Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby the poster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Uh, oh......problems with the latest savior in DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now, of course, I already know what you're going to say, at least the stuff that I actually read of you people: the football related stuff...

1. Ha....unnamed source, the source is wrong/idiot/unnamed therefore is wrong/useless
2. Insert a successful QB (Cam Newton, whoever) who also had bad reviews prior to draft.
3. You don't care, you don't want to hear about it. (Go hide your head in the sand).


Now, I'll tell you why *I* find this interesting. Because, like MOST of you, all I've seen of RG3 are YouTube "HIGHLIGHTS". And I found something very alarming about those videos. 90% plus of the actual highlights of any video you find comprises one of two types of plays:

1. RG3 running with the ball up the middle. (that highlight will be removed in the N.F.L. because it's not going to happen much at all, if ever)

2. RG3 throwing a bomb to a one on one receiver who has a step or two or five on the corner.

What's curiously missing are plays where he steps up in the pocket, with defenders on him and him throwing 15 yard darts accross the middle in small windows.....because THATS what's required in THE NFL.

And if they bomb on this pick, ha....it will put the nail in the coffin on this franchise that Snyder has been driving into the ground since 2000.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby CPallDAY08 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:59 pm

the poster wrote:Uh, oh......problems with the latest savior in DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now, of course, I already know what you're going to say, at least the stuff that I actually read of you people: the football related stuff...

1. Ha....unnamed source, the source is wrong/idiot/unnamed therefore is wrong/useless
2. Insert a successful QB (Cam Newton, whoever) who also had bad reviews prior to draft.
3. You don't care, you don't want to hear about it. (Go hide your head in


Now, I'll tell you why *I* find this interesting. Because, like MOST of you, all I've seen of RG3 are YouTube "HIGHLIGHTS". And I found something very alarming about those videos. 90% plus of the actual highlights of any video you find comprises one of two types of plays:

1. RG3 running with the ball up the middle. (that highlight will be removed in the N.F.L. because it's not going to happen much at all, if ever)

2. RG3 throwing a bomb to a one on one receiver who has a step or two or five on the corner.

What's curiously missing are plays where he steps up in the pocket, with defenders on him and him throwing 15 yard darts accross the middle in small windows.....because THATS what's required in THE NFL.

And if they bomb on this pick, ha....it will put the nail in the coffin on this franchise that Snyder has been driving into the ground since 2000.


Very negative. Question champ, when you watch qb highlight tapes are they usually filled with boring 10-15 yard routes? No they are filled with touchdowns, bombs, the kinds of plays that make people ooh and ahh. Secondly, as soon as I came across, "he's mike Vick but not as good a thrower" I stopped reading the article.

There's a reason the source was unnamed. Garbage article.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11168
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:02 pm

CPallDAY08 wrote:There's a reason the source was unnamed. Garbage article.


Actually, the article isn't terrible, as it questions the intelligence and insight of the scout in question — not to mention it points out the obvious responses to what he says.

What's garbage, as everyone from PFT to THN to media outlets will point out, of course, is what the unnamed source has to say.

That's some pretty thin gruel the cynics are living off of nowadays.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:49 pm

You're right Irn, the article linked actually seems to take a "yeah, ok, whatever you say unnamed multiple scouts". It makes the very good point that it would seem rather odd that this "character issue" with RG3 went ENTIRELY unnoticed by EVERYONE other than these few given the spotlight, access and free flow of information.

So, in other words, nothing to see here, moving on.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:29 pm

I don't put a lot of stock in this.....especially the non football criticism's. The unnamed scout could be from a team who lost in the trade deal with the Rams for the no. 2 pick.....just trying to toss some cold water on us. The Baylor coach did mention how RGIII got along with his teammates in the audio interview.....would give a listen to the named coach on this topic vice unnamed scout.

Just watching second part of interview with Chick Hearn and still impressed with what i see. Chick even addressed this issue at the end saying basically what athlete at his level is not a bit selfish?

On the potential issues with his play.....we know that Luck was supposed to be the qb most ready to start between the two. But, apparently our coaching staff has reviewed the tape, and interviewed RGIII, and believe strongly that he can not only work within our system, but excel at his position.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 pm

the poster wrote:Uh, oh......problems with the latest savior in DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now, of course, I already know what you're going to say, at least the stuff that I actually read of you people: the football related stuff...
1. Ha....unnamed source, the source is wrong/idiot/unnamed therefore is wrong/useless
2. Insert a successful QB (Cam Newton, whoever) who also had bad reviews prior to draft.
3. You don't care, you don't want to hear about it. (Go hide your head in the sand).


