Which of our receiving corps will have the biggest year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Out of all of our receivers / te's, who is going to have the biggest impact this year?

Pierre Garcon
32%
Josh Morgan
4%
Leonard Hankerson
16%
Santana Moss
24%
Anthony Armstrong
4%
Brandon Banks
No votes
Terrance Austin
No votes
Chris Cooley
12%
Fred David
8%
Niles Paul
No votes

Total votes : 25
#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 pm

It is rare for a player to remain with a team for a decade. Cooley is going into his 9th year. It would not surprise me to see him depart, but I'd like to see what he has this season at least.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed May 09, 2012 6:42 pm

It's hard for me to believe that whoever our #1 WR is won't lead the team in yards. Best odds are on Garcon but Josh Morgan could surprise.

When it comes to TDs, I could see Fred Davis leading the team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 am

Irn-Bru wrote:It's hard for me to believe that whoever our #1 WR is won't lead the team in yards. Best odds are on Garcon but Josh Morgan could surprise.

When it comes to TDs, I could see Fred Davis leading the team.

I'd agree FFA - I think that Moss, Hankerson, Garcon and Morgan will get a lot of yards because of that arm

I just feel that the TEs and backs plus RGIII will keep the chains moving - these guys will become his goto players

RGIII's ability to get yardage on the ground is going to give DCs a fit - he can get 4 yards almost anytime he wants

a 3rd and 3 or 4 is not going to be a big deal with this kid 'running' the offense
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 am

Our WR's have been worthless in the redzone since, well forever. Why?

1. Body-type
2. Ball placement

Ball placement makes body-type less of an issue. RGIII thus far has shown that he acknowledges the importance of ball placement (throwing a WR open) and has the ability to command his passes.

In the past, our TE's have been the only source of TD revenue in games. I expect to see more fade passes and back shoulder throws. I'm standing firm in my belief that a WR (my choice is Hank) will have a big year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football