Redskins draft picks.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm

^ BOOM!!! Sound effects added as well. :)

Thanks - I am liking what I am reading on the kid.

Bernstine, who started 11 games last year for Iowa, ranked seventh in the Big Ten in kickoff returns (23.8 yards per return) and 10th in tackles per game (7.4). He had 89 tackles at strong safety last year.

Bernstine was not invited to the combine but zoomed into draft consideration based on his Pro Day workout in Iowa City. He recorded a 4.43 40-yard dash time, and unofficially ran a 4.38 40-yard dash.

http://thegazette.com/2012/04/28/washin ... bernstine/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Y'all gotta see this clip of two big hits by Boomstine!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeMolf6 ... re=related

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm

I think someones game is getting a little old on here.. Like no one on here doesn't realize you are not a skins fan.......to funny!! Keep on posting those idiotic comments I need some more good laughs this evening.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't know which player is Richard Crawford on this video titled Richard Crawford, but somebody or somebodies is/are ballin' in SMUs secondary in this game. I do more research later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUx4VunRds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the problem we used to have was that Dumb and Dumber did what many fans here want to do - bring in the 'BEST AVAILABLE TALENT'
:shock: ALL of these guys have talent - they are the top 200+ players coming out of college
this FO and the group supporting them are ONLY looking to add players that suit what we need - NOT players with talent
this franchise is heading in the right direction again BECAUSE we don't just add the best player available

GOTTA LOVE this FO :D

I couldn't disagree more with both points you made. I think Bruce and Mike are bringing in the BPA. The difference between they and Vinny is that they actually know who the BPA is.

most time your posts are just dumb - this is not bad but just above that :twisted:

This FO is ONLY bringing in the players that fit what they want and need

the ONLY part of your post I'll agree with is that they "are bringing in the best players available" - just like Dumb and Dumber did and maybe all the players that you would have liked :twisted:

EXCEPT

this FO knows the "best players available" that suit their needs - UNLIKE you AND Dumb and Dumber :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Anyone spouting off about the Cousins pick because supposedly no other teams pick a 1st round QB and then a later round QB simply do not have a clue, have an agenda or both. Simply look at the Cowboys. Aikman 1st, Steve Walsh later and then trade Walsh to the Saints for 3 picks including Erik Williams 3 time pro bowler. Get the idea?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:31 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:Anyone spouting off about the Cousins pick because supposedly no other teams pick a 1st round QB and then a later round QB simply do not have a clue, have an agenda or both. Simply look at the Cowboys. Aikman 1st, Steve Walsh later and then trade Walsh to the Saints for 3 picks including Erik Williams 3 time pro bowler. Get the idea?

You're asking people to think ahead, that's asking a lot.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I know the pukes moving up to get Claiborne was a good move but why did they get an A and us a B? I think its to early to tell but we had more picks and added a lot of competition at areas of need.
Franky, I don't get this at all... The Cowboys are not in decent (not great) shape at corner... but their Safety situation is horrendous... a selection of Barron would have been a home run, and would have been a very astute response to both Vick and Griffin, whom they must deal with twice each per year.

Exactly what I was getting at. They could have sat tight and kept the 2nd round pick and added a bigger.missing piece. Did they draft any safety help? Them losing a pick and drafting the wrong db is senseless to me. Although Claiborne is good- he isn't that great certainly far from a shut down cb in the NFL. I was bugged when they traded up and suspected Claiborne but was glad to not hear Barron. Maybe they resign Newman at safety lmao
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:That's probably because they had 52 other spots to fill.

So you win Super Bowls not by having talent but by having a body at every position? That's demonstration of your football knowledge? We already have bodies at every position BTW.

You had a quarterback in McCoy, why did you waste a pick on Weeden when you already had bodies who played quarterback if that's all you need?

Who are you arguing with?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:That's probably because they had 52 other spots to fill.

So you win Super Bowls not by having talent but by having a body at every position? That's demonstration of your football knowledge? We already have bodies at every position BTW.

You had a quarterback in McCoy, why did you waste a pick on Weeden when you already had bodies who played quarterback if that's all you need?

Who are you arguing with?

I meant to argue with PODS, aka the Poster. I think I cut out the wrong quote.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:55 pm

for the frauds that are defending the f- decision to draft a second qb high, I would like to know what they were thinking about the moment before Washington picked. I am sure none of you were thinking or wanting cousins.

but, I know How Internet boards work. football fans are all the same. you are sheep and yes men. corporate boys. it wouldn't have mattered if the redskins drafted a place kicker and a punter with both their 4th round picks, there would be defenders of that too. it's just how sheep work.

this nonsense of value for the pick is illogical. the opportunity to get value for cousins is slim.