Now, I'll tell you why *I* find this interesting. Because, like MOST of you, all I've seen of RG3 are YouTube "HIGHLIGHTS". And I found something very alarming about those videos. 90% plus of the actual highlights of any video you find comprises one of two types of plays:

1. RG3 running with the ball up the middle. (that highlight will be removed in the N.F.L. because it's not going to happen much at all, if ever)

2. RG3 throwing a bomb to a one on one receiver who has a step or two or five on the corner.


What's curiously missing are plays where he steps up in the pocket, with defenders on him and him throwing 15 yard darts accross the middle in small windows.....because THATS what's required in THE NFL.

And if they bomb on this pick, ha....it will put the nail in the coffin on this franchise that Snyder has been driving into the ground since 2000.


Very interesting.

From the same writer, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)."

1 min 10 sec vid stepping up and delivering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMm2qGMGV8Q

Gosh, Browns fans must be at the end of their rope. Bummer.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:55 pm

I think we need a "selfish" QB. The article didn't give any examples but y'all know me... I had to check it out. The un-named source is correct, for a QB with as many pass attempts as RGIII, he gave up very few interceptions compared to the others coming out this year and the guy he'll replace.

He's not a likeable person... correct again, who likes a guy that's always throwing around phases like "yes sir", "thank you" and "may I comment on that"... We a guy that's going to say "yep you better believe that sh..", "uh huh" and " wait one f..... minute"

Most real leaders aren't loved by those the go into battle with.

And it's not like any of this came out before the Colts made it known that Luck was their man. RGIII to the Skins = no longer a media darling.

He'll get use to it... Joey T. did and nobody liked him when he was the leader of the Washington Redskins.

Redskins fan don't need names... we read it just to see if it's a un-named source or a source close to the situation that wishes to remain anonymous.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
the poster wrote:Uh, oh......problems with the latest savior in DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now, of course, I already know what you're going to say, at least the stuff that I actually read of you people: the football related stuff...
1. Ha....unnamed source, the source is wrong/idiot/unnamed therefore is wrong/useless
2. Insert a successful QB (Cam Newton, whoever) who also had bad reviews prior to draft.
3. You don't care, you don't want to hear about it. (Go hide your head in the sand).


Now, I'll tell you why *I* find this interesting. Because, like MOST of you, all I've seen of RG3 are YouTube "HIGHLIGHTS". And I found something very alarming about those videos. 90% plus of the actual highlights of any video you find comprises one of two types of plays:

1. RG3 running with the ball up the middle. (that highlight will be removed in the N.F.L. because it's not going to happen much at all, if ever)

2. RG3 throwing a bomb to a one on one receiver who has a step or two or five on the corner.


What's curiously missing are plays where he steps up in the pocket, with defenders on him and him throwing 15 yard darts accross the middle in small windows.....because THATS what's required in THE NFL.

And if they bomb on this pick, ha....it will put the nail in the coffin on this franchise that Snyder has been driving into the ground since 2000.


Very interesting.

From the same writer, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)."

1 min 10 sec vid stepping up and delivering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMm2qGMGV8Q

Gosh, Browns fans must be at the end of their rope. Bummer.

DarthMonk


I like what you did there...

:up:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4645
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:54 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
the poster wrote:Uh, oh......problems with the latest savior in DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now, of course, I already know what you're going to say, at least the stuff that I actually read of you people: the football related stuff...
1. Ha....unnamed source, the source is wrong/idiot/unnamed therefore is wrong/useless
2. Insert a successful QB (Cam Newton, whoever) who also had bad reviews prior to draft.
3. You don't care, you don't want to hear about it. (Go hide your head in the sand).


Now, I'll tell you why *I* find this interesting. Because, like MOST of you, all I've seen of RG3 are YouTube "HIGHLIGHTS". And I found something very alarming about those videos. 90% plus of the actual highlights of any video you find comprises one of two types of plays:

1. RG3 running with the ball up the middle. (that highlight will be removed in the N.F.L. because it's not going to happen much at all, if ever)

2. RG3 throwing a bomb to a one on one receiver who has a step or two or five on the corner.


What's curiously missing are plays where he steps up in the pocket, with defenders on him and him throwing 15 yard darts accross the middle in small windows.....because THATS what's required in THE NFL.

And if they bomb on this pick, ha....it will put the nail in the coffin on this franchise that Snyder has been driving into the ground since 2000.


Very interesting.

From the same writer, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)."

