Which of our receiving corps will have the biggest year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Out of all of our receivers / te's, who is going to have the biggest impact this year?

Pierre Garcon
32%
Josh Morgan
4%
Leonard Hankerson
16%
Santana Moss
24%
Anthony Armstrong
4%
Brandon Banks
No votes
Terrance Austin
No votes
Chris Cooley
12%
Fred David
8%
Niles Paul
No votes

Total votes : 25
Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Prowl33 wrote:He has only had a couple injuries...

True but they've lingered and been impactful to his career and ability to contribute.

Prowl33 wrote:and he is fully healthy and recovered now.

That has yet to be determined. The big test is OTA's. He hasn't really put a pounding on that knee yet.

Prowl33 wrote:I say this year he has a career season, and is now entering his prime.

Possible but he's def not entering his prime. He's getting up their in age, an inablity to quickly bounce back from injury is usually a tell-tale sign for NFL players.

Prowl33 wrote: Dare I say #1 TE in the NFL in the 2012 season? I honestly think so, maybe not for total yards or TD's because our offense will be spread, but just overall production at the position.

I hope Cooley has a banner year but, #1 TE...? No. lol. Gronk, Hernandez? Yes.

Someone is kinda being a downer today.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Seriously, 16 votes? Come on people, polls are made to be used so use um!!! :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 pm

This is a tough prediction to make this early...but...I'm thinking Hankerson is going to have a breakthrough year if he gets (and stays) healthy. Something tells me we will see a lot of 2/3 TE sets near the goal line with Paul, Davis and Cooley. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cooley used as a FB again either, especially in goal line situations. There will be a lot more weapons inside the redzone this season; as well as a QB who can take off and get there himself...thats going to open things up. I bet (hope) we see a lot more 6's this year instead of 3's.

Yards: Hankerson
TD: Garcon
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Tue May 08, 2012 3:43 pm

It's still early to base this on anything more than speculation, but I'll go with Garçon. I can see him having a big year. I'm really pulling for Cooley to have a good year, and hope that Fred Davis can keep out of trouble, but I agree with SkinsJock that the WR will see most of the yards while the TE mismatches will maintain drives with first downs.

I certainly look for a balanced attack this year with an offense that's designed to spread the ball around quite a bit. We should really be able to keep defenses guessing with any number of formations from 2 TE sets, as well as 3 or 4 WR options. We should be much harder to game plan against, especially if we can continue the success in the ground game that we were having at the end of last year. Not to mention the x factor that, if needed, our QB can tuck the ball and run with it.

I'm hoping RGIII can connect early on with a couple of those gorgeous bombs so that teams will no longer be able to stack the box or continuously send the house daring us to beat them deep.

One things for sure looking at this survey, there are quite a number of weapons in the arsenal. I'm excited to see a much more potent offense!
"Givin'em the Business!"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Fred Davis will score a lot. I think Garcon racks up a ton of catches and YAC. Neck & Neck
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:41 pm

I am thinking Cooley will have the biggest impact because I think he is finally healed and will stretch the chains when needed, but AA will stretch the field when possible. He has so much speed and never had anyone that could lead a deep pass consistently.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Tough question to answer now. To me it will depend on who our new starter feels most comfortable with during training camp.....who will become RGIII's favorite target .....and who will be the go to guy (could be two different receivers). From that perspective, all of the pass catchers are on a level playing field.

I picked hankerson, but garcon could be that guy as well. From Shanahan's weekend comments, those two apparently will get reps on first team during camp and will have a better chance of forming that bond with RGIII.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
That has yet to be determined. The big test is OTA's. He hasn't really put a pounding on that knee yet.

According to Shanahan, it is.
Last edited by Deadskins on Wed May 09, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed May 09, 2012 7:15 am

Who is Fred David?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 am

Based on that report aluded to by JSPB - RGIII is likely to have both Cooley and Davis

Davis has great ability and hopefully is anxious to show he's learned from his issues - Cooley has a great ability to get open

If I had to pick I'd take Davis but .....

Hopefully Moss can be used in the slot - that will help the passing game a lot

Having a decent QB changes EVERYTHING - it's hard not to expect a lot more from our passing game this season
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 am

cleg wrote:Who is Fred David?

Larry's brother.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 7:30 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Someone is kinda being a downer today.

That just seems like the realistic expectation.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 8:14 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

They key line in that article is...

Cooley is no longer dealing with swelling in the knee following workouts, Shanahan said.

They key WORD in that article is....

workouts

We're talking about a handful of light practices, without full pads, without contact...

I'll be comfortable with the status of his knee come mid-August in the midst of training camp. If his knee is holding up then, we can breathe easy. He also started out last year pretty decent but it flared up. Hence my original comment, it's to be determined.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

They key line in that article is...

Cooley is no longer dealing with swelling in the knee following workouts, Shanahan said.

They key WORD in that article is....

workouts

We're talking about a handful of light practices, without full pads, without contact...

I'll be comfortable with the status of his knee come mid-August in the midst of training camp. If his knee is holding up then, we can breathe easy. He also started out last year pretty decent but it flared up. Hence my original comment, it's to be determined.

Yes, but last year he had trouble with the swelling all through the preseason, and early games. Even when he was playing he didn't look like he was even 75%. Now we have this:

Limited to five games and just eight catches for 65 yards, Cooley has received rounds of treatment on the knee that repeatedly swelled up on him and sidelined him off and on throughout the preseason and during practices.

So far, however, his knee has held up well during the Redskins’ offseason conditioning programs, Shanahan said Sunday.

“At the tight end position, Cooley is looking really good in rehab,” the coach said. “There’s been no setback with him working out, him being able to run his routes, no swelling in the knee area.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... _blog.html
That sounds like definite progress.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 am

Deadskins wrote:That sounds like definite progress.

I'm not saying it isn't progress, it is progress. I'm just waiting until training-camp/preseason to really get my hopes up.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football