Which of our receiving corps will have the biggest year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Out of all of our receivers / te's, who is going to have the biggest impact this year?

Pierre Garcon
32%
Josh Morgan
4%
Leonard Hankerson
16%
Santana Moss
24%
Anthony Armstrong
4%
Brandon Banks
No votes
Terrance Austin
No votes
Chris Cooley
12%
Fred David
8%
Niles Paul
No votes

Total votes : 25
swine

Which of our receiving corps will have the biggest year?

Postby Prowl33 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 pm

This is a really tough one even I'm going to have to think about... debating between Cooley and Pierre.

Plus in addition, I don't know why a lot of people have been hating on Cooley lately... he has been our most productive offensive player for over 5 years now... and now he has a great QB and supporting cast...

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 am

I think Moss will be the beneficiary of the added talent to the WR corps. Without a #1 or maybe even #2 corner on him, he should flourish and continue to get YAC.

Hog

Re: Which of our receiving corps will have the biggest year?

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 am

Prowl33 wrote:This is a really tough one even I'm going to have to think about... debating between Cooley and Pierre.

Plus in addition, I don't know why a lot of people have been hating on Cooley lately... he has been our most productive offensive player for over 5 years now... and now he has a great QB and supporting cast...

I don't think people are hating on Cooley, I think people expect for Fred Davis to have a good/better/great season after having a pretty nice one last year before the drug stuff.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 am

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:I think Moss will be the beneficiary of the added talent to the WR corps. Without a #1 or maybe even #2 corner on him, he should flourish and continue to get YAC.

This is thw same thing I've been thinking. I can really see Moss having some big games with they way RG3 can throw the deep ball.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 am

This is hard to project... The starter at TE could get big #'s because they're typically a saftey valve for young QB's. The defense will be spread with WR's, there will be a spy on RGIII and our TE's can beat most LB's. I could see our TE's having a lot of receptions. Davis could get quite a bit of YAC. Cooley/Davis could see some TD's.

Garcon is going to get a lot of YAC. Especially on broken plays.

If I had to choose one person, it'd be Leonard Hankerson. Hank showed a lot of promise in his very limited action. Even though it was limited, we witnessed a maturation process, growth and productivity. He matured by owning his short comings and working hard in practice (Mike S. staple) to earn starting time. We saw growth in his game, as he was reliable in that short period of time. He must have been running the correct routes, as evident by him being targetted quite a bit and not benched.

But... The biggest thing is, he was a redzone target. Look for RGIII to throw back shoulder passes to our biggest WR. Look for RGIII to break the pocket and throw a high frozen rope to his tallest WR.

Prowl33 wrote:This is a really tough one even I'm going to have to think about... debating between Cooley and Pierre.

He's also been injured a lot lately. There's no hate but you gotta get on the field, especially when you're country 6M+ against the CAP.

FanofallthatisGibbs wrote:I think Moss will be the beneficiary of the added talent to the WR corps. Without a #1 or maybe even #2 corner on him, he should flourish and continue to get YAC.

I doubt it. Mike mentioned Moss almost as an after-thought. When speaking about who would be considered starters both Garcon and Hankerson were mentioned first. Moss was jumbled in with Morgan at the slot position.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am

Cooley got my vote because he always was a Pro-Bowl TE working with mediocre QBs in the past. :up:

F. Davis may not even finish the season on the field. :cry:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am

Had to go with Garcon. I think he'll bust out and have a good year.

I had to consider Davis too, for the same reasons Chris stated. My question about him though is if a healthy Cooley might affect his impact and time on the field?

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

I don't trust Cooley not to get hurt or Davis not to get himself in more trouble so I'm going with Garçon.
Suck and Luck

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 am

We got Garcon for a reason. He will have a big year.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 am

Santana will have his career best.. watch wuh meh tell yuh.

They will have no choice but to double team Garcon and IF Santana is in the slot.. ooooh boy.

Santana for President 2016
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Santana will have his career best.. watch wuh meh tell yuh.

They will have no choice but to double team Garcon and IF Santana is in the slot.. ooooh boy.

Santana for President 2016

I dig your logic, and I won't be surprised to see Moss tear it up this season. Too many people dismissing him too easily.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 pm

The TE position will get the most first downs and cause matchup problems for the opposing DC's

the WRs will get the most yards

passing TDs will be evenly spread between the backs, TEs and WRs

we are going to see a more evenly balanced offense this year with RGIII getting used to the NFL and what Kyle wants to run here
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Eddie Royal! He signed with us, right? :hmm: :-k :up:
XVII XXII XXVI

swine

Postby Prowl33 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

I decided I am going with Chris Cooley... He has only had a couple injuries... and he is fully healthy and recovered now. I see our old pro-bowl TE being the biggest contributor to the team, not that everyone else wont contribute.

You want to talk YAC? Look back at some Cooley film, this guy is a bulldozer that just runs people over, and he has sticky hands when it comes to catching that ball too. He runs great routes, and can put on a good block.

I say this year he has a career season, and is now entering his prime. Dare I say #1 TE in the NFL in the 2012 season? I honestly think so, maybe not for total yards or TD's because our offense will be spread, but just overall production at the position.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Prowl33 wrote:He has only had a couple injuries...

True but they've lingered and been impactful to his career and ability to contribute.

Prowl33 wrote:and he is fully healthy and recovered now.

That has yet to be determined. The big test is OTA's. He hasn't really put a pounding on that knee yet.

Prowl33 wrote:I say this year he has a career season, and is now entering his prime.

Possible but he's def not entering his prime. He's getting up their in age, an inablity to quickly bounce back from injury is usually a tell-tale sign for NFL players.

Prowl33 wrote: Dare I say #1 TE in the NFL in the 2012 season? I honestly think so, maybe not for total yards or TD's because our offense will be spread, but just overall production at the position.

I hope Cooley has a banner year but, #1 TE...? No. lol. Gronk, Hernandez? Yes.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football