Post-Draft Depth Chart

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 01, 2012 3:29 pm

one of the biggest mistakes fans (everywhere) make is they look at their roster by itself. As if the Redskins are playing nobody this year.

so, let's say the Redskins roster is improved by 10%; for conversational purposes.

But.....

let's say the average improvement of teams with a winning record last year is improved by 15%......

that could mean the Redskins are actually falling behind.

I'm not saying these percentages are correct, but may I suggest you put the Redskins depth chart up along with (for starters) the rest of the divison's. That might be a more valuable exercise.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 01, 2012 3:45 pm

markshark84 wrote:Seeing this makes me really concerned with our OL....

We are very young at the skilled positions, I hope that fans are willing to be patient -- especially with our OL issues.

True, but I really think we have a chance to be young and mediocre this year, rather than old and atrocious! Patience is traditionally not a virtue in DC sports, but hopefully people will see that this ship IS turned in the right direction. There's a long way to go, but we're starting to see real depth, even if the starting group still isn't anywhere near as strong as it needs to be.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
markshark84 wrote:Seeing this makes me really concerned with our OL....

We are very young at the skilled positions, I hope that fans are willing to be patient -- especially with our OL issues.

True, but I really think we have a chance to be young and mediocre this year, rather than old and atrocious! Patience is traditionally not a virtue in DC sports, but hopefully people will see that this ship IS turned in the right direction. There's a long way to go, but we're starting to see real depth, even if the starting group still isn't anywhere near as strong as it needs to be.

most here would agree with you UK

we're starting to see the effects from the past fade - we're not going to challenge for the NFC East title this year but ... this is going to be one tough group and the Redskins are finally looking like we can contend again soon - nobody really believes that RG3 is going to magically turn things around here in one season - let's give him some time to grow and learn - there are a lot of young players here that are going to be here for a while - Bruce and Mike have got the ship righted and now it's time to start finding out what works best and with whom

I'm encouraged by the return of players like Jenkins but I also think we'll see a much younger and faster group than we've ever had here
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 01, 2012 4:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:we're not going to challenge for the NFC East title this year

Whoa, whoa, whoa there SJ. It wasn't that long ago you were guaranteeing playoffs this season. Has that changed? If so, why? Or do you just think we're "wild-card" good?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 pm

wait a minute - I'm all for this team being the best in the NFC East and I will pick them to win 16 games

I think this FO has done an incredible job since they took over but I doubt we're suddenly going to contend for the NFC EAST title

YES - we should make the playoffs but in order for us to win the NFC East the other 3 teams would have to play badly - I don't expect that

could happen ...

we're going to be fine but I'm not jinxing this group and saying they're going to be the NFC East champs .... IN MAY :shock:

have at it .... :lol:

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Sj better qb play, moral, and hungry youngsters pushing the vets or replacing them.. I just can't agree. We MIGHT not win the division but we are gonna be competitive every game.. even if rgiii has a 4int growing pain game he is better suited to catch back up w better play then Rex. Plus our D should be vastly improved
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 5:05 pm

no worries ckR - I'm just as enthused as anyone and I see the same things as you all do

This team is going to be younger and faster - the return of players that were injured and the better play of the offense will all help - I think the defense will be a big factor this season - we might even have a guy that can kick FGs on a consistent basis :shock:

we are better - no question

we will see a more consistently competitive team each week - no doubt

BUT ... it's May and I think it's premature to think we're going to suddenly go from 6-10 to winning the NFC East

and

I don't want to put an SI type of hex on the progress that we've made
I'm certainly not doing that at this time of year

I'll leave that for the best hognosticator this site has EVER seen :puke:

we're better - we'll see a lot more progress and we'll see the beginings of a great era with RG3

we're going to have a team to be proud of again and that's saying a lot

Hail to the Redskins

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 pm

We need to keep in mind, this is Year 3 of a complete rebuild. We will see what we have this year. But, we have a foundation to add on for the future. Free Agency should be a supplement to your roster. Next season will be the first real season where we have the chance to supplement a solid roster with FA & the Draft rather than trying to fill gaping holes. That's what the good teams do. Re-Load not Re-Build.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 pm

y'all workin hard on your Masters in Troll Management! :up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:They didn't give him any guaranteed money when they signed him, so I am not sure that qualifies him as a LOCK,

You're correect they didn't guarantee any of his money at first, but after the cap hit and after the FA Centers they were interested in signed with other teams the Skins restructuresd Monty's contract guaranteeing enough of his contract to clean $2M worth of cap space.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-restructure-center-will-montgomerys-contract-to-gain-cap-space/2012/03/16/gIQAMNOBHS_blog.html

Right now they have more guaranteed money invested in Monty than they do Kory, so if you're pointing to guaranteed money as an indication as to who is more secure, I would have to say it is Monty.

I'll back off of my lock statement and say Many is a virtual lock to start at center. Maybe not 100%, but atleast better than 95% (barring injury).

Prior to FA and them restructuring his deal I would have given him less then 50% chance, but they are finacially committed to him now.

From the looks of it now, I could go with virtual lock especially with the restructured deal. This is going to be a very interesting OTA's, mini cammp and preseason.

I was listening to Doug Farrar of Shut Down Corner on 106.7 The Fan (DC Metro) and he was salivating over LeBireus. Folks are really talking up Gettis as well. Lichtenstieger was looking like the the leader of the O line last year. Lichty is a natural center. Shanny has lot's of options here. We'll see how it plays out.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I actually bet that LeReibus beats Kory for the starting LG spot and that Gettis moves to C. Probably doesn't knock off Monty, but close and he may start a few games.

Other than that, you're probably right. D looks fine (maybe not top 5 but good enough). The O scares me a little. Rookie QB, young RB, a question mark at oline and two WR's who are a bit up in the air as well. Luckily Griff will have two solid TE's to help create mismatches.

As far as any loyalties to a particular team in Texas, Redskins fans needn't worry: He's not a Cowboys fan.

''Either you hate 'em or you love 'em,'' he said. ''I'm definitely one that hates 'em.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-s ... --nfl.html

Just based on that I think he has what it takes. :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Looking at the players they drafted and the UFA - it's amazing the difference when we have guys that know what they're doing

these guys have made some errors in judgement but the last 2 drafts and the players they have added in the last year give you some reason to think that good times are ahead

we are adding to the mix - and the mix looks good

gotta keep on keeping on

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:YES - we should make the playoffs but in order for us to win the NFC East the other 3

should make the playoffs??? hahahaha, oh, redskin fans in April, every year the same thing.

5 wins last year.

they won't even be .500.

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
As far as any loyalties to a particular team in Texas, Redskins fans needn't worry: He's not a Cowboys fan.

''Either you hate 'em or you love 'em,'' he said. ''I'm definitely one that hates 'em.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-s ... --nfl.html

Just based on that I think he has what it takes. :)

he also said in another video that he grew up as a cowboys fan. so who cares what they say and who puts any stock into it. it doesn't matter.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Looking at the players they drafted and the UFA - it's amazing the difference when we have guys that know what they're doing

these guys have made some errors in judgement but the last 2 drafts and the players they have added in the last year give you some reason to think that good times are ahead

we are adding to the mix - and the mix looks good

gotta keep on keeping on

I predict we look like a totally different team this year...
Then like I think it was hogster that said, we will sign players that will contribute in fa finally instead of going out and filling holes. It'll be nice to just polish up some edges instead of completely rebuilding positions of need
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football