Un-Drafted Free Agents

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Delvon Johnson DL Marshall 6'2" 322

Looks like a NT. He must have pushed Meotoga out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTG0LDzMQw

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=DT

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
jmooney wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Lance Lewis 6'3" 209 lbs Wide Receiver

Looks impressive going after the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... ZN-whn0cyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyL25QyTMcQ

Lol' that was Stephon Gilmore he was using up. Was'nt he the Bill's first rounder?

Nice body control when the ball is in the air, good hands.Does'nt look fast enough to stretch the field in the NFL, slot maybe?
His feet die once he makes the catch though. Nice pick up for some "competition" in camp.

I noticed that that was Gilmore as well. Lewis' 40 is a 4.56, so you are right about not being very fast by NFL standards. He was used in the slot at times at ECU. He definitely uses his height and appears to have long arms.
So, he looks like he possesses a skill set that would make him an excellent possession, short yardage, and Red Zone receiver. Those are not strengths to sneeze at... these are the kind of tools that a player can build a profitable career on... and that teams can win games with.

Rich Tandler on Lewis on his rookie camp performance:
Free agent rookie receiver Lance Lewis looked pretty good, seemed to have solid fundamentals looking the ball into his hands.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... eport.html
Last edited by Red_One43 on Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Red One, thanks for staying on top of this. Very interesting.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Redskins rookie minicamp practice report

Most of the time that RG3 took a snap, it was from Josh LeRibeus. He is listed as a guard but he certainly will help himself if he has position flexibility.

RG3 looked good with his footwork and had good zip on the ball. As one might expect, things were still a bit ragged with little familiarity between the receivers and quarterbacks.

Free agent rookie receiver Lance Lewis looked pretty good, seemed to have solid fundamentals looking the ball into his hands.

If Aldrick Robinson is going to make the team, he has to show more than straight-line speed. He was paying particular attention to making his cuts as he ran routes.

Cornerback Chase Minnifield was there as an observer. He had microfracture surgery in January and it is hoped that he will be able to participate in some of the OTA’s.

Alfred Morris ran some plays as a fullback and some as a tailback. Shanahan has said that he will be a tailback but being able to fill in there when needed certainly can’t hurt Morris’ chances.

It looked like the top offensive line from left to right was Tom Compton (6th-round pick), Nick Martinez (tryout player), LeRibeus, Adam Gettis (5th-round pick), and Josh Oglesby (tryout player).

Danny Smith was in midseason form, coaching up players on the field goal team.

Kirk Cousins had a nice delivery and presence on the field.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... eport.html

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:10 pm

I am pulling for Morris thanks for the link. I just like his style.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I am pulling for Morris thanks for the link. I just like his style.

Well here ya go Kilmer - the first step:

Sixth-round pick Morris signs

Redskins running back Alfred Morris put down the football at the end of today’s rookie minicamp and then picked up a pen.

The team announced that the sixth-round pick has signed his rookie contract. They tweeted out a picture of Morris signing his contract with the announcement.

Morris, out of Florida Atlantic, will be competing for playing time along with second-year players Roy Helu and Evan Royster. Mike Shanahan also has said that the team is still interested in bringing back Tim Hightower, who was the team’s leading rusher until a knee injury ended his season.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... signs.html

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:I am pulling for Morris thanks for the link. I just like his style.

Well here ya go Kilmer - the first step:

Sixth-round pick Morris signs

Redskins running back Alfred Morris put down the football at the end of today’s rookie minicamp and then picked up a pen.

The team announced that the sixth-round pick has signed his rookie contract. They tweeted out a picture of Morris signing his contract with the announcement.

Morris, out of Florida Atlantic, will be competing for playing time along with second-year players Roy Helu and Evan Royster. Mike Shanahan also has said that the team is still interested in bringing back Tim Hightower, who was the team’s leading rusher until a knee injury ended his season.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... signs.html

:)

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:41 pm

jahwriter86, Redskins Rule, piggiebacked on Brian Tinsman's Redskin Blog in the comment section:

Ok, I'm going to drop a few nuggets from the Redskins final day of the rookie mini camp.

3. Lance Lewis looks really good this camp, coming out of his breaks very well and catching the ball with his hands not chest consistently.

5. Alford Morris has been playing both FB and RB in camp, he will primarily be a RB as we go forward but his ability to play both positions and special teams will allow him to make this team regardless if they bring in another guy.

6. Chase Minnifield was just looking most of camp as he is still recovering from his injury.

7. Nick Martinez, Oklahoma State, made the team. Martinez at 6'4" 310 lb. can play both OT and OG and did a very good job at Oklahoma St. replacing Russell Okung. Didn't know he was trying out but glad that he choose us, because this guy can play and showed it early and often this camp.

He says the same as Rich Tandler about Morris and Lewis, but adds good stuff about tryout signee Martinez.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 749a6f5851

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun May 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Nuggets... lots of nuggets in this NDFA group.

I suspect many are here because they sense something good is happening at Redskins Park...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 am

Countertrey wrote:Nuggets ... lots of nuggets in this NDFA group.

I suspect many are here because they sense something good is happening at Redskins Park ...

agree also - exciting times ahead here for this franchise

as this franchise improves many perceptions will change from both the fans to the players and even perhaps the media

it will take time to be a real force again but it will be nice to have players wanting to be a part of what RGIII offers for our future
I'm sure there were many instances when given a choice the players would look elsewhere

except

when they were hoping to pick up some of Danny's money :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Free agent corner Chase Minnifield said he had no idea his microfracture surgery in January took him off teams’ draft boards. “It was the longest weekend of my life,” Minnifield said of last week’s draft. “I didn’t realize teams took me off until after the draft was over. … But my game will speak for itself when it’s all said and done.” Minnifield was held out of drills, but he said he’s right around 100 percent and will be ready by training camp if not sooner. His dad, Frank Minnifield, became a superb corner in the late 1980s and early ‘90s in part because of preparation; he loved watching film. “Everything he does I do,” Minnifield said. “I’m like a chip off the old block.”

Third-round pick Josh LeRibeus spent almost all of his time working at center, after having played guard at SMU. His college coach, June Jones, said that’s the position he ultimately thinks LeRibeus will play because of his smarts. “He picked it up in one day like he’s been doing it his whole career,” Shanahan said.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

This minnifield kid is a cheap Claiborne. By cheap I mean free as far as picks go. His stats are pretty equal so let's hope he gets the hunger in him being undrafted and kills it in the b&g!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Chase has been tweeting variations of the #30. There were 30 Corners drafted this year. He's using that number as motivation to be better than all of them.

Seems to have a chip the size of a boulder on his shoulder and I like it.

@chaseminnifield
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 am

Good ish hog, that's the type of fire I like to see!

I hope he puts in work cus we got a bunch of nickel backs
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football