1 min 10 sec vid stepping up and delivering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMm2qGMGV8Q

Gosh, Browns fans must be at the end of their rope. Bummer.

DarthMonk


I like what you did there...

:up:


I do what I can, mate. Someone did it to me once and I admired it.

One more week and Bob's our uncle.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Last year, a scathing assessment of quarterback Cam Newton from Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly stirred up a storm of criticism and debate in the weeks preceding the draft.

In the end, the critique didn’t keep Newton from being the first overall pick in the draft. Or from having the best rookie season of any quarterback in NFL history.

This year, with the Redskins in the process of converting their penciled-in selection of Griffin to tattoo ink, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel shares some negative views on Griffin, from multiple unnamed scouts.


Sounds like these journalist learned a lesson from last year - this is the time to get your 15 minutes of fame - wait until the week before the draft and bash the most popular potential draftee.

If there were real concerns about Griffin’s treatment of others and/or selfishness, the information surely would have come out a long time ago, not long after Griffin’s spot at the top of the draft board was secured.


Thanks all that needs to be said on this subject.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sm-of-rg3/


Now on this subject:

“‘I don’t think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He’s just running around winging it. He’s [Michael] Vick, but not as good a thrower.’


The Eagles version of Vick is not too shabby when it comes to pocket presence especially with their weak line. This sounds like kindergarten journalism - "He's just running around winging it." Talk to the Cowboys fans about that Vick dude running around winging it. Super Bowl champ Giants couldn't sweep Vick. Giant fans are still talking about that Vick comeback in 2010 If RGIII can escape the rush like Vick ... Heck, this is actually a compliment.

BTW Cowboys scouts have a lot to say about RGIII:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... receivers/

Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby the poster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm


Very interesting.

fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)."


the boy genius had the lowest wonderlic score of any of the top qbs entering this years draft. how could that be?? he's gods gift to everything....or so we been told so far..

Btw the worst talent evaluator is not this unnamed source. the worst talent evaluator of all time is something called NEED. many a team have been swindled in trades or evaluated a player in drafts incorrectly when they've chased their need irrationally.

three first round drafts picks and a high second round draft pick for one skinny college kid appears from the outside to be irrational. we'll see as the years go on.

defining this as a need for Washington is the obvious part. the redskins have delivered smoke signals on how desperate they are with the largest trade of high drafts for one player in the history of the sport. is is beyond a qb...this is a franchise who is desperate to bring excitement ...the owner must be tired of the 17-10 yawn fests in front of a half empty stadium for the final 3 home games every single year.

we'll find out soon enough if their desperation didn't clog their evaluation....here's hoping for your sake that rg3 is in Tom Brady company and quickly to validate this needy move.

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Some just hate and enjoy it. Some people are just plain evil. Things do not go well enough in their lives and they just want to make sure everyone else feel as worthless as themselves. I do not always agree with all here but one thing I know is, we are almost all Redskins fans. There is nothing that will stop it either. Even winning will bring hate. All we can hope for is people like the poster making friends in life that can point him in the right direction.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Some notable Wonderlic scores:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48
2. Alex Smith 40
3. Eli Manning 39
4. Matt Stafford 38
5. Tony Romo 37
6. Aaron Rodgers 35
6. Matt Leinart 35
8. Tom Brady 33
9. Matt Ryan 32
10. Matt Schaub 31
11. Philip Rivers 30
12. Matt Hasselbeck 29
12. Marc Bulger 29
12. Brady Quinn 29
15. Mark Sanchez 28
15. Peyton Manning 28
15. Drew Brees 28
18. Josh Freeman 27
18. Joe Flacco 27
20. Carson Palmer 26
20. Jay Cutler 26
20. Kyle Orton 26
23. Ben Roethlisberger 25
24. RGIII 24
25. Jason Campbell 23
26. Brett Favre 22
26. Tim Tebow 22
26. Chad Henne 22
29. Cam Newton 21
30. Mike Vick 20
31. Bruce Gradkowski 19
32. Vince Young 15
32. Dan Marino 15
32. Jim Kelly 15
35. Donovan McNabb 14
36. David Garrard 14

So those scores are obviously a great indicator of future NFL success. The correlation is so strong, one wonders why they even make them play the games. They should just award Ryan Fitzpatrick's team the Lombardi trophy every season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Criticsm of RG3 surfaces

Postby the poster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Even winning will bring hate.


your team has won nothing but last place for four straight seasons.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14834
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Don't want to do it... but why are there 12 responses to this thread? It would make me very happy if no one answers...

:roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football