Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock

Postby SidelineScouting » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:46 am

At Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. We’ll be doing one more the night before the draft, but otherwise this is one of our final mocks with the draft coming up in a week. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for Washington. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think of the picks we gave the Redskins?

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 am

This site is thorough. I like the positional rankings and details that you have for each player.

With that said, I think-aside from RG3--the mock for the Skins a bit off. I can't see the Skins getting out of this draft without taking at least one tackle. Safety is not where I think the team is focused on going with the 3rd Round pick. Mitchell Schwartz, Donald Stephenson, LaMichael James, all might be players that could help us right away.

I'd go James in 3. Stephenson in 4. Nigel Bradham in 4.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:59 am

The Hogster wrote:This site is thorough. I like the positional rankings and details that you have for each player.

With that said, I think-aside from RG3--the mock for the Skins a bit off. I can't see the Skins getting out of this draft without taking at least one tackle. Safety is not where I think the team is focused on going with the 3rd Round pick. Mitchell Schwartz, Donald Stephenson, LaMichael James, all might be players that could help us right away.

Hogster, I agree with your response, except for LaMichael James. Why do you think we'd be looking to take a running back before a Tackle(R), Guard or Center prospect? I think we'd want the best available of those 3 in the 3rd.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 am

emoses14 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This site is thorough. I like the positional rankings and details that you have for each player.

Hogster, I agree with your response, except for LaMichael James. Why do you think we'd be looking to take a running back before a Tackle(R), Guard or Center prospect? I think we'd want the best available of those 3 in the 3rd.

Because I think LaMichael James is a potential star who is being unfairly downgraded due to his size. IMO he's the second best RB in this draft, and he's projected to be available in 3. He can change our offense in a way we haven't seen. I am not of the mind that you pass on a guy like that, for a less talented guy at a need position. A lot of teams didn't need a RB when Ray Rice was drafted. I think they'd like a do over.

I also think that some guys who fit better with our scheme will be available in 4. OT Donald Stephenson from Oklahoma is one of the most athletic Tackles in the draft. Phillip Blake is rated a 4th-5th round player. And, there are other intriguing guys who will be available in the mid rounds. In short, I think we can add guys at 3 positions who can impact our roster this year. James, Stephenson, and perhaps an ILB or CB or interior lineman.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

OK, that's fair.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Re: Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock

Postby Morgan33 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 am

SidelineScouting wrote:At Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. We’ll be doing one more the night before the draft, but otherwise this is one of our final mocks with the draft coming up in a week. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for Washington. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

I agree with RG3 obviously and I like the JMJ pick but not in the forth.

3rd - James Michael Johnson - lb - nevada
4th - Phillip Blake - c - baylor - montgomery back to G
4th - Nick Toon - WR - Wisconson -Trade talks about GAffney (would not mind a OT here)
5th - Levy Adcock - OT - Oklahoma St
6th - Phillip Thomas - S - Syracuse - Plays similar to the Late Sean Taylor
7th - Marcel Jones - OT - Nebraska - fits our scheme

after the draft - resign Hightower,

Undrafted FA - OG, QB, TE, DT

THoughts?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Nick Toons? My son watches those. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Re: Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock

Postby yupchagee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

SidelineScouting wrote:At Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. We’ll be doing one more the night before the draft, but otherwise this is one of our final mocks with the draft coming up in a week. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for Washington. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

I like who you have us picking. Probably the best mock I have seen.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football