Un-Drafted Free Agents

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

The Hogster wrote:Chase has been tweeting variations of the #30. There were 30 Corners drafted this year. He's using that number as motivation to be better than all of them.

Seems to have a chip the size of a boulder on his shoulder and I like it.

@chaseminnifield

The more I hear about him the more I like this guy, plenty of talent and a serious drive to succeed. We might actually have ourselves a cornerback at last...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 pm

He's a true bonus. If he heals... he's going to be a starter soon enough...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm

CB Chase Minnifield will reportedly open training camp on the reserve/PUP list.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm

1niksder wrote:CB Chase Minnifield will reportedly open training camp on the reserve/PUP list.

If true, I like the move. This guy is too good to risk reinjuring his knee. I hope that it is a precautionary thing rather than a setback.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:CB Chase Minnifield will reportedly open training camp on the reserve/PUP list.

If true, I like the move. This guy is too good to risk reinjuring his knee. I hope that it is a precautionary thing rather than a setback.

With the new CBA players can now be added to the active roster as late as week 13 if they go on the PUP before they start training camp (Remember Kelly wasn't eligible last year ).

Chase still can't play the first 6 weeks but if he's close they'll have a extra month before they have to move him to IR or activate him. Again the new CBA controls a lot of off field decisions. The PUP no longer means get right or go on IR when the season starts. Now teams will simply move players from the Active PUP to the Reserve PUP right before the season, but teams will also have the option of putting one player on IR if they start the season on the Active roster and bring them back after they have been on IR for eight weeks.

As far as Minniefield goes, it's before camp starts so he is on what is called the Active PUP, when the season starts they can put him on the Active roster, the Reserve PUP, or "temp" IR and he could still play this year as late as week 13, or put put him on IR and stow him away until next year. Anyway you look at it he's a third round talent that walked in.

It's a good move, it's like throwing in this year's 2nd round pick to luck up the drafting of RGIII when you have a" untapped but educated in your scheme" Jarvis Jenkins :D in your back pocket.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Here's a link.

ESPN 980@ESPNRadio980

Per a #Redskins source, CB Chase Minnifield and RB Tristan Davis will be listed early on as physically unable to perform. They count vs 90.

17 Jul 12

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/7/17/3165 ... e-pup-list

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:14 am

They count vs the 90 but NOT the final 53 correct? Either player can be moved to the ir OR brought on if wsome one gets hurt cut whatever the case right???
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football