Gaffney says Redskins shopping him

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 pm

maybe ... they did not get any offers and thought they'd back pedal

maybe ... get the other receivers to think that Gaffney might be taking a roster spot

who knows :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:49 am

SkinsJock wrote:Thanks 1niksder - confirmation that Mike is just trying to do the right thing ..... again :wink:

I'm confused. I thought Shannahan was ego maniac that was only interested in making himself look like the smartest guy in the room? /sarcasm
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 am

as I've said before - I don't like the person but ....

I do like Mike Shanahan the HC

and

I do like Mike Shanahan the FO guy

this franchise is in better shape because we have one of the best HCs in the NFC East ... I know that the record is 12-20, the main reason for that is not Mike Shanahan

we are a lot better off because of Mike Shanahan

We do not have all the details about Gaffney but it would not surprise me if Mike maybe was trying to help him out and thought that there was still a chance that Gaffney might not get picked up

Gaffney helped here last season but he might find it a little more difficult to get on this roster this season

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:55 am

I'm not sure about this "mike is trying to do the right thing" stuff. Why is keeping Gaffney an issue of "doing the right thing" in the first place?

I'd say he's telling the world we might keep Gaffney so other teams might be willing to trade a late pick for him instead of just waiting for us to release him.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 am

bidnezzz... just bidnezzz...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

riggofan wrote:I'd say he's telling the world we might keep Gaffney so other teams might be willing to trade a late pick for him instead of just waiting for us to release him.

+1
It'll be interesting if Gaffney is still on the team after this weekend.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:maybe ... they did not get any offers and thought they'd back pedal

They told him if they can't trade him they are cutting him and then needed to "back pedal" because they found out they couldn't trade him?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

well .... let's call it "draft week speak .. " :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm not sure that Gaffney's here next week ... and I don't think he thinks so either ....

altho ... he might have found pictures ... or something .... :roll:

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:maybe ... they did not get any offers and thought they'd back pedal

They told him if they can't trade him they are cutting him and then needed to "back pedal" because they found out they couldn't trade him?

It was never reported that they told hin that they would cut him he wasn't traded.

What came out after Gaffney reported the team was trying to trade him was that the rumors inside that organization was that they would cut him if he wasn't traded.

The difference is if Gaffney said it, it is reliable info. If it is just "rumors around the organization" then it isn't reliable!

Why would the team leak that they were going to cut him if they can't trade him? It makes no sense because it kills his trade value (what little there is).

I firmly believe that if they can't trade him he will be on the team until they need the cap space to sign rookies. And if he looks better in mini camps then some of the other players he might stick around.

What MS said at the press conference makes it sound like they don't expect Haffney to make the team because they have younger players they would rather fill his spot. But it also sounded liked he want just going to cut the guy until he new he can afford to cut him.

If you were just starting the guys that are the most productive nfl players then he is easily a starter. If your more concerned about next year than this year you then you let him go.

But if you want to win more games this year you keep him!

Same for Cooley.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:It was never reported that they told hin that they would cut him he wasn't traded

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 pm

sometimes it's like shooting fish in a barrel around here :lol:

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:It was never reported that they told hin that they would cut him he wasn't traded

Ok, I stand corrected. I was going offstage interview I heard from him.

It is funny how they never quoted him wrt the team releasing him.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Ok, I stand corrected. I was going offstage interview I heard from him.

It is funny how they never quoted him wrt the team releasing him.

No problem

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football