Redskins draft picks.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:26 pm

they've cemented another last place finish once again. five years in a row!

the colts drafted their Andrew luck. you know what they didn't do? draft Kirk cousins.

last year, Carolina drafted cam newton. you know what they didn't do? draft another qb a couple rounds later.

when the steelers, chargers and giants drafted rothlesburger, rivers, and manning....you know what none of them did? draft another qb.

when Washington spent 4 draft picks on their "savior" you know what they did? they provided a spark to their own potential future house fire by drafting another qb a couple of rounds later while again ignoring major deficiencies scattered all throughout the roster. it's another terrible job, I'd give their draft a D or F at this point and probably will be the turning point in getting shanahan fired as they'll clearly be in last place again.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:28 pm

It's not going to be a problem. Both guys are going to learn the offense and then if RG3 get's hurt, we'll have a young, athletic, smart QB on the field.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Red_One43 wrote:There's our RB!

Oh, he HAD to bring in an RB didn't he....!?!??

Again, a wasted pick in my opinion.

Helu, Royster and Hightower (yes, I know he's not signed yet but he will, cos we need some experience back there rather than rely on rookies and guys that have 5 games under their belt...)
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Yet some people are just to stupid to realize John Beck is terrible and just needed replacing. Must bash Shanny cause I'm piggie the troll.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm

cousins surprised to be drafted by Washington, which of course is simply the nice, pc way of saying he's disappointed to having his career now relying on another persons injury.

this won't make rg3 as happy as, oh I dunno, getting him HELP, this simply just upsets the qb they did draft in the 4th round, and as kipper said, they already have a qb controversy....meanwhile their roster continues to be terrible.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -backup-qb

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Deleted. Emotions got the better of me guys. :oops:
Last edited by FanofallthatisGibbs on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:41 pm

the poster wrote:they've cemented another last place finish once again. five years in a row!

the colts drafted their Andrew luck. you know what they didn't do? draft Kirk cousins.

I saw that and said damn some teams never learn or the forget real quick.
I remember when the Colts drafted the guy that Luck is replacing... you know what they NEVER did until they drafted Luck? They never drafted a Kirk Cousins type

the poster wrote:last year, Carolina drafted cam newton. you know what they didn't do? draft another qb a couple rounds later.

when the steelers, chargers and giants drafted rothlesburger, rivers, and manning....you know what none of them did? draft another qb.

When those players go down how many of their backups can you name that you'd feel comfortable with finishing the season?

the poster wrote:when Washington spent 4 draft picks on their "savior" you know what they did? they provided a spark to their own potential future house fire by drafting another qb a couple of rounds later while again ignoring major deficiencies scattered all throughout the roster. it's another terrible job, I'd give their draft a D or F at this point and probably will be the turning point in getting shanahan fired as they'll clearly be in last place again.

Actually they're counting on the Browns to be the Browns and giving them a second round pick for Cousins between now and April next year.

Bookmark this page, Click on it next March, and remember why you should troll TH.n :arrow:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey FanofallthatisGibbs, just ignore the pr1ck, he's not worthy of the attention.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:There's our RB!

Oh, he HAD to bring in an RB didn't he....!?!??

Again, a wasted pick in my opinion.

Helu, Royster and Hightower (yes, I know he's not signed yet but he will, cos we need some experience back there rather than rely on rookies and guys that have 5 games under their belt...)

You get no argument here. Although, I feel that this guy is perfect for Shanny's system, we already have a slow, make 'em miss guy in Royster.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Trying to make a big deal out of nothing. John becks replacement. I have to say Cousins looks better than beck!!!
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:poster - you really sound like you mother was *f$ck* by a drunk cowboys fan and left with you as the bastard child.

Go away. Even if you disagree you offer absolutely no insight for your opinion.

The fundamental disagreement that we have with you is that we think we are much closer to a playoff team with the parts already assembled. We have added o-line depth, we have added safeties in free agency. Our defensive front seven is excellent and will only be better with Jenkins returning from injury.

So what's your problem? No one really knows how well a draft is until 1-2 years later at the earliest anyway.

Philly always has more picks yet always has holes year after year, yet they have a great organization? I dunno. I don't see them with any SuperBowls. Nevertheless, media and others loves their draft every year.

Point is - we are ALL speculating. Please chill or leave.

Play nice outside of Smack.... and that's all that needs to be said about that.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

the poster wrote:they've cemented another last place finish once again. five years in a row!

That's probably because they had 52 other spots to fill.

the poster wrote:last year, Carolina drafted cam newton. you know what they didn't do? draft another qb a couple rounds later.

Apparently they didn't draft too many defensive players either.

the poster wrote:when the steelers, chargers and giants drafted rothlesburger, rivers, and manning....you know what none of them did? draft another qb.

And aside from the Giants (who we beat twice last year) San Diego is another of the "dream teams" that end up under performing every year.

the poster wrote:when Washington spent 4 draft picks on their "savior" you know what they did? they provided a spark to their own potential future house fire by drafting another qb a couple of rounds later while again ignoring major deficiencies scattered all throughout the roster. it's another terrible job, I'd give their draft a D or F at this point and probably will be the turning point in getting shanahan fired as they'll clearly be in last place again.

No, what they did is draft your Brownies future QB that we''ll trade to Cleveland for a 1st round pick in 2014 ...and I'm sure it will be a VERY EARLY pick indeed! :lol:

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:44 pm

frankcal20 wrote:It's not going to be a problem. Both guys are going to learn the offense and then if RG3 get's hurt, we'll have a young, athletic, smart QB on the field.

I totally agree Frank. I don't get the people who think that NFL quarterbacks have to be wusses like Ron Jawarski and Jay Cutler who don't believe quarterbacks should have to compete to be starters. The NFL is the most elite competition and you are fighting for your job every day no matter who you are or what position you play. The idea that competition is destructive is just idiotic.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:44 pm

So who's left that's worth a punt...?

Anyone out there you guys rate as a prospect...???

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:45 pm

the poster wrote:cousins surprised to be drafted by Washington, which of course is simply the nice, pc way of saying he's disappointed to having his career now relying on another persons injury

Name the teams you feel wouldn't have had competition in the way of a fourth round draft pick starting
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football