Cooley

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 pm

There isn't ANY report from either said that is valid about CC.. just that we are talking with them, like we do almost every year.
Not that it.matters but many people can be in those conversations, I'm hoping its AAA, with Bay having issues and us acquiring Garçon, his role will be slim to none here.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:37 am

DFTT... :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:There isn't ANY report from either said that is valid about CC.. just that we are talking with them, like we do almost every year.
Not that it.matters but many people can be in those conversations, I'm hoping its AAA, with Bay having issues and us acquiring Garçon, his role will be slim to none here.

I heard the rumor from a Oakland reporter early yesterday and it gained steam from there. I asked him about the status of the rumor this morning and he said it's not going to happen, but didn't know why.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

This is what trade rumors can do to a players concentration

—Chris Cooley caught a pass, took a few steps, and got the ball stripped away. That’s two fumbles in two days for him.

For whatever the reason, that doesn't look good for Cooley.
Last edited by Red_One43 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

He'll get it together. This one be trouble for a lesser player.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 am

Red_One43 wrote:This is what trade rumors can do to a players concentration

—Chris Cooley caught a pass, took a few steps, and got the ball stripped away. That’s two fumbles in two days for him.

For whatever the reason, that doesn't look good for Cooley.

I wouldn't say so. It isn't like he has had fumble issues in the past. He has put the ball on the ground 11 years in his eight years, but only lost 4 fumbles. That is pretty incredible considering how hard he fights for yards.
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am

That is one helluva stat... So long as his knee legs etc are working up to par the other football stuff will fall into place imo
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

Someone posted yesterday that Cooley got stripped twice but no one should read into that.

If a lesser player like Byrd or Quinn get stripped, then they have a problem b/c they're trying to make the roster.

No way we cut Cooley. Just doesn't make sense as a football team unless his knees are SHOT.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Someone posted yesterday that Cooley got stripped twice but no one should read into that.

If a lesser player like Byrd or Quinn get stripped, then they have a problem b/c they're trying to make the roster.

No way we cut Cooley. Just doesn't make sense as a football team unless his knees are SHOT.

I agree that no way Cooley gets cut, but do they ask him to take a pay cut?

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Healthwise, Cooley looking good!

John Keim‏@john_keim

Shanahan on cooley: I don't see any signs of the hamstring, the groin, the knee. #redskins

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Positves on Cooley are starting to roll out.

TE Chris Cooley on a running play sealed LOLB Rob Jackson out to the right. He blocked Jackson with his right shoulder and sealed the running lane inside.. Little things like that are the marks of a veteran. Coaches continue to say he looks like the old Chris. He has to hold up physically through the preseason games, though. If he does that, then there are good reasons to be optimistic about his season.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... report-81/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 pm

8/2

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

Chris Cooley just had a phenomenal diving catch, fully extended with Keenan Robinson draped on him. #Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:39 pm

My dawg!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Red_One43 wrote:8/2

Chris Cooley just had a phenomenal diving catch, fully extended with Keenan Robinson draped on him. #Redskins

Gonna play a llittle Devil's Advocate here. Keep in mind I love Cooley and want him to have a great year.

Catches like this can be a sign of a guy who can't separate any more. See Desmond Howard. He made all these great catches in college with guys draped on him. Turns out it was because he couldn't separate. Great return guy though.

I'm hoping this was just simply a great catch. I hear he's looking healthy.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:8/2

Gonna play a llittle Devil's Advocate here. Keep in mind I love Cooley and want him to have a great year.

Catches like this can be a sign of a guy who can't separate any more. See Desmond Howard. He made all these great catches in college with guys draped on him. Turns out it was because he couldn't separate. Great return guy though.

I'm hoping this was just simply a great catch. I hear he's looking healthy.

DarthMonk

A few of the beat writers have commented that Cooley is looking slower this year. You might have a point here especially keeping in mind that he is working with mostly with the second team.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football