He NEVER tapped out....!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

He NEVER tapped out....!!!

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 am

Ryan Kerrigan is a beast. He had a great rookie year:

68 tackles
40 solo
7.5 sacks led the D
37 qb pressure
1 int with a 9 yrd TD return

Remarkably, the 6-3, 264-pound outside linebacker was able to play every single defensive snap of his rookie campaign.

Coaches told him it would be that way before the season even started.

No tapping the helmet to signal he was tired. No coming over to the sideline for a breather. No taking a play off.
“I really took that to heart and tried to get in good shape,” he said. “I challenged myself every day.”

Not only did Kerrigan, 23, have to make sure he was well-conditioned, but he also monitored his diet to make sure his food intake was healthy and gave him enough energy to play every snap.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 038ee559a9
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 am

Sooo thrilled to see what his 2nd year looks like.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 am

emoses14 wrote:Sooo thrilled to see what his 2nd year looks like.
Oh, yeah... can't wait to see what this sharp kid can do with some quality time with the coaches and playbook under his belt...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 am

I think in two more seasons, Kerrigan will clearly be the better of the two between he and Orakpo!

Don't get me wrong, I love to watch Orakpo rush the passer, but he send intent on getting by on raw physical skills. I would love for him to develop some moves other than the speed rush. I would also like to see him learn when to flop. You know, when he its getting held and had no chance of getting to the QB he should fall too the ground to draw the holding call. Lefts gave it, how many times have you seen a pass rusher fall to the ground and draw a flag even if there isn't a hold!

Back to Kerrigan. I just think he will develop into a much more complete lb, because he wants to more than Orakpo.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 am

Both Kerrigan and Orakpo are easily my two favorite players on the team. The work hard, they say the right things to the media, and they bring the character of person that makes you proud to be a fan.

To say either is better/worse than the other is unfair to both guys. No doubt, with them both on the field, the make each other better. But they are different players. Orakpo has a physical talent that is second to none. Kerrigan has the kind of football IQ that makes you feel confident he will play well and make others look good. You put that combination together and you have something special.

They both need to improve in pass defense downflield and reading the plays, but all LBs these days are stuck covering some monster TEs and occasional WRs.

My next hope for the LB corps is to get a solid guy in the 3rd round to be Fletcher's eventual replacement.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football