Cooley

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:38 am

ATX_Skins wrote:^^^ :roll:

So anyways... As someone posted earlier, I actually could see Cooley getting released if LP has a good offseason. 6.23 against the cap...

It comes down to his health status.

Knee seems to be holding up but he had a strain muscle this week and he was visibly limping.

I would want him to be healthy and play for us BUT this may be his last year with us. I also feel that he would be a good and charismatic person in TV.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 am

The reality is he's only here if he shows he's better suited for what we need than the other players vying for the spot

What he makes is not a factor

What he's done is not a factor

What he might do if he's healthy is not a factor

Mike has made it very clear - all of these players (except 1 :D ) are competing for roster spots

the players that are going to make this team will be those that can best help the team going forward and not because of what they've done in the past or what they make

If Cooley's healthy he'll be one of them - simple really :wink:
Hail to the Redskins

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:^^^ :roll:

So anyways... As someone posted earlier, I actually could see Cooley getting released if LP has a good offseason. 6.23 against the cap...

It comes down to his health status.

Knee seems to be holding up but he had a strain muscle this week and he was visibly limping.

I would want him to be healthy and play for us BUT this may be his last year with us. I also feel that he would be a good and charismatic person in TV.

A year off, go to practice and limping... no bueno.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 am

Speaking more-so with my heart than brain, I want us to find a way to keep him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Speaking more-so with my heart than brain, I want us to find a way to keep him.

actually Chris - I hope we see both Cooley and Santana on the roster and playing well this season

Our offense is only going to get better over the next year or two and it would be great to see these 2 helping RGIII begin his NFL career
Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Speaking more-so with my heart than brain, I want us to find a way to keep him.

Speaking from mu head and my heart, but mainly my head, we need to find a way to keep him. We have no oner that is proven to be better than him. We have a guy that has the talent to be better, but never has. And that player failed for drug tests last year.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan98 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Chris Cooley needs to for sure stay healthy. With him being injured it does us no good. Fred Davis could become a stellar player by learning from Chris. Chris is also still young, so we're looking at a couple of good years with him and hoping to a bright future with Fred Davis.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Apparently the limping we all saw on the video was due to a pulled groin muscle, and has nothing to do with his knee. Shanahan was talking him up, so I think we will see Cooley on the team this season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 am

Deadskins wrote:Apparently the limping we all saw on the video was due to a pulled groin muscle, and has nothing to do with his knee. Shanahan was talking him up, so I think we will see Cooley on the team this season.

Nobody said that it had anything to do with the knee to begin with.

Problem arises when an athlete begins to have his body complain and the way of complaining is having an injury after another.

Sure, he might be back but it will not be for more than a year. I want him to be here when we have a real QB. He had to put up with wannabes QBs most of his pro career. His experience and leadership count too. So, I am in IF he is healthy.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:06 am

Deadskins wrote:Apparently the limping we all saw on the video was due to a pulled groin muscle, and has nothing to do with his knee. Shanahan was talking him up, so I think we will see Cooley on the team this season.

What limping are you talking about? I haven't seen anything. I haven't heard one report talk about him limping. Both of the local radio insiders that see him more than any of us have been asked about his health and they have both say he looks healthy and have mentioned nothing about a limp.

I will see him in person tomorrow,, so I we look to see if I can see any limp.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:50 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

What limping are you talking about? I haven't seen anything. I haven't heard one report talk about him limping. Both of the local radio insiders that see him more than any of us have been asked about his health and they have both say he looks healthy and have mentioned nothing about a limp.

Red_One43 wrote:
it was posted on the boards that Cooley appeared to be favoring one of his legs in the OTA video posted.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 557#579557

At the the end of the video, Cooley is favoring one of his legs. Link is below

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/05/21/vid ... 12-season/

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday that tight end Chris Cooley's knee is OK but his groin was strained. The injury isn't believed to be serious. Cooley has been able to practice on the knee without any swelling or setbacks, much to the delight of Shanahan.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... k/10913159

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am

Red_One43 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Red_One43 wrote:
it was posted on the boards that Cooley appeared to be favoring one of his legs in the OTA video posted.
z

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday that tight end Chris Cooley's knee is OK but his groin was strained. The injury isn't believed to be serious. Cooley has been able to practice on the knee without any swelling or setbacks, much to the delight of Shanahan.

R1 43,
Thanks. That was what people were freaking out about. A slight hitch in his giidyup for 1/2 a second at the end of a video. Something that is no longer relevant, since he has been healthy for the past two weeks of OTAs.

People are grasping here.

I really watch him tomorrow to see if he has a gimpy gate at all. I'll let everyone know how he looks.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:People are grasping here.

... and not just on one side of the issue(s).

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Are you referencing this video from May 21st?

That would mean what Shanny is talking about this past Thursday (May 31st) groin strain, has been lingering on for 10 days and not a new injury.

Often when players compensate for a knee injury, they aggravate muscles of other areas, so it is possible that the groin strain is related to the knee.

Here's the evidence that makes me believe that Cooley is not healthy:

Chris Cooley said last week:
“I feel the best I’ve felt,” he said. “It’s to the point that I trust I’m healthy. It’s tough to know but I’ve worked hard enough and ran hard enough and I’ve had no swelling.”

"The best, I've felt?" He left off the "since when" part.
Note that he is not saying that he is 100% or that he will be by training camp. He is saying only that he "trusts" that he is healthy. Saying "trusts" is not very convincing even to oneself.

Your last statement about Shanahan, I agree with. Mike wants Cooley on the team and if Cooley can help this team win as a back up TE, as a back up HB, FB, he will be on the team. I am not optimistic about him regaining his form that sent him to the Pro Bowl.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... ove/637926

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Red_One43 wrote:
z

R1 43,
Thanks. That was what people were freaking out about. A slight hitch in his giidyup for 1/2 a second at the end of a video. Something that is no longer relevant, since he has been healthy for the past two weeks of OTAs.

People are grasping here.

I really watch him tomorrow to see if he has a gimpy gate at all. I'll let everyone know how he looks.

Love your optimism. There are still two months until training camp.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football