Redskins draft picks.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:24 pm

No. This is sounding like a franchise that is fully prepared. If RG3 stays healthy and is a stud like we expect him to do and tears it up, then we'll trade Cousin for more than the 4th round pick we used. We drafted for value. Plain and Simple.

Let me ask this question. Why did the Patriots take Mallot last year when they had Brady at starter and also have Hoyer as the #2. Did that create controversy? No. They draft value players

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm

frankcal20 wrote:No. This is sounding like a franchise that is fully prepared. If RG3 stays healthy and is a stud like we expect him to do and tears it up, then we'll trade Cousin for more than the 4th round pick we used. We drafted for value. Plain and Simple.

Let me ask this question. Why did the Patriots take Mallot last year when they had Brady at starter and also have Hoyer as the #2. Did that create controversy? No. They draft value players

Did the colts draft another QB after andrew luck?....or is it because griffin fits the stereotype of Qbs that run? Is that why?...

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:From an impartial fan of the NFC North (ESPN's NFC East Blog):

emmettvm
dropping in from the NFC North to note that, aside from the whole "2 quarterbacks" thing (which may or may not end up turning out well, who really knows at this point) the redskins seem to be hitting this draft out of the friggin park.

oh you cherry picked across the nation and found that little comment that you delivered like a stork here? good for you. it mustba been quite an effort working through hundreds of others who are laughing at Washington right now. one giants fan just said on behalf of his organization I want to thank the redskins for being what they are.

(
yeah Im aware wash beat ny twice last year. get over your one accomplishment already. I also know who won the super bowl and who was 5-11)

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Love the last sentence. Sounds like he's going to come in and most likely be our backup RT.

I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. He's a late 6th rounder.

Here was the Texans O line starters for 2011. One 6th rounder who was sought after in FA in 2012 and one UDFA who was also sought after in FA this year. The make up of the majority of O lines in the NFL have late round and UDFAs. I don't think that Frank is jumping the gun. Being a late rounder, or not being drafted at all, for an O lineman has not been a problem in developing into a star.

Texans 2011 Starters

Myers - 6th round 2005; Starter 2007
Smith - Free Agent 2010(No Big Splash here); Starter 2010
Brisiel - UDFA 2007; Starter 2008
Winston - 3rd round 2006; Starter 2007
Brown - 1st round 2008; Starter 2008 .

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 891#539891

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:41 pm

finally we draft a DB!!!

Richard Crawford SMU

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Richard Crawford 5-11 191 DB

Junior (2010): Started 13 games and saw time in all 14... Named to All-Conference USA honorable mention... Recorded 59 total tackles, including 42 solos... Intercepted four passes... Had nine punt returns for a total of 83 yards (9.2 avg.)... Started season off with seven tackles and a TFL against Texas Tech... At Rice, intercepted a pass tallied seven stops... Picked off two throws, registered six solo tackles and had a 35-yard punt return against Marshall.

Saddleback (2008 & 2009): A three-star Rivals.com recruit... First-team All-Mission Conference... Notched 34 tackles, six interceptions and five pass breakups as a sophomore... Also returned 18 punts for 211 yards and three TDs... Chose SMU over offers from Portland State and San Diego.

Don't know if my eyes are getting tired or Wes Bunting didn't review him - couldn't find anything from Bunting

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-foo ... ard00.html

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 pm

With our final pick in the draft, Skins select Jordan Berstein DB - Iowa

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Two DBs to finish the draft.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:56 pm

a solid draft all in all and i hope we get a few gems in the udfa department as well.....wait and see

great job guys i,m out until next time HTTR.

RG3 8)
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

frankcal20 wrote:No. This is sounding like a franchise that is fully prepared. If RG3 stays healthy and is a stud like we expect him to do and tears it up, then we'll trade Cousin for more than the 4th round pick we used. We drafted for value. Plain and Simple.

Drafting Cousins was a good value move, it could also mean the time Kyle spent with him told them that he's not that far off and another Rookie at QB won't take away from his development

frankcal20 wrote:Let me ask this question.

You keep ssaying that like you're waiting on permission.... but then you don't and ask anyway. If you're not careful you might start a conversation.

frankcal20 wrote: Why did the Patriots take Mallot last year when they had Brady at starter and also have Hoyer as the #2. Did that create controversy? No. They draft value players

Teams draft rookie QBs all the time, some are drafted to step right in as starters.... (Eli, his big bro, Brees, Cam, Luck, Weeden, and Big Ben) others are drafted to develop into starters but something forces a teams hand... (Ponder, Gabby, and Dalton). Then you have those that are drafted to sit and they sit....(Brady, Rogers, and others)

Drafting QBs create options. Drafting a QB when you need a QB creates a solution.... Drafting more than one equals solutions with options.

One option won't be reacting if option A fails, because there is a plan in place with a plan A1 instaed of looking for a Plan B. Like the Jags will be doing very soon, as well as the Browns if Weeden turns out to be a better baseball player than QB
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I know the pukes moving up to get Claiborne was a good move but why did they get an A and us a B? I think its to early to tell but we had more picks and added a lot of competition at areas of need.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 pm

frankcal20 wrote:With our final pick in the draft, Skins select Jordan Berstein DB - Iowa

How about nicknames? Those are cool. After he made this hit early in the season, the BHGP commentariat wuickly latched onto the "BOOMSTINE" moniker. It fits, it's fun to say, it sounds cool -- what more do you want in a nickname?

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012 ... -bernstine

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:24 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I know the pukes moving up to get Claiborne was a good move but why did they get an A and us a B? I think its to early to tell but we had more picks and added a lot of competition at areas of need.
Franky, I don't get this at all... The Cowboys are not in decent (not great) shape at corner... but their Safety situation is horrendous... a selection of Barron would have been a home run, and would have been a very astute response to both Vick and Griffin, whom they must deal with twice each per year.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Jordan Bernstein is the nephew of former NFL tight end/running back Rod Bernstine.

Some useless Trivia.

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2435234

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:With our final pick in the draft, Skins select Jordan Berstein DB - Iowa

How about nicknames? Those are cool. After he made this hit early in the season, the BHGP commentariat wuickly latched onto the "BOOMSTINE" moniker. It fits, it's fun to say, it sounds cool -- what more do you want in a nickname?

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012 ... -bernstine

Added for effect:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football