Cooley

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:Look, I don't think Cooley is a top TE in this league.

And you are wrong.

Deadskins, I don't really care what your opinion is either.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

And you are wrong.

That wasn't his opinion, he was just stating the facts.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

And you are wrong.

That wasn't his opinion, he was just stating the facts.

To be fair, it's also my opinion. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow... a double whammy... a fact that is also an opinion...

You win!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Cooley is the man. Great player and no off-field issues. Plus he married a Redskins cheerleader and was hand-picked by Joe Gibbs. What's not to love?

His production and health?

[ducks]

How can you not like ducks!?!

Yeah man, he must be quackers!!!

(I'll get my coat....)

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm

frankcal20 wrote:One other thing though is that the Redskins are going to most likely play a lot of 21 personnel (2TE's, 1 RB)

21 personnel = 2 RB's and 1 TE. You are referring to a 12 personnel. Anyway, I agree
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 am

Countertrey wrote:Wow... a double whammy... a fact that is also an opinion...

You win!

Those are the best type of facts! Opinionated facts rule!!!

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Cooley said his knee feels good. He also weighs 237 pounds, the lightest of his career.

“I feel the best I’ve felt,” he said. “It’s to the point that I trust I’m healthy. It’s tough to know but I’ve worked hard enough and ran hard enough and I’ve had no swelling.”

What Cooley doesn't say is his knee is 100%. What he does say doesn't sound like confidence in his knee.

According to a team source, the Redskins haven’t approached Cooley about restructuring his contract either.

I see this as not good news for Cooley.
I am thinking, that the Skins will not approach Cooley about restructuring until they know that for sure he will be on the roster.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... ove/637926

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Rich Tandler:
Chris Cooley looking very fit, no wraps or braces on knee. Moving and cutting very well.

Contrary to Tandler's post, it was posted on the boards that Cooley appeared to be favoring one of his legs in the OTA video posted.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 557#579557

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/05/21/vid ... 12-season/

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... ubble.html

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Rich Tandler:
Chris Cooley looking very fit, no wraps or braces on knee. Moving and cutting very well.

Contrary to Tandler's post, it was posted on the boards that Cooley appeared to be favoring one of his legs in the OTA video posted.

I hear his weight is down too. He may struggle to carry the weight needed while maintaining a healthy knee. He could be in some trouble. Always thought of him as one of Gibbs' good choices. I'd hate to see him go but if he must ...

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:34 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Rich Tandler:

I hear his weight is down too. He may struggle to carry the weight needed while maintaining a healthy knee. He could be in some trouble. Always thought of him as one of Gibbs' good choices. I'd hate to see him go but if he must ...

DarthMonk

He can't lose too much more weight. At the beginning of last year he was down to 235lbs. My son was at his football camp last June (and will be again this June) and he looked too thin to be an NFL TE. I hope that he hasn't gotten any smaller.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

Red_One43 wrote:[ ... the Skins will not approach Cooley about restructuring until they know that for sure he will be on the roster.

+1 - all players will compete for roster spots
Cooley will have to earn his spot too - nothing is taken for granted here anymore

Cooley is preparing the best he can - losing weight might be a good thing in his estimation but may not suit what the coaches want
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 am

From Rich Tandler:

4. I will have a full article on Chris Cooley later today or tomorrow but I was surprised to hear him say that his weight is down to 237. That’s 18 pounds lighter than his listed weight of 255 and just a couple of pounds heavier than converted wide receiver Niles Paul. The lighter weight is great for running routes but not necessarily good when it comes to taking on 270-pound linebackers. We will see if Cooley can make up for his reduced bulk with leverage and technique when he needs to block. The answer to that will have to wait until training camp, when full-contact blocking is allowed, and the preseason games.

3. Speaking of Paul, he looked very good yesterday. Every time you looked up he was catching another dart from Griffin. That doesn’t mean that he is going to jump ahead of Cooley or Fred Davis on the depth chart but it can’t hurt to develop a good rapport with the starting quarterback.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/05/rts-5-cooley-sheds-some-pounds.html#tp

Can all 3 guys (Davis, Cooley, Paul) really be productive? I can see Paul really having a good year, he's my guess for breakout player. With Cooley and Paul both being small for TE's, maybe we see Davis having a more prototypical role?

...If all 3 guys are on the final 53, I think we'll see sets with all of them down near the goal line.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

Hog

Postby the poster » Thu May 24, 2012 6:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:+1 - all players will compete for roster spots
Cooley will have to earn his spot too - nothing is taken for granted here anymore

except apparently at Quarterback where In order to avoid annoying daily questions, it was necessary to name a stater before allowing anyone else to compete. a starter by the way who's never thrown an NFL pass before and who was the redskins plan B after they met with Peyton manning first but were told no.

ownership.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 am

TeeterSalad wrote:From Rich Tandler:

4. I will have a full article on Chris Cooley later today or tomorrow but I was surprised to hear him say that his weight is down to 237. That’s 18 pounds lighter than his listed weight of 255 and just a couple of pounds heavier than converted wide receiver Niles Paul. The lighter weight is great for running routes but not necessarily good when it comes to taking on 270-pound linebackers. We will see if Cooley can make up for his reduced bulk with leverage and technique when he needs to block. The answer to that will have to wait until training camp, when full-contact blocking is allowed, and the preseason games.

3. Speaking of Paul, he looked very good yesterday. Every time you looked up he was catching another dart from Griffin. That doesn’t mean that he is going to jump ahead of Cooley or Fred Davis on the depth chart but it can’t hurt to develop a good rapport with the starting quarterback.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/05/rts-5-cooley-sheds-some-pounds.html#tp

Can all 3 guys (Davis, Cooley, Paul) really be productive? I can see Paul really having a good year, he's my guess for breakout player. With Cooley and Paul both being small for TE's, maybe we see Davis having a more prototypical role?

...If all 3 guys are on the final 53, I think we'll see sets with all of them down near the goal line.

I think it's a big leap of faith to suggest that Paul might be a breakout player this year. To be fair though, you did say it was a guess! ;-)

The tight end position is one of the many interesting position battles to observe this offseason. I won't pretend that I have ANY idea how many tight ends will even be on the final roster. The intrigue surrounding Cooley's health and Paul changing positions makes the situation hard to call. The other wildcard is the Davis situation, and whether the management feel they can trust him to stay clean from now on.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football