Draft day stories from Vinny Cerrato

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 am

The Brian Orakpo Pick

(Washington took Orakpo 13th in the 2009 draft, one pick after the Denver Broncos drafted Knowshon Moreno.)

He thought it was funny that the Broncos didn't take advantage of him :shock:

LeSean McCoy
(Washington did not have a second-round pick in 2009, having traded it for Jason Taylor, but apparently the Skins considered moving up.)

The Redskins could have had McCoy but Vinny says it wasn't his vault he isn't with the Redskins :?

Trading Back

(In 2008, the Skins traded out of the first round, and then took the three pass catchers in the second.)

DeSean Jackson

(Also in that draft, DeSean Jackson went 49th, 15 picks after Devin Thomas and one pick after Fred Davis.)

:cry: Just a sad day....

But those days are gone \:D/
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 am

I don't know if Desean would have done anything with us anyway with no one to throw to him.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 am

He really does come across as being incredibly dumb. Seems to actually enjoy playing the role of village idiot: "Hey guys, look at me. I'm the dumbest one in here, but if you don't believe me, I'm going to keep talking until you DO believe".
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:He really does come across as being incredibly dumb. Seems to actually enjoy playing the role of village idiot: "Hey guys, look at me. I'm the dumbest one in here, but if you don't believe me, I'm going to keep talking until you DO believe".

:lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:26 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:He really does come across as being incredibly dumb. Seems to actually enjoy playing the role of village idiot: "Hey guys, look at me. I'm the dumbest one in here, but if you don't believe me, I'm going to keep talking until you DO believe".

Yeah, but then he leaves the studio, gets in his Bentley, and drives home to his mansion . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Draft day stories from Vinny Cerrato

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 am

I can't even bear to open that link. It was fun and games for Cerrato, and nothing but pain for Redskins fans.

Remember when he said that he offered two 1st rounders for a washed up Chad Johnson?

:lol: ](*,)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

Yeah, but then he leaves the studio, gets in his Bentley, and drives home to his mansion . . .

Nobody said that stupid people don't get wealthy. As long as the rest of his "career" is spent in TV or radio studios and not in the Redskins draft room, then I'll settle for that.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

piglet

Postby bigricky » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 am

The Skins had Moss and didn't want another Moss type receiver. Plus DJ had character issues. It's not Vinny's fault that the bums he drafted didn't want to work or had injuries.

I take that back I hate Vinny and the Skins old drafting process. What a bunch of dumb ***ks

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 am

Then Denver’s on the clock the pick before us, and I called them. How about this, I offer them a third-round pick to swap, and they called me back and they said No, you’re gonna get your guy, don’t worry about it, you don’t have to trade. How about that one? [Laughter.]

Wow! Denver must have taken pity on him, being so stupid and all. Why else would they not have jumped at getting another third rounder for nothing?

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Nobody said that stupid people don't get wealthy. As long as the rest of his "career" is spent in TV or radio studios and not in the Redskins draft room, then I'll settle for that.

I'd rather he go to work for Dallas, Philly or NY Giants.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 am

Warmother wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I'd rather he go to work for Dallas, Philly or NY Giants.

+1

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am

Deadskins wrote:
Then Denver’s on the clock the pick before us, and I called them. How about this, I offer them a third-round pick to swap, and they called me back and they said No, you’re gonna get your guy, don’t worry about it, you don’t have to trade. How about that one? [Laughter.]

Wow! Denver must have taken pity on him, being so stupid and all. Why else would they not have jumped at getting another third rounder for nothing?

To complete the deal they would have had to stay on the phone with Vinny for another 10 mins.

They came to the conclusion that talking to the guy wasn't worth getting a extra pick to drop one spot. :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 am

I was cringing when I clicked on this topic, scared of what I was about to read....

Wow. Whoever posted about Cerrato enjoying the role of village idiot, you really nailed it. The guy is just D-U-M dumb. That story about the Orakpo pick makes my bones hurt. Why would you ever admit to that if you didn't have to?

Hey Danny - want to know why our franchise has been an abysmal failure for a decade+? Read this article!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 am

I was cringing when I clicked on this topic, scared of what I was about to read....

Wow. Whoever posted about Cerrato enjoying the role of village idiot, you really nailed it. The guy is just D-U-M dumb. That story about the Orakpo pick makes my bones hurt. Why would you ever admit to that if you didn't have to?

Hey Danny - want to know why our franchise has been an abysmal failure for a decade+? Read this article!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:46 am

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

To complete the deal they would have had to stay on the phone with Vinny for another 10 mins.

They came to the conclusion that talking to the guy wasn't worth getting a extra pick to drop one spot. :D

Lol. Excellent return on investment analysis...

Cerrato comes off as so unprofessional whenever he's speaking or interviewed. I can't fathom how he sold himself as a bona fide executive...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football