronger, so in the long run this could actually help his career. Not saying I know about this personally, just telling you what I read. Though I remember when I read it I thought, uh oh, what about his other knee?

Maybe Trey knows something about this.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football