Post-Draft Depth Chart

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Post-Draft Depth Chart

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Here's what I got. Please discuss/fix.

Offense

LT Williams, Lee, Compton, McCaskill
LG Licht, Hurt, Gettis
C Monty, Cook
RG Chestr, LeRibeus
RT Brown, Smith, Polumbus
TE Davis, Cooley, Paulksen, Paul, Quinn, Myers
RB Helu, Royster, Morris, Davis
FB Young
WR Garcon, Hankerson, Moss, MOrgan, Armstrong, Gaffney, Austin, Robinson, Banks
QB Griffin, Grossman, Cousins, Crompton

Defense

LE Jenkins, Carriker, Balmer
NT Cofield, Neild, Baker
RE Bowen, Golston, Scott, Worthington
LOLB Kerrigan, White, Wilson
LILB Fletcher, Alexander
RILB Riley, Kehl
ROLB Orakpo, Jackson, Robinson
LCB Hall, Griffin, Barnes, Crawford
RCB Wilson, Torrence, Thompson, Berstine
SS Meriweather, Doughty, Bellamy
FS Jackson, Williams, Gomes

P Rocca
K Gano, Rackers
LS Sundberg
PR Banks
KR Banks

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I actually bet that LeReibus beats Kory for the starting LG spot and that Gettis moves to C. Probably doesn't knock off Monty, but close and he may start a few games.

Other than that, you're probably right. D looks fine (maybe not top 5 but good enough). The O scares me a little. Rookie QB, young RB, a question mark at oline and two WR's who are a bit up in the air as well. Luckily Griff will have two solid TE's to help create mismatches.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Berstein will be competing for a safety position.

Minnifield, if healthy, will be looking to break into the CB rotation.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Robinson will be an ILB
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I actually bet that LeReibus beats Kory for the starting LG spot and that Gettis moves to C. Probably doesn't knock off Monty, but close and he may start a few games.

Other than that, you're probably right. D looks fine (maybe not top 5 but good enough). The O scares me a little. Rookie QB, young RB, a question mark at oline and two WR's who are a bit up in the air as well. Luckily Griff will have two solid TE's to help create mismatches.

I am not sure if I am misunderstanding about 2 WR's that are "a bit up in the air". I am not sure what you mean. I look at our WR's as a better then average unit, not outstanding but better than most, as a group. If we fielded Garcon, Moss, Morgan and Gaffney as the receivers, none are outstanding but all are smart and experienced. IMO, exactly what is needed for a young quarterback like Griffin. Then there is Hankerson who has shown a lot of potential. There is still Armstrong, Austin and Robinson.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:29 pm

As poorly as Cook played at Center last year, I am looking for Kory to move back to center (he was a center in Denver - might even be better than Monty from what I hear) if Gettis and LeRibeus are the what Shanny is hoping for.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Countertrey wrote:Berstein will be competing for a safety position.

Minnifield, if healthy, will be looking to break into the CB rotation.

This is what I hear. He might even be better than what we have as far as being a cover corner. If healthy.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:18 am

I think it's possible that Crompton makes the team as a #3 with Cousins as our practice squad QB. Then in 2013 we can dump Grossman, and bring Cousins up to the main roster.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

I think it's possible that Crompton makes the team as a #3 with Cousins as our practice squad QB. Then in 2013 we can dump Grossman, and bring Cousins up to the main roster.

EDIT: Nevermind on that, if Cousins is on the practice squad someone can pick him up. I'd still like to see RGIII, Cousins, and Crompton as our 3 QB's (if RGIII is as good as everyone is hoping) for 2013.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:05 pm

In order to make the practice squad you would have to be cut from the team and clear waivers. I don't see that happening
XVII XXII XXVI

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I think it's possible that Crompton makes the team as a #3 with Cousins as our practice squad QB. Then in 2013 we can dump Grossman, and bring Cousins up to the main roster.

EDIT: Nevermind on that, if Cousins is on the practice squad someone can pick him up. I'd still like to see RGIII, Cousins, and Crompton as our 3 QB's (if RGIII is as good as everyone is hoping) for 2013.

Grossman will be on the team this year, no way we keep three QBs with virtually no experience between them. I agree with those saying Grossman is still actually probably here for two more years.

Grossman is a quality reserve, I'm glad to have him in that role until Cousins or someone is ready to take over. People dissing him for that are missing the boat. He knows the system, has a good attitude, and plays the same no matter how much or little he plays. You don't have a RG3 sitting on the bench, no one does.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm

We picked up LB Jonathan Goff, add him
#21 = Forever in our hearts

piggie

Postby FireVinny » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Red_One43 wrote:As poorly as Cook played at Center last year, I am looking for Kory to move back to center (he was a center in Denver - might even be better than Monty from what I hear) if Gettis and LeRibeus are the what Shanny is hoping for.

My guess on the line is that we keep at least 9 on the roster (maybe 10 but probably not). I'd also guess that only Trent, Monty and Chester have safe roster spots. Kory might get PUP'd, but won't get cut. Brown's got no guaranteed money left, so if he's not healthy he might get cut before camp. If he makes it to camp he's probably safe. LeRibeus is probably safe, just to protect him from getting snagged. Compton is ahead of Polumbus, maybe Smith. Gettis is probably ahead of Cook. Garner's got a decent shot to win a spot as a pro-ready, experienced ZBS center, albeit with limited upside.

My prediction:
Kory starts the season on the PUP.

Trent, Monty, Chester, Brown, LeRibeus, Lee, Compton, Gettis and Hurt make the 53. Trent, Monty, Gettis, Chester and Brown start against New Orleans.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I think Compton is more suited to play RT. I also think Carriker starts over Jenkins, but at that position, they rotate so much it doesn't matter. Jenkins will play significant snaps. I also agree that Robinson will play ILB.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 pm

The Hogster wrote:I think Compton is more suited to play RT. I also think Carriker starts over Jenkins, but at that position, they rotate so much it doesn't matter. Jenkins will play significant snaps. I also agree that Robinson will play ILB.

Agreed. And, I wouldn't be shocked to see Compton take over at some point. I think Mike wants more speed out there.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football