DeAngelo Hall Raves about RGIII

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

DeAngelo Hall Raves about RGIII

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Even the players are excited about RGIII.

DeAngelo Hall raves about Robert Griffin

In 10 days, the guy who wore No. 10 at Baylor could be in line to be the 27th man to start a game at quarterback for the Redskins in the 27 years since Joe Theismann’s leg broke into two pieces.

And that’s perfectly fine with cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

“We’re excited to bring R.G. to the city,” Hall told LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan. “He’s the Prince of D.C. Obama’s the king, he’s the prince without a doubt.”

Hall has high expectations for Griffin. “I think he can impact this team like Cam [Newton] did,” Hall said. “Obviously with a better defense, a little more weapons around him than Cam had. I think the kid’s electric.” (Panthers receiver Steve Smith may have something to say to Hall about they when Carolina comes to FedEx Field this season.)

Still, Hall doesn’t think comparisons to his former Falcons teammate, Mike Vick, are warranted. “A lot of people liken him to Michael Vick because he’s a black guy and he’s fast, but his mentality compared to what Mike’s was when he came into the league is 360 — just totally different,” Hall said.

We think Hall means 180. Regardless, he likes Griffin. A lot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-griffin/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I heard the interview today on the 106.7 The Fan and besides RGIII buying into RGIII, Hall said that Raheem Morris took a look at Hall's "game" and showed him the flaws. Hall said that he wants to work on those flaws. Hall has always had the athleticism to be an elite corner. Now with a coach that he trusts, we might see a an all pro Hall.

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: DeAngelo Hall Raves about RGIII

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Still, Hall doesn’t think comparisons to his former Falcons teammate, Mike Vick, are warranted. “A lot of people liken him to Michael Vick because he’s a black guy and he’s fast, but his mentality compared to what Mike’s was when he came into the league is 360 — just totally different,” Hall said.

ROTFALMAO
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Red_One43 wrote:I heard the interview today on the 106.7 The Fan and besides RGIII buying into RGIII, Hall said that Raheem Morris took a look at Hall's "game" and showed him the flaws. Hall said that he wants to work on those flaws. Hall has always had the athleticism to be an elite corner. Now with a coach that he trusts, we might see a an all pro Hall.

I hope so. I don't think I can take another year of Hall living off his reputation for "making plays." You know what I call making a play? Tackling your guy if he catches the ball. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 am

Red_One43 wrote:I heard the interview today on the 106.7 The Fan and besides RGIII buying into RGIII, Hall said that Raheem Morris took a look at Hall's "game" and showed him the flaws. Hall said that he wants to work on those flaws. Hall has always had the athleticism to be an elite corner. Now with a coach that he trusts, we might see a an all pro Hall.

I hope so.

He gets a lot of stick around here but I like Hall, he has a lot of heart AND a lot of talent. Where he's found lacking is in his decision-making, and the good thing about that is that can be taught and worked on with good coaches.

Morris could make an immense difference to things next year, Hall's comments about him seem to confirm that.

His 'They should cut me' outburst after the Dalals game last year showed he cares, he's not there just to count his money, he really wants to succeed.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 am

Hopefully, the consequence of drafting our new franchise qb will be that Hall and his defensive colleagues can sit on the sidelines a lot more.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 am

...or at least on the field with a fat lead! :)

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:...or at least on the field with a fat lead! :)

Amen to that!

Surely some of Hall's attempts to force a turnover were a little out of desperation. You know, chasing the game with a stuttering offense kinda thing. If we do boss more games and have a lead to protect then he wont have that same pressure on him and he can concentrate on defending the pass....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 am

With the front seven we should be putting on the field next season, I'm hoping there won't be many passes to defend.....
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

I hope so. I don't think I can take another year of Hall living off his reputation for "making plays." You know what I call making a play? Tackling your guy if he catches the ball. :lol:

Or, not letting him catch it in the first place. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 am

"tackling the guy when he catches it" or "not letting him make the catch" would both be a welcome change to his current philosophy of "run around near my guy, check out what color his belt is."
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

:lol: @ everyone's comments.. and I totally agree with all of them. :shock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 am

His 'They should cut me' outburst after the Dalals game last year showed he cares, he's not there just to count his money, he really wants to succeed.

Hardly. If he meant what he said, he would have cut himself. :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 am

Never been a huge D Hall fan myself, seemed to me to be a bit overrated and a bit weak on coverage and tackling. But, as others have mentioned, if we can field an offense who will put some points on the board, and not turn the ball over as much.....then this will hopefully help out our defense.

Hope our new secondary coach will not only prove beneficial to D. Hall, but to all the recent secondary acquisitions as that part of our team will look totally different this season.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

Countertrey wrote:

Hardly. If he meant what he said, he would have cut himself. :twisted:

:lol:

he said what he knew us fans wanted to hear since he grew up a fan himself.

but I think CT is right though
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football