Early Lines

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk
Posts: 4258
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Early Lines

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 pm

We are 9 point dogs at New Orleans in the opener.

The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10220
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Early Lines

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:14 pm

DarthMonk wrote:We are 9 point dogs at New Orleans in the opener.

The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.

DarthMonk


If I weren't such a homer, I would say it could be a good bet to take the Saints now. We're obviously doing nothing to not be starting a rookie in that game and the spread could keep going up. I won't, I never pick against the Redskins no matter how certain I am we're going to lose. But sometimes I think about "what if I weren't a homer?" But it's not going to change, I believe living life all in.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm thinking just the opposite. After the pre-season, the odds will tighten up. I've got a feeling we are going to look strong, and the Saints are going to look lost.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Deadskins wrote:I've got a feeling we are going to look strong, and the Saints are going to look lost.


I agree bro, we'll get to see if it's really Brees' team or was it Peyton's
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4258
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Early Lines

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 pm

DarthMonk wrote:The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.


What a great piece of scheduling. Think both teams will want this one more than usual?

Darthmonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Early Lines

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:We are 9 point dogs at New Orleans in the opener.

The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.

DarthMonk


If I weren't such a homer, I would say it could be a good bet to take the Saints now. We're obviously doing nothing to not be starting a rookie in that game and the spread could keep going up. I won't, I never pick against the Redskins no matter how certain I am we're going to lose. But sometimes I think about "what if I weren't a homer?" But it's not going to change, I believe living life all in.


So, are you a gambler? I ask because I always feel this way. I'll never actually pick against the skins (even when I know I should) because that's not how my faith works. Therefore, I don't often find myself gambling (never mind my allergy to wasting my money).

But I gotta believe that betting on the skins in this game might be a smart move with all of the turmoil the saints will be going through in this one.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ
Posts: 13104
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Deadskins wrote:I'm thinking just the opposite. After the pre-season, the odds will tighten up. I've got a feeling we are going to look strong, and the Saints are going to look lost.


we have not done anything except to win the off-season trophy and for many years in a row

we even lost that title to the iggles last season but ...

we will not be taken for granted for much longer ...

these guys are doing a good job rebuilding this franchise after the incredible damage inflicted by dumb and dumber

for now, betting lines mean absolutely nothing ... :roll:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm lumping on the skins for this one. Usually I wouldn't touch this fixture but:

1. We'll be well prepared. Last season we defeated the eventual champions on opening day. This time we'll have a proper QB and we won't have a lockout situation to hamper our offseason. Last year's start proved that a fully fit and confident Redskins can be a match for anyone.

2. The Saints will be in a very weird place. Who will be coaching them for this game? They're going to have 2 different coaches next season with Payton presumably returning after that. How will the players react to that?

Get in early in case they look in disarray or we look good in preseason as the odds will drop.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15915
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I'm thinking just the opposite. After the pre-season, the odds will tighten up. I've got a feeling we are going to look strong, and the Saints are going to look lost.


we have not done anything except to win the off-season trophy and for many years in a row

we even lost that title to the iggles last season but ...

we will not be taken for granted for much longer ...

these guys are doing a good job rebuilding this franchise after the incredible damage inflicted by dumb and dumber

for now, betting lines mean absolutely nothing ... :roll:

What's your point? The title of the thread is Early lines. Betting lines are the subject, so if your opinion is that they mean nothing, why even post in the thread, other than to regurgitate the same old drivel?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13104
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:14 am

:shock: excuse me for posting

hopefully the rest of the day is better for you ... NOT :twisted:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

DarthMonk
Posts: 4258
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Early Lines

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:01 pm

DarthMonk wrote:We are 9 point dogs at New Orleans in the opener.

The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.

DarthMonk


We are now +9.5 at the Saints. We are then Pick'em at the Rams and -1.5 for our home opener against the Bengals.

Our under/over for wins is 6.5.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4258
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Early Lines

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:We are 9 point dogs at New Orleans in the opener.

The Steelers are 1.5 point dogs at Denver.

DarthMonk


We are now +9.5 at the Saints. We are then Pick'em at the Rams and -1.5 for our home opener against the Bengals.

Our under/over for wins is 6.5.

DarthMonk


I see a few ways to read this.

1 We are getting a lot of respect from Vegas. They say the Saints are less than 7 points better than the 'Skins on a neutral field, that we are 3 points better than the Rams on a neutral field, and that the Bengals (playoff team) are only 1.5 points better than the 'Skins on a neutral field.

2 We are being played by Vegas. They see us losing all 3 games (big to the Saints) and winning 6 or fewer but know we will bet on our team no matter what.

Which is it?

I think I'm gonna lay a sawbuck on us and LET IT RIDE!

Image

Great movie, BTW.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League