London Fletcher... Finally

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: Palm Springs, CA

London Fletcher... Finally

Postby aswas71788 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 pm

According to The Redskins official site, London Fletcher was voted number 87 on the top 100 players list. Congratulations..well deserved!

\:D/ :celebrate: =D> :rock:

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Should be higher.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: virginia beach, va

Postby THEPosse2.0 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:59 pm

most def should be HIGHER!!!

Hog
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Hagerstown ,Md.

Re: London Fletcher... Finally

Postby jmooney » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 am

aswas71788 wrote:According to The Redskins official site, London Fletcher was voted number 87 on the top 100 players list. Congratulations..well deserved!

\:D/ :celebrate: =D> :rock:




VOTED? Who are these voters?

If London were on a team like the Steelers or Cowboys, and his stats were exactly the same. He would be top 10. Bunch of hater clowns!

I'm glad he made the list but, still not the respect he deserves.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Re: London Fletcher... Finally

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 am

jmooney wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:According to The Redskins official site, London Fletcher was voted number 87 on the top 100 players list. Congratulations..well deserved!

\:D/ :celebrate: =D> :rock:




VOTED? Who are these voters?

If London were on a team like the Steelers or Cowboys, and his stats were exactly the same. He would be top 10. Bunch of hater clowns!

I'm glad he made the list but, still not the respect he deserves.


His stock will rise significantly if the next and last couple of years of his career coincide with a Redskins revival.

Success sticks in the mind, people will start talking about the Redskins again if we're competing for the division and making the playoffs. They will then look to the reasons why and suddenly everyone will be saying how much they've always loved London Fletcher.....
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: London Fletcher... Finally

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
jmooney wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:According to The Redskins official site, London Fletcher was voted number 87 on the top 100 players list. Congratulations..well deserved!

\:D/ :celebrate: =D> :rock:




VOTED? Who are these voters?

If London were on a team like the Steelers or Cowboys, and his stats were exactly the same. He would be top 10. Bunch of hater clowns!

I'm glad he made the list but, still not the respect he deserves.


His stock will rise significantly if the next and last couple of years of his career coincide with a Redskins revival.

Success sticks in the mind, people will start talking about the Redskins again if we're competing for the division and making the playoffs. They will then look to the reasons why and suddenly everyone will be saying how much they've always loved London Fletcher.....

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4222
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: London Fletcher... Finally

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 am

jmooney wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:According to The Redskins official site, London Fletcher was voted number 87 on the top 100 players list. Congratulations..well deserved!

\:D/ :celebrate: =D> :rock:


VOTED? Who are these voters?


The NFL players:

Link for various players - Top 100 2012

Link for Fletch - Fletch

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:32 am

Can't we just appreciate London for who he is without the hyperbole?

He is a two time pro bowler with a Super Bowl ring (1999, St Louis Rams). Sure, he's a little under appreciated, but he's a very, very good player... just not great.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4412
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri May 04, 2012 9:32 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:Can't we just appreciate London for who he is without the hyperbole?

He is a two time pro bowler with a Super Bowl ring (1999, St Louis Rams). Sure, he's a little under appreciated, but he's a very, very good player... just not great.


In a weird twist, he's also widely acknowledged for being under appreciated. :)

08 Champ
Posts: 13054
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 am

London Fletcher is widely recognized by both his peers and by many fans as being a VERY good NFL player

Recognition by others AND especially the Pro Bowl voters is NOT at all important - being voted into the Pro Bowl should not carry ANY significance at all - this is a stupid popularity contest and means SQUAT

some players are recognized as being that special they can single handedly make a difference when they are playing
London Fletcher is that type of player - our defense needs him

London Fletcher will continue to help this franchise on the field and off

this is a HOF player - enough said
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4412
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 am

SkinsJock wrote:London Fletcher is widely recognized by both his peers and by many fans as being a VERY good NFL player

Recognition by others AND especially the Pro Bowl voters is NOT at all important - being voted into the Pro Bowl should not carry ANY significance at all - this is a stupid popularity contest and means SQUAT


Weird, but I completely agree with you, SJ.

With all of this talk about getting rid of the Pro Bowl next year, I hope the NFL still has some sort of All Star system. Preferably without fan voting. I think its still cool to acknowledge those guys who killed it during the year, especially if they aren't on winning team.

tribe
Posts: 6109
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri May 04, 2012 11:08 am

Deadskins wrote:Should be higher.


should be LOWER....cuz that would be closer to #1
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

08 Champ
Posts: 13054
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am

riggofan wrote:.. With all of this talk about getting rid of the Pro Bowl next year, I hope the NFL still has some sort of All Star system. Preferably without fan voting. I think its still cool to acknowledge those guys who killed it during the year, especially if they aren't on winning team.


agree with this - there needs to be a better way of 'recognizing' and making known the players that made a difference by their play

there has to be a better way

FOR A START - ANY form of player evaluation should NOT include anyone that kept players out of the HOF that clearly belong there :roll:
THEY clearly do not have the ability to see what is going on between the lines :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 04, 2012 12:31 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Should be higher.


should be LOWER....cuz that would be closer to #1


LOL

True.....true
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

DarthMonk
Posts: 4222
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 04, 2012 1:04 pm

The Hogster wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Should be higher.


should be LOWER....cuz that would be closer to #1


LOL

True.....true


All depends.

When we write lists 1 is usually at the top, i.e., higher.

OTOH, 1 has a lower numerical value than 100.

Whateva.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football