Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Redskins

Postby EmDiggy » Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpA7UfJZVpU

Good evening Redskins fans! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree with a lot of your thoughts....especially concerning our 4th round pick. But, as this has already generated a lot of thread wear on this, and other, Skin web sites, I will let sleeping dogs lie on that point.

Thanks for posting....and am hoping that your prediction that we may be a playoff team this season bears fruit.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Emory, Emory, Emory. We only had two lousy QBs last season, not three. [-X
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:Emory, Emory, Emory. We only had two lousy QBs last season, not three. [-X

Apparently, I didn't get that copyright registered quickly enough... :wink:

anyway... Emory, Emory, Emory... where is it written that "you have to pick something"? Finding Cousins still there after making their 1st 4th round pick was a bonus. RGIII is the franchise. Cousins is insurance against injury... and an investment to convert to a 2nd round pick in the future.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby EmDiggy » Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 pm

LOL! Thanks Gang!! I just felt like you could've gotten a QB in Rd 6.. YEP, that's nitpicking :)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm

EmDiggy wrote:LOL! Thanks Gang!! I just felt like you could've gotten a QB in Rd 6.. YEP, that's nitpicking :)

Yeah, it's nitpicking... because it wouldn't have been a QB of the quality of Cousins. This was not a luxury pick... it was an insurance pick, by a quarterback minded coach... who may very well turn into a 2nd round pick at some point... and, in the interim, may help to save our season if Griffin get's dinged. Fact... That's NOT something we can look to Grossman to do.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Emory, we didn't just want "a" QB to back up RGIII. We wanted a quality QB to back up to RGIII - not a long term developmental guy from the 6th round (don't even go there about Brady - that is not the norm) :)

With Cousins scheduled to split the reps 50/50 with Grossman when OTA's begin, it looks like Shanny didn't draft Cousins to automatically sit behind a "lousy" QB. He drafted Cousins to compete.

BTW, I would go back an edit the Cousins comment out. Sounds like a media bandwagon stance on your part. I enjoy your videos and you should set yourself apart from those media amateurs. Mayock - yes! Emory - why not yes, someday! Your analysis of our draft of guys who were not the topped ranked at their positions, at the time of the the Skins selected, says that you get what a major part of a successful draft is all about - getting guys in the right system and coaching them. So go back and get that Cousins thing out of there and set yourself further apart from the other guys.

piggie

Postby EmDiggy » Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Emory, we didn't just want "a" QB to back up RGIII. We wanted a quality QB to back up to RGIII - not a long term developmental guy from the 6th round (don't even go there about Brady - that is not the norm) :)

With Cousins scheduled to split the reps 50/50 with Grossman when OTA's begin, it looks like Shanny didn't draft Cousins to automatically sit behind a "lousy" QB. He drafted Cousins to compete.

BTW, I would go back an edit the Cousins comment out. Sounds like a media bandwagon stance on your part. I enjoy your videos and you should set yourself apart from those media amateurs. Mayock - yes! Emory - why not yes, someday! Your analysis of our draft of guys who were not the topped ranked at their positions, at the time of the the Skins selected, says that you get what a major part of a successful draft is all about - getting guys in the right system and coaching them. So go back and get that Cousins thing out of there and set yourself further apart from the other guys.

Thanks Red One!! I really appreciate that!! I like the interaction that I have with the fans and you guys actually elevate me from amateur status!

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 am

On the "luxury pick" comment that seems the buzzword. I agree it is insurance. I agree we could have picked up a QB later (but in all likelihood with a smaller margin for present and future value). However, there is a lot of confidence that Cousins = 2nd round. I don't buy that. It will all depend on how things play out.

In fact, I hope he doesn't command 2nd pick value. It would mean a very healthy, productive QB in RGIII that means a lack of evidence for Cousins' value. In such a scenario, it would take a desperate team to reach for Cousins as opposed to another young R2-R4 QB they could draft and mold from day 1 out of college.

Still, it's a win-win. Either our insurance pays off (i hope not!) or our team has improved considerably without his services aside from a rare backup duty in a rout.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 08, 2012 3:27 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Emory, Emory, Emory. We only had two lousy QBs last season, not three. [-X

Or the other way around. :roll:

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby EmDiggy » Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:On the "luxury pick" comment that seems the buzzword. I agree it is insurance. I agree we could have picked up a QB later (but in all likelihood with a smaller margin for present and future value). However, there is a lot of confidence that Cousins = 2nd round. I don't buy that. It will all depend on how things play out.

In fact, I hope he doesn't command 2nd pick value. It would mean a very healthy, productive QB in RGIII that means a lack of evidence for Cousins' value. In such a scenario, it would take a desperate team to reach for Cousins as opposed to another young R2-R4 QB they could draft and mold from day 1 out of college.

Still, it's a win-win. Either our insurance pays off (i hope not!) or our team has improved considerably without his services aside from a rare backup duty in a rout.

This is true... it is a Win-Win for you guys.. Your QB situation, even with 2 rookies, isn't a question mark imho anymore

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 am

I'll echo the feeling that by being able to get Cousins we solidified a position that last season showed to be a huge weakness

we now have a QB (Cousins) that we'll get ready to back up RGIII - we do NOT trade him when he proves to be better that Grossman

Grossman is ONLY here to help both the rookies get ready to play in the NFL - Grossman is insurance that you hope you never need

HOPEFULLY Grossman never again is needed to play OR if he does have to go in, it's just for a short time

we need RGIII to be the QB that he is AND we need Cousins to be THE back up QB ASAP

we are ONLY trading Cousins IF we can get another good back up ...

Grossman is NOT a good back up - he's insurance that we hope we never need AND his main job is to get the other 2 ready so that we NEVER need him

we were V lucky to be able to add depth to the QB position
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 am

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

How'd you do that? 8-[

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

How'd you do that? 8-[

It's OK, CT, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all. 8)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 11:35 am

BTW, Emory, I went back and looked at your last two draft grade videos, and you did pretty well. :up:

It's not easy to grade a draft so soon after it occurs.

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football