Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 am

Cousins will get a chance to shine in the last two games of every season, once we've secured home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

What..?!?

Me, carried away..?!?!??

Never!!!!

HTTR
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 am

What a senseless article. I started to pick it apart but there's too much crap in it to make it worth my time. The writer contradicts himself 1000 times.

For anyone who's too busy to wade through that crap, I'll summarize it.

"We, the media have an issue with this selection. Our issue is based purely off of assumption and conjecture, it is not rooted in any facts. We're purely speculating what we think MIGHT happen and are creating the story that we assume will happen, before it happens. We know that people with below average comprehension skills will fall for the banana in the tail pipe."
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 am

How will get a chance to play if griffin starts the whole game in the season?....

Why are you fools predicting griffin will get hurt?

And why you guys sure this guy will be good? Kevin kolb was rated high too....

mods merge this with the other thread

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am

This was Washington, a team with plenty of needs and a relative scarcity of draft picks this year and in the near future thanks to the blockbuster RG3 trade

Um, we were without a single, 2nd round pick this year because of that trade. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

What a senseless article. I started to pick it apart but there's too much crap in it to make it worth my time. The writer contradicts himself 1000 times.

"We, the media have an issue with this selection. Our issue is based purely off of assumption and conjecture, it is not rooted in any facts. We're purely speculating what we think MIGHT happen and are creating the story that we assume will happen, before it happens. We know that people with below average comprehension skills will fall for the banana in the tail pipe."

It's this last line that tells you all you need to know about this article:

It's still a tightly-clumped division, as always, but the NFC East is the Giants and three Giants wannabees.

G-strings homer. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:"Chris Mortensen reported"???""

That was the main thing that caught my eye too. I couldn't really read the rest after seeing that.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

So I guess then only question is whether you're a "yeah, we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tail pipe" or a "Look Man! I ain't fallin for no banana in my tailpipe" kinda guy?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 am

funsho2 wrote:How will get a chance to play if griffin starts the whole game in the season?....
Assuming the Redskins actually become good enough, the last game or two of the season, once home field advantage has been secured, are a nice time to showcase talent you want to market.

Here's a better question (actually, 2)... why do you continue to insist we have said something that we didn't. Suggesting that having a quality back-up as insurance against injury is not quite the same thing. The fact is, higly mobile quarterbacks place themselves in risky situations all the time. Question 2: Why do you continue to insult other board members outside of smack? Bad boy. You feel strongly that the FO screwed up. We get it... Most of us disagree... get over it. You want to hurl an insult or two? Take it to smack.

I'm sure there's a point somewhere in here...

Finally... something we can agree on... Done.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 am

funsho2 wrote:How will get a chance to play if griffin starts the whole game in the season?....

Was this directed at Griffin or Cousins? If it was directed at Cousins, then aren't you answering your own question wth the example? The idea is for Cousins to be an expected serviceable back up and a hoped for great back up for three or four years (whichever gets us to the final year before his K is up), just like Kolb was for the Eagles, and then trade him for a king's ransom, just like the eagles did with Kolb, and let his next team realize they got the short end of the stick. That is unless he takes the money we want to give him to stay, in which case our back up qb is point of comfort and not anxiety.

Still not seeing how so many are completely missing the advantage here.

Oh, and in their draft wrap up special (good grief!), ESPN's talking heads of Herm Edwards, Teddy Bruschetta, Mel Baltimoron Kiper and Todd McShay, the first three all lamented the possible problems that Cousins would present for RGIII with mixed messages from the FO and wasting time on 2 young QBs and creating a controversey with such a good leader coming in at the same time. McShay essentially said, "are you guys nuts? When has competition and having to compete ever been a bad thing; RGIII biggest concern is getting injured because he's mobile; and in 3 years this guys trade value will be high"

So, you know, Todd was the only one that actually thought before he spoke.[/quote]
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 am

ESPN, lamenting the "confusing" message being given RGIII is a riot. What quarterback of quality ISN'T going to enjoy some comptetition. I'm also comfortable that he is very much at peace with his situation. It's his to lose... and no one sees that happening. I doubt very much that our new starter is threatened by his "challenger". He understands, as a sprinter, that better speed comes from better competition.

Kiper is indeed the moron that keeps Baltimore moronic... McShay has been kicking Kiper's butt all over the place, and Kiper is getting... pissed. Love it.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 am

funsho2 wrote:This is why we are not a good run franchise while Snider owns the team!
We spend (3) 1st’s and (1) 2nd on a QB, just to get another QB 2 of your teams picks later? There are more pressing needs than a 2nd QB. Beck and Grossman are capable backups. It just makes no sense. Instead of drafting a player that can eventually start or actually be good enough to start. We needed WR help, a Center, a RT, maybe even an ILB, or maybe even a Safety. Yet, we wasted our relatively early pick on a player that we don’t expect to EVER see the field. How are you supposed to “flip” this player in 3-4 years? Showing what he has during preseason games? Please…..Talk about Heath Shuler Gus Frerotte part 2

You've mentioned this. QB's have frail egos and can't stand competition, they cry and sulk when you have two on your roster, QB's grow on trees which is why it took us two decades to find one. Yada yada yada. You're starting to hit troll status with these posts that just keep repeating the same points while ignoring every response you get. Ignoring responses being the key there. If you are willing to go down on the "we only need one quarterback" ship, why don't you respond to the people who have engaged you in return?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 am

I'm about to include in my signature a list of posters to ignore....

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 am

Drafting Cousins should concern Grossman not Griffin III. If I were a betting man Cousins will replace Grossman in 2013.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 am

GoSkins wrote:Drafting Cousins should concern Grossman not Griffin III. If I were a betting man Cousins will replace Grossman in 2013.

I'd say that Grossman will be cut in 2014, there might be a change in depth chart next year.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 am

GoSkins wrote:Drafting Cousins should concern Grossman not Griffin III. If I were a betting man Cousins will replace Grossman in 2013.

+1 =D>
I agree. Drafting Cousins was a good move. As has been stated, the starting role is ultimately Griffins to lose, but as an insurance policy Grossman is NOT who I want back there long term. Beck had a chance to show what he could do and didn't produce so he's gone. We replace him with Cousins who has all the potential to be groomed to take the number two spot on the depth chart. If he really shows starter potential, we can eventually trade him off, but I like the idea of having a competent backup.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football