1. your starter needs to get hurt (yayyyy, cheer for that..dummies)
2. this other rookie needs to get more reps than he normally would
3. he would have to have significant playing time somewhere between now and year 3 ( not past year 3)
4. he, um, has to play well (let's not forget that part of it)

all that has to happen, exactly for you to do something like trade him for what I dunno a second round pick 3 years from now.

he wasn't only value guy out there. there was a Nt who went to Pitt higher on other boards and is a need for wash. wash has a mediocre defensive line and that guy had the appropriate size, unlike their current Nt. big wr who went to Philly, too.

and are you serious ---- one foolish and idiotic comment here is "the cowboys did this 23 years ago, so there, that's the reason why it's ok Washington did it"

one time did something similar Twenty Years ago and that's your defnse??? the games changed a lot since then, redskins sheep.

draft grades:
eagles. A
giants. A -
cowboys B
redskins D-

and the divide between the rest of the division and the redskins gets wider.

enjoy your collection of 6 ft, nondescript wide receivers, patchwork offensive line, and collection of rookie quarterbacks (hey, maybe they'll use a 2 qb system, cousins does the passing and the other does the running, play action stuff) and roster of mediocre non descript running backs.

6-10, enjoy.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:13 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I know the pukes moving up to get Claiborne was a good move but why did they get an A and us a B? I think its to early to tell but we had more picks and added a lot of competition at areas of need.
Franky, I don't get this at all... The Cowboys are not in decent (not great) shape at corner... but their Safety situation is horrendous... a selection of Barron would have been a home run, and would have been a very astute response to both Vick and Griffin, whom they must deal with twice each per year.

Exactly what I was getting at. They could have sat tight and kept the 2nd round pick and added a bigger.missing piece. Did they draft any safety help? Them losing a pick and drafting the wrong db is senseless to me. Although Claiborne is good- he isn't that great certainly far from a shut down cb in the NFL. I was bugged when they traded up and suspected Claiborne but was glad to not hear Barron. Maybe they resign Newman at safety lmao

Claiborne was the top CB coming out this draft, BUT RGIII was the number two QB. That's Jerruh's spin.

The four letter network HATES the B&G and it's gonna take more than drafting RGIII to change that.

Look at how Gruden loved RGIII until he was drafted by the Redskins, now he's coming from a bubble screen offense that won't transend to the NFL. :shock:

Claiborne can't fix what's broke in Austin, They can let him play man all day, while three other guys run free behind their linebackers or they can play him in zone as one guy goes deep, and another crosses right in front of him... he'll let the guy running deep go because he expects safety help that won't be there (because they have no real safeties) all game.

The FLN can't point this out because Barron was available but wouldn't have deflected the RGIII coverage and made TtiT look dumb.

Drafting Cousins might have lowered the Skins grade but It was a better move than moving up to draft a CB and put last year's starter on the trading block.

TtiT gave up a pick to move up to draft a guy to replace a guy they think will bring them some value by trading him. They didn't address the secondary help they needed. They traded up to create a surplus at another spot.

Cousins didn't create a surplus because Beck was let go right after the pick, Cousins will cost less than $500K and Beck frees up $1.3M.

Claybone will cost about $8.5M this year and Mike Jenkins will cost them 1.052M until he's gone and still about half that after he's gone.

Jerruh wanted to make a splash, "the Danny" was locked in a closet, We Win :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby Owl Access » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Not sure how closely Redskins fans were following FAU football this season, so I thought I would share some info on running back Alfred Morris, who was compared to Larry Csonka by Owls coach Howard Schnellenberger (who coached Csonka with the Dolphins)

Here are some links for background on Morris. We really hope he works out for the Redskins.

Our story...
http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/119/washington-selects-fau-running-back-alfred-morris-.aspx

Our draft profile...
http://www.fauowlaccess.com/pages/2012-draft-profile-fau-rb-alfred-morris.aspx

Early video of Morris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ArzZzG6kKY&list=UUN9mjLEMxPuzvfVUekG1GMg&index=1&feature=plcp

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Exactly what I was getting at. They could have sat tight and kept the 2nd round pick and added a bigger.missing piece. Did they draft any safety help?

why is there even a comparison of the Dallas cowboys going on? typical redskin fan. they can't go five seconds without thinking about the Dallas cowboys, who by the way, OWN the redskins on the field.

who cares about Dallas. why r u even brining them up. Dallas has nothing to do with washington's bad draft. it's not the cowboys fault that washington's draft will keep them in last place.

Dallas has horrendous safeties?? really?? why do u care?? redskins safeties are great?? you HAD great safeties ...one of them died 4 years ago. you have nothing now but backups, castoffs, and drunk drivers.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the problem we used to have was that Dumb and Dumber did what many fans here want to do - bring in the 'BEST AVAILABLE TALENT'

:shock: ALL of these guys have talent - they are the top 200+ players coming out of college

thankfully for the Redskins, those fans (and dumb and dumber) are not running things here

this FO and the group supporting them are ONLY looking to add players that suit what we need - NOT players with talent

this franchise is heading in the right direction again BECAUSE we don't just add the best player available

GOTTA LOVE this FO :D

I couldn't disagree more with both points you made. I think Bruce and Mike are bringing in the BPA. The difference between they and Vinny is that they actually know who the BPA is.

I think the Cousins pick validates my point.

Without question plus one!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football